• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-PariserPlatzIII-beta1

Well I manages to catch a few rounds of it on 50 players and I must say it looks stunning. My biggest gripe is that from my experience it seems too hard for the Allies to win, it was pretty tedious going back and forth to the Brandenburg gate, I really wished the Russians would break through and we'd actually have a tough time defending the last objectives.

Please for the sake of historical accuracy, reduce the German reinforcements or do something to make it easier for the Allies... I'd imagine, at this time, most of Berlins defense had already been crushed in the battle for the Reichstag.

Upvote 0
yes, i noticed its extremelly hard for the allies to cap the gate.
i will let the germans spawn in further, give the allies more tanks, and make lesser fausts available.
everytime i played it, the allies lost their tanks in stupid ways by not being carefull. and without tank support, capping the gate is nearly impossible.

Upvote 0
i was just on a full 50 player server, and its all about the tanks.

in the first round i was an allied tanker, so i supported the infantry with my MG and HE shells. i ignored the german tanks as they were rapidly taken care of by allied sappers and fausts once they got to close.
this way we capped the gate after 10 minutes only by completely suppressing any german counter attack with a rain of HE shells. once we had the gate it went fast, the infantry made a quick progress because our tanks were suppressing the enemy infantry. and 5 minutes later we had won the first round!

the second round i went on axis as a volkssturm riflemen, and there the allied tanker that took my place was less cautious with his tank. and they lost all their tanks before capping the gate. so our task was alot less difficult, it was a hard fight. and many times they secured the gate, but we were able to retake it before it was capped. and the fights in those side buildings of the gate can get really dirty. but we held them for 30 minutes.

the 3rd round i went back to allies as a tanker, but my co-tankers were not cautious and i only was able to offer a limited support to the infantry, and the german tanker was pretty agile with his panther. so we lost all tanks before capping the gate. so i went to infantry riflemen, and at the 20th minute we were able to take the gate and we pushed them back rapidly to their last objective. but we were unable to cap it in time, mainly due to the lack of tank support.

i admit it is hard for the allies, but on the other side if they use good tactics it is actually easy for them to win. because the germans can't do much about a tank that is supporting its infantry 60 meters behind its own infantry.
and the germans should get pak guns in the next version, so the infantry has some long range anti-tank abilities. so i can give the allies 10 instead of 8 tanks

Upvote 0
Finally got to play this map yesterday on the "Semper Fi" 50 player server. Absolutely stunning!!!!!! The "visuals" and "details" are incredible, blew me away!!!!! Had a heck of lot of fun with it as well regardless of the role or side I chose to play, very, very nice job SchutzeSepp!!!!

Oneshot's post got me curious so i jumped in the map on the TWB server.
The first thing i noticed was the "Zombiebug". It's still there.
A lot of people where complaining about that. Might be the serversettings but
it made me drop the custom uniforms in my map.

I searched for the mentioned details but beside of the trees in the Tiergarten
area i couldn't find them. The gimmick is the Branderburger Tor. I understand
people love to fight underneath that thing cause it looks great.

Once we passed that Tor that thing we see a constant repeat of that arched
buildings without any details or texture variety and no possibility to get to any
vertical position. A missed chance i think.

I have no info on gameplay.

Upvote 0
the zombie bug comes from a probable error on the server side.

about the interior of the platz, when you look at the actual platz and how it was, the architecture was repetitive and boring, and the first floors were to high to be accessible. so that would give a closed arena style map and it would feel fake. i messed with reality to make it more "interesting".

and i didn't want to make to much upper levels accessible, i wanted a 30 minute map, not a 60+ minute map. and i have to admit, indoor mapping is not what i am best at.

Upvote 0
Having just played 2 rounds as Axis Machine-Gunner on a full 50 player server, I must say this map certainly has that "epic" feel to it. Both sides had waves of men rushing around, tracers flying everywhere, tanks firing, etc...

As many people say, the Brandeburg gate is very hard to cap, and so is the final objective: we had 10-15 guys in the 3 floor building just poring fire into the russians and they could barely retaliate.

There were a couple bugs, like some axis spawning outside the map, and the zombie bug, but everything was pretty cool.

Good work. (I raked up 127 points in 2 rounds.

Upvote 0
i was there with you as the german commander, those were really fantastic matches. lots of teamwork, intelligent tanking. it does seeom hard hard to cap the gate, but as proven on the TWB full 50 server it is possible with some teamwork and good coop between infantry and tanks. as they managed to cap the gate every round.

i think i will place a wreck on the last objective so they can hide behind it.

Upvote 0
We had quite a few playing this on our Latest Greatest server last night and while I like the map quite a bit, after they captured the gate, half the Axis kept spawning outside the map more than inside so the Allies marched through the next caps in very quick order. Hopefully you'll get that fixed pretty quick as this is a fun map.

Upvote 0
Been playing it some more and instead of adding wreckage at the last capzone I think you should just extend it to the big crater which is good cover but seems to be just a few feet outside the capzone.

Also for cosmetic reasons I think you should make it so that you can't get over or even see much of what's behind the debris here:
Shot00161.png

and here:
Shot00162.png

Because it's pretty ugly behind there...

Also the dead bodies on stretchers react like wood:
Shot00168.png

Upvote 0
I think it is a great map that captures that feel of desperation as the axis. I saw it go both ways last night so it is looking good.
Some suggestions I would make is that on the arches ringing the area just inside the gate create some rooms behind those that way germans can hide a bit from tanks.
The other suggestions is that the german tank should spawn near the infantry like in a cratered building or something too many times I saw the russians capture the german Tank spawn. plus the Germans would then be able to use the tank to move up to the corner behind it. this would give a more realistic type feel. Looking good otherwise.

Upvote 0
I have had the chance to play several hours of this over the last days. Stunning looking map. Having spent a month's holiday in Berlin and walking this route I think you've done a good job. Dark, desperate and gritty. Nice!

Gameplay wise it needs some work, I think. Tanks can rule the day. One round both sides' tanks just stayed back, sweeping the open ground with MG fire and pouring HE shells into the sides of the buildings, where infantry are always moving or hiding under the arches. The tankers got ridiculous amounts of points and it was no fun being infantry. I saw a tank only once and was killed by them many times!

Once the Russians are through the Gate, I really think there needs to be more cover in the huge open cobblestoned area. There must have been wrecks, rubble, sandbags, strongpoints, lightposts, benches, trash cans or something. Due to the lack of cover and concealment, most infantry just stick to the side walls and often it degenerates into a nade spamming contest there. It also suffers a bit from lack of variety along the walls.

Playing Germans on one server there was a terrible bug, spawning at their last position, very often one would spawn inside a building with no way out but suicide, or falling through the map. This was happening to everyone often and I'm amazed I seem to be the first mentioning it here.

Upvote 0