• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

What do you want to see in the patch after next?

• Graphics

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • New Features # 1 (new vehicles, maps, etc)

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • New features # 2 (edit existing features)

Votes: 21 14.2%
  • bug fixes

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • other fixes

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • focus on infantry

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • focus on tanks

Votes: 17 11.5%

• Total voters

[VFD]HH

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
Here are some things I thought of that the patch after next could focus on, and what people are interested in. This is intended to help TWI focus their efforts if the want to.

Graphical Improvements- Pretty self explanatory.

New Features #1 (Weapons, Maps, Vehicles, skins)- This option would have TWI focus on making new weapons and vehicles to add, as well as awesome new maps.

New Features #2 - Changes to existing stuff (For example, adding adjustable scopes to the scoped rifles, adding fire control modes to the PPSH41, smoke shells for tanks, the ability to raise your head with an MG, etc.)

Bug fixes- Fix existing bugs, glitches, etc. This can include both in game and hardware/software bugs. Also, generally making the game faster and better for worse CPUs/Connections

Other fixes- This would be things like changing the recoil on SMGs/MGs, changing how tank combat/penetration works, etc.

Lastly:
All categories, but focus on making infantry better.
or
All categories, but focus on making tanks better.

Focus on in infantry. IMO, the tank combat feels ok at the moment, the infantry combat, while ok, just lacks something I can't really describe... Maybe its the animations (half track animations, getting in/out of vehicles, and general 3rd person movement). I still haven't felt that feeling games like COD (even though its a completely different type of game...) gave me, where you could actually feel the intensity of it all. Maybe it was just due to the more explosions, atmosphere, smoke, variety in uniforms and player models etc.

Upvote 0
Well there are some big bugs/other stuff that i'd still would like to see fixed.

And some more adminning options like an ingame admin gui, ability to force people to play on the other side after a round etc.

But mainly after that, i'd like the ability to see different kinds of gameplay as in server options. Like new game modes.

Low life modes, where you have to be carefull about dying.

Stopwatch game modes, say one team sets a time in attacking and the other team got to beat that time.

Some unbalancing game modes, say forcing team A to have double the amount of players than team B on a given map. So a small team with big advantages over the other team must try to win against a bigger majority, making it balanced in the end. (say 1 team got the geographic advantage or a weapon advantage). Like a partisan map attacking some bunker complex or whatever.

I've played Ro for some time now, and personally gimmicks like new weapons or tanks don't bother me that much. A new experience in how the game is played and some variation i would love.

Upvote 0
1)At least one new player models for Axis and Soviet.All soldiers looks like the same is unrealistic.

2)Sd.Kfz 233 or 234 for German , BA-10 for Soviet Union.(for large map transportation, artillery observation )

3)64 slot server.(some of the map is big enough to handle 64 players or more)

4)3d voices (yes again and again !3d voices! 3d voices !3d voices !)

There are quite a lot of new vehicles under making by the community but the progress is quite slow, I hope tripwire could give more support to those mod teams.(3D vehicle interior must be the most difficult part!)

I hope that the community of RO will keep growing making it a much more popluar WWII fps in the near future.

:D

Upvote 0
Infantry improvements I'd like to see implemented are

- Add a climbing feature similar to COD2/4, Vietcong Series, BIA: HH.

- Being able to see your own body when looking down.

- Collision Detection on weapons, no more rifles sticking out through walls.

- Adding a rim or half-circle above the screen to represent you wearing your helmut on (hardly any FPS games out there feature it).

- More variations on uniforms for both sides (some camo skins would be nice!).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I said infantry improvements, since more tanks != better game. It means there are more tanks, each of which is only slightly different from one another. They don't mean that gameplay is more diverse or interesting with each addition.

Another Panzer IV variant won't bring me back to playing more. Being able to fire your rifle as you ride that PIV, or a truck, or a halftrack--now that's adding gameplay. Mantling = very very good. Expanding the new bash effect from the next patch to tanks, bullet wounds = very good.

Upvote 0
I'd like to have some German tank with 88mm L/71 cannon, preferably Jagdpanther. Working PaK 40 or some version of 88mm FlaK would be nice also. And there can never be too many good maps.

RO has it's share of all kinds of problems but I'm not going to even start since fixing most of them would propably require new engine or at least such large scale changes that it would be a whole new game after them.

Upvote 0