• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell its wong with tankers?

Depends on the map, some smooth ground out there. But the biggest benefit I find on the bigger maps and longer ranges, you as a driver can dodge the incoming while your gunner loads. Soon as you hear gunners reload cycle ending hit the brakes (one the enemy has shot and is reloading) and let him shoot.

That's assuming you've got a good gunner of course who realizes what you're doing, and not spamming the 'stop' command instead even though he's still in the reload cycle :p

T.

Quoted for truth. But by the same token if the gunner says "loaded" when he is, thats when TT becomes a real Killer!

Upvote 0
I always teamtank, and if the guy jumps out of the tank at spawn, I follow him and get in his second tank. B*tches need to learn about teamtank. I used to go solo, but then I realized it's much more efficient with another person. One way or another, I get in a tank with some one else, even if it's against his will. And if it's an idiot, too bad, when we die I just wait for some one else at spawn. It's either teamtank or no tank.

Just knowing there are guys like you out there makes me feel great whenever I get my own tank. I just know you're out there somewhere following me from server to server jumping into tanks that you think I might want to get into some day.

But you know what? I've never seen you at all. And I feel good about that.

Upvote 0
well I don't follow people from server to server, I just find it very rude when I get in some one's tank and he jumps out knowing that I want to teamtank. I would be much nicer if the guy in the tank says something like "I'm sorry but I want to solotank." Sometimes some one jumps in my tank at spawn, some one I don't know, and I give them always a chance. And I'm happy as long as they don't shoot friendly tanks.

Upvote 0
well I don't follow people from server to server, I just find it very rude when I get in some one's tank and he jumps out knowing that I want to teamtank. I would be much nicer if the guy in the tank says something like "I'm sorry but I want to solotank." Sometimes some one jumps in my tank at spawn, some one I don't know, and I give them always a chance. And I'm happy as long as they don't shoot friendly tanks.

I don't mind team crewing in a light vehicle, such as a halftrack and it might be a good thing in heavy german tanks, but team crews in T34s (my tank of choice) and SU76s just slows things down.

Upvote 0

Why should they offer you any courtesy, when you've offered them none? If you asked first and they responded as you've said you'd like them to (if they weren't interested), all's well. But to just hop in with the attitude of "To the front, Jeeves" doesn't warrant anything else than hopping out with the attitude of "Drive your own a$$ around. I'm going solo."

Even if you're not actually thinking "To the front, Jeeves", hopping in someone's tank without asking first is likely to convey that attitude regardless of your intention. Following the guy around to another tank only compounds the problem.

Basically, it's just as rude for you to hop in someone's tank without so much as a "Wanna team up?" as it is for them to hop out and go elsewhere. In some ways, it's worse because, at least when the guy hops out without a word, he's giving as good as he's getting.

Upvote 0
Theres also a problem with VOIP, not everyone uses it. As for a person in a tank waiting for awhile, that might be becuase of the "waiting for addition crewmembers that comes up on the screen when there is another tanker nearby the tank you hopped in. If its on the other side of the spawn like on Arad though, it should let you just drive off with it.

Upvote 0
well the problem with asking is when I finished typing my sentence they are long gone.

Then that should be an indication of their preferred playing style. Either way, the messege gets across withought any animosity so problem solved.

And if it takes you that long to type one sentence then you might as well wait at spawn for the next Team Tanker to spawn.

Also keep in mind that if you are a slow typer, you might not be a Team Tankers dream teammate. Most of us use voice coms for a reason. Just food for thought.

BTW, wasn't this whole problem solved with the TT and ST nick name attachment? IOW, look for names with the "TT" at spawn. Problem solved.

Just my suggestion.

Upvote 0
I don't play enough tank maps to really use it, and I already mix up my "hide HUD" button with my "Grenade" button, and I don't know if I have any keys left to bind.

Hmmm,

Is it just me or do seem to have all kinds of excuses for not being considerate to others online, yet demand consideration and compliance from others at the drop of a hat for yourself?

And you appear to have no problem calling solo tankers rude. How odd. :confused:

You might reconsider your motives through again. And remember that others paid for the game just as you did. They do not go online to appease you.

Upvote 0
well afaik RO is a teamgame, made for teamplay. I just play the game the way it's meant to be played.

Wrong. Teamplay = courtesy and cooperation. Not forcing your selfish view on others.

You can't force people to play the way YOU want them too. And you have no right to try. And there are some other flaws in your logic:

First off, Solo tankers ARE TEAM players! They coordinate via voicecoms and team play that way. If you ever play on FKRs servers you would know this.

Now having some idiot jump into your tank without asking and then driving into a minefield has zip to do with team play.

And being a slow typist and not using a mic will not win you any friends in a tank to begin with. Trust me on this.

Second, We ARE playing the game EXACTLY the way it was meant to be played. It seems that you are the one with a problem with common online courtesy. It appears to me that this is the REAL issue at hand.

Third: Who are you to tell anyone how to play the game anyway? Did you buy me my game?? No you didn't. Don't tell me how to play it! :mad:

That's just common sense.

Upvote 0
relax, I have common courtesy ingame, I don't play alot of tank maps anyway. FYI, I'm a fairly good tanker, I use the numpad to navigate the other tankmembers and to show at least how to navigate. Also, when I get in some one's tank and he's like "gtfo" and he has a decent score I just let him be. It's the people who are doing rather bad I try to convince to teamtank, especially when we're doing bad.

Upvote 0
I get in some one's tank and he's like "gtfo" and he has a decent score I just let him be. It's the people who are doing rather bad I try to convince to teamtank, especially when we're doing bad.

So it makes a difference what there score is? What if they just joined? What if they are a n00b learning the ropes? What if they just arn't that good?

I was neutral on this issuse in 'till now. Many a time I have jumpedin someones tank, but if they get back out or tell me to leave I usually don't follow them (unless I fell obnoxious).

Seriously, it's not your tank (neither is it his, but he picked it first), you don't have the right to force people to TT with you. Maybe you are the one that sucks, you can't figure out how to ST.:mad:

Upvote 0
Wrong. Teamplay = courtesy and cooperation. Not forcing your selfish view on others.

You can't force people to play the way YOU want them too. And you have no right to try. And there are some other flaws in your logic.

So what side are you argueing for now?

As I said before, this issue will go on till the cows come home. I personally like to team tank and would like to see some servers support it more. That does not mean that I am shutting others out and forcing them. If a server chose to do this then those that want to solo don't have to join. After all as you say, it is a free world and if you don't own the server, then you shouldn't dictate its rules. I'm not dictating rules either. I am just saying what I would like to see on "some" servers, not all. As I respect that other people also enjoy different styles of play. So can we maybe just agree to disagree and get on with it without all the chest beating? Please?

Upvote 0
So what side are you argueing for now?

As I said before, this issue will go on till the cows come home. I personally like to team tank and would like to see some servers support it more. That does not mean that I am shutting others out and forcing them. If a server chose to do this then those that want to solo don't have to join. After all as you say, it is a free world and if you don't own the server, then you shouldn't dictate its rules. I'm not dictating rules either. I am just saying what I would like to see on "some" servers, not all. As I respect that other people also enjoy different styles of play. So can we maybe just agree to disagree and get on with it without all the chest beating? Please?

What side to I take? Same as I have always taken.

Let's put the BS behind us and play in the real world.

Join one of our FKR tank map servers and see what you are made of.

Simple as that.

I will Solo and Team tank with the best of them, including noobs like you.

My tank has an open slot for you to prove your point.!!!

Put your money where your mouths are and play with us instead of playing **** **** games in the forum. Lets see what you are really made of.

Meet us on one of thel FKR tank map servers and we will see what baddass Tanker and TTers you really are. Hell, I will even team tank with you and teach you a thing or two.

Put your money where your mouths are and stop ********* on the forums

Ill wait for you this Fri and Sat.

Here is your chance to be the baddas you think you are.

Be there or be squere.

Your choice.

Ill be waiting. Lets see if you show up.

7-8 pm Central time.

Look for GonzoX on the FKR tank map servers.

What are your nick names so I can look for them?????

Last edited:
Upvote 0