• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

I personally probably won't play the mod much until the first patch is released. Of course, it's nothing new to me, testing the game for a year or so. Of course, the game I had access to had a lot more map content than in the alpha demo (obviously).

The new additions I saw so far to the game for patch 1 are great so far. I hope they include some of the other maps as well -- they are basically done.

Upvote 0
that exactly why dev's didnt realease the game before, and also didnt realease many videos and stuff, because people start *****ing about it, many dont seem to understand the words "under development". The game IS NOT finished, why even begin hoping that its bug free and has all of the content. Take ANY game in its starting stages and youll see the same thing. for example if you had played RO long before its been completed, you'd be dissapointed also

Upvote 0
Of course. Does that mean we should praise it for what it does not offer? Or should we only praise it for what it does offer and ignore the problems in it? Or should we all shut up about the game completely?

Criticism were it's due and credit were it's due. If a release (!) is crap (which RnL isn't!) then people have every right to complain about it. If there is a new release this will be evaluated too, as will the releases after that until we reach the final version.
If it's still in development the devs shouldn't have a hard time ignoring posts about stuff they already fixed for the next releases or stuff that is already planned for some time later on. We as users can't know about that stuff. We can only describe what we see, and that's what we are doing.
If the devs can't live with that they shouldn't release stuff. Period.

Simply labeling it "alpha release", which is a contradiction in and off itself, but release cycle naming conventions work a little different in the modding world anyway, won't magically make the bugs go away. They are there so people can ***** about them.

Upvote 0
no, you definetly dont need to praise it. Im not talking about people discussing about bugs and such, but people who just ***** about the game, as not understanding that its a WIP. People have a false hope that an alpha realease should be all perfect, then they come into forums and start throwing **** around asking why is this and that crap. Constructive and intelligent criticism is always welcome, but not mindless yabbing

Upvote 0
I find your arguments lacking it is like showing me a retarded baby and then you want to try make me believe it will be a professor one day ...

Even a alpha release can iron out the most obivious bugs and flaws what the RnL team did with this release but I don't see how the realism part will work ...

Just as an example it is a pain in the *** to shoot someone (which is the death sentence to a FPS imo)

Upvote 0