• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Resistance and Liberation Alpha - Patch OUT!

Joshua Johnston said:
We won't make everyone happy, no game or team will. And catering to the more extreme views only alienates the silent majority at the center. And we're perfectly fine with that. If you aren't, this isn't the mod for you.

Now they work for the silent majority! How convenient these guys don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok as no-ones answered my question, let me try a different approach.

Can the source engine do bullet ballistics like in RO, ie no hit-scan?

I personally think they should ditch Source and start from scratch using UE3! I know it will be hard, but it would be better for their own future!

With barely anyone caring for UT3? Bad idea...

Upvote 0
Please tell me how this is becoming more like dod.

Originally Posted by Joshua Johnston
We won't make everyone happy, no game or team will. And catering to the more extreme views only alienates the silent majority at the center. And we're perfectly fine with that. If you aren't, this isn't the mod for you.

From one of the devs.

Upvote 0
Yep that's the right thing to do. Not listen to your fan base and cater to the arcade crowd.
Your opinion != everybody's(fanbases) opinion. I've been actively following RnL since 2005. And this realism crowd-arcade crowd style of thinking is just lame and shows that some people have serious trouble.

Sorry but this is just a stupid remark from someone who can

Upvote 0
And in the end you still did not play the new patch or any future version of the mod so either you play it before you judge or otherwise GTFO as nobody's asking you to stay. The Devs know exactly what they want to do and they will do it no matter if 5 little omg realismcool boys start crying.

I know I'm feeding the troll here, but take a look at their forums. It's obvious that 90% of the posters there don't want to see manual bolting go. So the amount of people on their forum who don't care which direction RnL is taking is far from "the silent majority".

I don't see how staying quiet and withholding criticism will make a product better, perhaps you can tell me. Furthermore, we DID play RnL, and actually liked it (most of us). But what we see here, is that the mod already takes a step away from realism, after just one patch. This goes against what they say on the frontpage, "We want RnL to be an effective realistic infantry combat simulator". I'm just observing the facts here. Then again, there is no such thing as facts; only "opinions" right? :rolleyes:

And Amerikaner has been around for a long time. He knows his stuff, and he kicks ***.

Upvote 0
This is how I read this quote:
Catering to the extreme crowd alienates the majority. We are fine with [alienating the majority]. If you belong to the majority, play something else.

Whether or not they keep that promise (and the other quote I comented on earlier made me doubt that) is another story. But this quote here is really no reason to b!tch and moan.

Then again, there is no such thing as facts; only "opinions" right? :rolleyes:
20080714socksbarney162wex8.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Everyone clam down!

I second this.

this thread is getting really annoying, if you truely want to discuss what should and should not be in this mod I suggest that you participate in the R&L forums, I am sure thare is a thread or two there wich discusses this.

RO boards is not the place for the discussion that is going on right now

Upvote 0