• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

• Graphics

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • New Features # 1 (new vehicles, maps, etc)

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • New features # 2 (edit existing features)

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • bug fixes

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • other fixes

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • focus on infantry

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • focus on tanks

Votes: 17 11.5%

• Total voters
In my opinion there should be at least 5-8 new tank models. Personally I like to see more medium tanks and maybe 1 type of a heavy tank/tank destroyer for each nation such as King Tiger for the Germans and SU 100 for the Russians.
Also I like to see on the German side the Hetzer, Jagdpanther, Panzer II and a Panzer III with side armor like the Panzer IV H.
For the Russians it would be nice to have a tank ranked between IS2 and T34/85. Im thinking of the KV-85. Sure, it wasnt produced in high numbers but it had the same 85mm gun but a better armor. I get bored of the 1 hit2kill T34-85s honestly..
I have mentioned the SU 100 already but that makes me want to have the SU 85 version. A fast, low tank destroyer without turret.

The Russians have less tanks because their main tank army consisted of T34 models during the whole war except for the first months. The game needs a variety of tanks in my opinion.

Upvote 0
- proper limits of roles (smg, mg, snipers etc) on servers with slots more than 32 as it's on servers with less than 32 slots.
- realistic armor values and system of penetration and others things relevant to tanks.
- stg 44 seperated with mp40 in another Assault Trooper role.
- 3d voices
- smg recoil decreased

Upvote 0
I'm all for infantry improvements... but I can't think of anything that just HAS to be improved there, since everything is working quite fine - but some little additions would keep the game fresh.

Random ideas:
In real life, you have more situational awareness than ingame, your FOV is wider, you have a better feeling for what is going on around you - if there would be a way to actually simulate this, RO would become even better.
I think of some auto-shouting when a grenade is falling right in front of you and your comrades. In reality, you would actually scream to warn your friends, but ingame, much key-pressing is required, resulting in a grenade warning that is heard throughout the map. You get the idea - if your character sees a nade falling in front of him, he should automatically cry to warn if there are any teammates at close range (about 15 metres).

Another thing would be auto-screaming when being hit, like "That son of a %&! hit my foot" or "My legs, my legs! I'm gonna tell my mommy!". This would not improve gameplay at all, but I think it would add to the atmosphere. Some more anger and hate would be nice on the battlefields, since they seem a bit quiet to me. An optional battlecry for bayonet-charges would be a blast.

Fixing the 'I step on the head of a prone guy'-glitch, where you keep 'popping' up when being behind cover, would be nice as well. I don't know a way to fix it, but it would be nice if this problem could be solved in some way.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, the "stepping up" problem is a feature of the engine. It's to handle bumps in terrain and without it you wouldn't be able to get climb staircases or walk over debris. You'd be using the jump key for everything. Other games avoid the problem by either implementing an invisible ramp to get over problem areas or by using a lower height check for the step up. In this case, decreasing the height check variable would be the logical step, but if that happens, it has to be considered as to what that would break in various maps.

Upvote 0
Can I go with a therd option? I would like the fallowing:

More Uniforms!

Germans: Winter, and Forest camo, IE different packs, and other things too!

Russians: Trench coats, more use of Combat helmets on soldiers (these are so rare to see in game it's not even funny, but when you look at combat footage almost all Russians had them), agian different back packs, and stuff for the comon soldier IE the Winter guys all have cool sacks, but the non winter guys only get a sash? what happened to the combat packs you see in lots of real life footage? And no they did not drop them off some place before going into battle. IE there is planty of combat footage on the net/TV that shows all militaries in WW2 runing round in full combat gear and not takeing it off at all.

Also more non turreted tanks! we have lots of tanks that can spin their turrets around but almost no tanks that can't! IE we need tanks like the fallowing:

Germans: Hetzer, JadgPanther, JadgPanzer, Elefant (Realy need this one bad!), Stug3 with Shurtzen

Russians: ISU-100, ISU-152 (realy need this one bad!)

We also need maps that show battles like the fallowing:

Polovs House: The place that was THE symbol of resistance in Stalingrad! This fight lasted for 59 days! This was major victory for the Russians, and set the stage for their counter attack. Why is this not ingame?

Volga: IE a battle showing the fighting on the other side of Stalingrad the part that was across the Volga rivier, where Germans 6th Panzer divsion was surrounded and fought on for another 3 days after the battle was offcialy over.

Moscow Outskirts: We have no battle for this? how can the devs claim to be THE Eastern Front game and not have a battle that shows the fighting that took place just 5 miles from Moscow? It's one of the most critical battles of the War.

Kharkov: Winter version please! It was one of the bigest battles of the war. I would love to have it back and remade for the full and offcial game. Please it was so much fun. This time though it needs to be bigger, and more open than the one in the mod.

Valirisk: This was another huge battle. I'lbet a tank battle but still a winter only tank battle where you got snow falling and tanks every where would rock!

SeeLow Heights: This was a major battle on the outskerts of Russia just before they pushed the Germans back into Germany. It had alot of tanks and some of the last bits of good German equpiment was used in this battle.

All of these IMHO are needed to make the game fully complete for me, and many other RO fans. The Fans have tryed these before but they can never do them justice like the offcial devs could. Ie they would add in all kinds of crap we don't need like pink tanks, dolls, and other crap that has no palce in a realsitic war game.........

Upvote 0
Moscow Outskirts: We have no battle for this? how can the devs claim to be THE Eastern Front game and not have a battle that shows the fighting that took place just 5 miles from Moscow? It's one of the most critical battles of the War.

agree, this is the battles which RO:O cannot miss! a T-35 ride would be interesting !:cool:

t-35_03.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lazur

lazur

+1 add the final map lazur ;) historcial map ;) very good work...

by drecks a very good mapper ;) ( maybe the best ??? )

+2 add more maps also with panthers.... ( orel ? kursk ? ) and more maps with doors system ;) ( like odessa krasnyi oktyarb zitomir )

+3 add more recoil for pssh 41 and ppd40 and jamming ( when a soldier shoot all his magazine in little period : 71 bullets with rythm of fire of 800 and 900 bullets by minuts... theses weapons need jamming and recoil effects )

+4 add the mg 34 ( shooting during movement ) system for mg 42

+5 more recoil for stug 44

+6 create panzerschreck 1943 ( with system of ammo supply look like to mg ;) )

+7 add tractor work map and more 1941 1942 axis victory map : red square , pavlov house , barrikady, volga , rattenkrieg, pitomnik, tatsinkaia, rostov, spartakovka, stalingrad south siko, main railyard, kourgane mamayev, minsk, vitsbeck, smolensk 1941, kiev, yelna, moskowa, ... more maps with pantehr ( why only arad ogledow ) add more map with bt 7 ( why only berezina )

+8 create supply ammo for artillrey support...

+9 less panzerfaust for players : panzerfaust only for pak soldat, but with the panzerfaust more powerfull... ( the satchel are not in ammo supply, why the panzerfaust are in ammo supply ?? )

+10 add 1 horrible gore effect in more: a soldier cut in 2 parts.... (by paznerfaust or tank shoot )

+11 soviet call their comrades : brat, why the germans can t call their comrade : kamerad, kameraden ??

+12 add new vehicules :
armor :
panzer II lunch ( vs t 60 )
sdkfz 221 with mg 34 ( vs ba 64 )
jeep :
add kubelwagen horch 1b gaz 67 et jeep willy
truck:
opel blitz
zis 42

+13 add more antitank gun pak 40 zis 43 zis 42

+14 add schurtzen for panther

+15 more panzers adn tanks need to have the possibility to load soldeirs like bt 7 system

+16 create panzerbush 39 ( the german antitank rifle ) for kryukovo ;)

+17 uniforms are perfect ;) ( uniforms are realistics ---> perfect job ) camo for panzers too ;) good job tripwire ;) but except for sdkfz 251 hanomag..... need tank camo ( feldgrau ?? it is the name of this camo ?? the camo of panther in arad and ogledow... )

+the tureel of is 2 need to have the same speed of tiger turrel : slow...

+19 add special petrol zones in russian tank : is 2 t 34 kv 1

+20 add the possibilty to cancel wrong artillerie shoot

+21 last point but not teh least : in tcherkassy change the russianmusic in german song !!!

+22 cancel the pssh 41 in axis side... ( why russian dont have mp 40 in russian side ???? )

+23 cancel the 3 mg in tula : only 2 mg is good in this map. 3 mg is too much
abd add russian rifle m38

+24 add 1 g41 and 1 mp 40 in krasyi oktyabr
add a ammo supply for german when they take the petrol yard : the russian suplly ammo of pertol yard must become german when this zone is captured

+25 change the system of caputring for the 2 last objectives : tower and head quarter : do the same system of capturing than for the 2 first ( apparts and square )

+26 add 1 g41 in basovka

+27 add a scharfschutze in lyeskorvy ?

+28 add the scharfschutze g41 for the map 1941 1942

+29 add 1 panther in arad

+30 add 2 mp 40 in baksan valley

+31 add t 70 and t 34 model 1943

+32 add german bmw motorcycle and soviet motorcycle

+33 add more maps infantery map with litgh armored vehicules ( like smolensk )

+34 cancel one of the 2 scharfschutze and sniper in barashka ( the ratio in war of snipers )

+35 add more maps without snipers and scharfscutze like baksan valley and kaukasus

Last edited:
Upvote 0