• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

ScratchOneBandit-1.jpg

A new composite - comments/crits welcome

Upvote 0
HOLY SH#$*T that's amazing!

You're really good at these. I can see where you had to make some decisions for it--there aren't any tracers flying out of the fighters, bombers, or from the ground, which makes the scene more tranquil, but also a tiny touch sterile. But to maximize the effect of tracers flying around, you would have to set the scene at night or during a sunset, so you have more contrast in the lighting.

Anyway, this composition is great, and I hope you can come up with more great stuff.

Upvote 0
Bloody amazing! You wouldn't happen to have a site with a collection of all your work? Preferrably in good wallpaper sizes. :)

Also, may I suggest a theme for your next one? I would really like to see something involving russian field modded P-40:s (the one with the klimov engine, called M-105 Field mod). The P-40 is a beautiful aircraft and a dream to fly, and it's even more beautiful with the russian exhausts.

Upvote 0
Yes that would be great as it would make it much easier to browse all your composites. Being able to use them as a wallpaper would just be a bonus, so don't worry too much about that. :)

As for your next composite I'll leave it entirely up to you, using the P-40 was just a small and humble suggestion. I'm looking forward to it no matter what planes you choose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
fliegerdenkmal.jpg

parking.jpg

ro-il2 and guests after two sucessful sorties

on screenshot #1, black 3 is baron von bobdog, black 4 is skillet. black 2 piloted by jcoquillon was struck by an 85mm AA shell while flying in close formation with me and was consequently killed in action :|

if you are interesting in joining some coop fun sent me a pm

Last edited:
Upvote 0