• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the hell its wong with tankers?

Check out www.wolfservers.com and rent a server of your own then. :) Seriously, the rates aren't that bad and this way you can make the server do whatever it is you want.

Solo,

As stated earlier, I am in Oz, I work hellish hours in the weirdest locations and do not get the time nowadays to play RO as much as I would like. Let alone run and admin a server. So I put the idea foward and if no servers like it, then they wont bother with it. I am not demanding that somebody else change their server just for me. I put foward an idea, that is all. If a server thinks "mmmm I might give that a go" - then great. If all the servers think "what a crock of sh!t" - then no probs, it doesn't happen and I keep playing when I can.

Upvote 0
what, like in a thread on the Ro forums about team tanking for instance?

Most FKR Tank Players do not post or even read here.

Unlike some folks who like to complain about stuff and live in this forum, they would rather actually play the game.

Imagine that. There is a world of RO players outside of this forum. In fact, some of you forget that most RO players do not even know this forum exits.

Go to the servers gents! Hit the "T" key and then ask them that way. You may be surprised.

Upvote 0
Gonzox,

I just gotta ask.

Why are you so determined to head this off? Why can't a server if they choose to, try this type of thing? As I said before. If nobody likes it, then the server will be empty and change back. No probs. I like to tank TT and solo and would love to try it out. You never know, I might hate it as it may not live up to be what I expected.

Can't you just agree to disagree and allow others their point of view? Just because people discuss TT'ing, does not mean that they are all anti solo and want to shut solo's down.

I'm putting my hand up as a supporter of the theory and would like to see it on some servers. Not all servers, but some servers.

On the contrary my friend. I encourage you to try it. And then come back here and post your findings.

All Im saying is that most Tankers will not go for this. Go to the tank servers and ask them. Your server will most likely be empy most of the time if this is implemented as most tankers will be turned off by this.

We do actually discuss things like this over voice coms when we play. Most of the tankers online do not post here though so they are a silent majority.

I have a hunch that the developers have already tried this and realized that would kill tank gameplay. This is why I personally think that option will never see the light of day. I would bet money on it. It may become an option perhaps, but it would only work on combined arms maps where each team has 1 tank or similar. We will never see it on Orel or Debrecen servers though, Im sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well thankyou for your encouragement Gonzox.

I hope to see it happen and hope to try it. I would be happy to report back on the results (whatever they may be) if it ever does eventuate.

I personally would not put money on it either way, but would be interested to see it tried, have a chance to play it and see the result from the effort. It is gaming after all and we are dealing with all different kinds of people. You don't always know what kind of result you are going to get. Sometimes you can only speculate.

Upvote 0
All Im saying is that most Tankers will not go for this. Go to the tank servers and ask them.

most tankers wouldn't have to go for this- it would be a niche option for those who would.
I'm not even saying i'm that into it myself, I was just suggesting it as possible solution for those who seem to prefer tt encourged.
I'm good like that.
I'm not going around tankservers asking people like some desperate traveling salesman, cos i'm not bothered either way really.

I'm sure most ppl arn't up for the idea, for the majority of players the love of all things realism only works until the game gets more challanging.
And while ppl talk of teamwork, it rarely means working with ppl they don't know and feel may let them down. Most wont accept reducing their performance while they invest some time bringing someone up to scratch.
What most people want from tanks in this game is going to sit far closer to the COD:UO experience than some kinda sim- and not only do i accept that, to some extent I agree.
But perhaps not everyone does.

And let's be fair, your opinion is clear- you want your right to tank on your own (or at least TT on your own terms) protected and your gonna say whatever to defend that. I would never suggest a wholesale forced fundimental change upon players - it's just as ridiculous as calls for AB to be made standard.

But in light of your comments regarding the tiger and is2 in particular- i'm suprised you totally rejected the suggestion outright when I suggested that a sensible option would be to make a mutator flexible enough to allow the option of a delay only with particular tanks and in certain situations.

Upvote 0
Think you missunderstood me.

What I meant was that such an option would make sense on maps with combined inf maps where each team has only one or two tanks and 20 ppl wanting to be a tanker.

In Orel and Debrecen OTOH, us solo tankers will use TT in those two slow heavy tanks to good effect without an outside source needing to police us.

But the truth is out there. Most Tankers are solo tankers and always will be unless somebody screwes the game up.

Upvote 0
Think you missunderstood me.

What I meant was that such an option would make sense on maps with combined inf maps where each team has only one or two tanks and 20 ppl wanting to be a tanker.

In Orel and Debrecen OTOH, us solo tankers will use TT in those two slow heavy tanks to good effect without an outside source needing to police us.

But the truth is out there. Most Tankers are solo tankers and always will be unless somebody screwes the game up.

I totally agree it's best for CA with smaller tank numbers. In fact i would say it could be a great inprovment. That's what made me think of it first ( well, it's hardly my idea is it but you know what i mean)
I personnally wouldn''t be bothered if it wasn't used on orel etc. cos I usually only play with 2 or 3 guys i know anyway, before entering the servers, and maybe then occasionally swap it about with ppl i recognise in the game- so there's no need to change anything.

Upvote 0
:DLoL Strewth a noob.....you guys are missinformed,Back in OZ he is very well known.If you are on RO mate jump in with me I dont mind either way.You may have to kick out old BeAvEr to get a seat though LoL.
OB3R

Thanks oberkommando, it would be a great honour to be blown into tiny little itsy bitsy pieces in a cyber jam tin while TT'ing. Dieing horrible deaths is something that I can do quite well at when I put my mind to playing RO:D

Actually in all seriousness, I have met some great blokes in RO and even while TT'ing. I am not the greatest and occasionally do something stupid that gets us creamed, but I do the best I can and try to have fun doing it. Most blokes understand this and unless you constantly do "guaranteed death" type things, they are pretty understanding about it.

Don't worry. As discussed in other threads. It is not just tanks that lead to trouble. Some blokes have gotten agitated if you follow them on foot as though they have a secret path and you are like a 6yo kid following and gonna blow their cover or something. These are few and far between, but has happened. Did you ever watch the original Batman movie, where Batman is running around a jetty with a bomb in his hand? Everywhere he turned there was someone going to be hurt if he threw it. Well...... I too have done that in the heat of battle. Pulled the nade pin dashed around the corner and bugger me, it's full of my own men who just broke through. When you turn around to throw it, there are more of your own behind you. Result = not pretty:eek:

We all make silly mistakes, but we can always press replay. The good guys try to learn from their mistakes and I find most blokes fairly understanding about this.

i dunno wher I am heading with this now. Maybe time for another coffee.

Upvote 0