• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-PariserPlatzIII-beta1

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
this is the latest build of pariserplatz!

Shot at 2007-08-03

download here: http://files.filefront.com//;8224343;;/
changelog:
-everything behind the gate has been rebuild from scratch, inspired by 1945 pictures and maps. not 100% accurate! small consessions have been done for gameplay and esthetic reasons!
-greatly optimised, added many antiportals, deleted unneccesary textures
-terrain contains 2x less triangles, allows better fps
-objectives have to be capped in certain order
-replaced "last defense pockets" objective by "unter die linden allee" objective
-improved german unit description, still need to improve allied one
-artillery wont be able to fall inside the gate, and near spawnpoints anymore
-germans will occasionally get a tiger, untill i can add pak40 guns to the map.
-more spawnpoints for 50 player servers
-volkssturm units
-ss units with camo
-more fausts laying around, but they are limited in respawn numbers
-germans have more reinforcements, but the last objective will be harder to hold!
-tanks are limited
-added more trees to the fields in front of the gate, as it was in real life.

this is still a beta version, i have no idea how balanced or unbalanced this version will be. to reflect the desperate turn out of this battle there are many "no exit" defense pockets behind the gate, where you have to fight untill dead because there is no way out.

as soon as the AHZ pak guns are available i intend to add them to my map, aswell as the pakwagen.

if you find any bugs or have suggestions, fell free to comment!

Shot at 2007-08-03

Shot at 2007-08-03

Shot at 2007-08-03

Last edited:
Downloaded and tried it on singleplayer today. The map is even more visually pleasing than the previous and the new layout of Unter den Linden is stunning espicially the adding of the trees is nice. As I have only tried on single player there was not much resistance or help from the bots but I have a suspicion that the last objective "Unter den Linden Allee" will be very hard for the Sovjets to capture - the new layout of the last lefthand corner provides for excellent firepositions for the germans!

Looking great so far!:)

Upvote 0
Looks Great
But the last capzones are to small
(pariserplatz and unterdielindenallee)
and u should remove the trees, it looks like a forrest and there wasnt a forrest 1945

006bax2.jpg

Upvote 0
What I saw seemed like quite an improvement over the previous versions, with the layout of the Platz taking on a more historically proper appearance and the terrain not being a series of mounds. I like that a lot of arches in the buildings make it such that the infantry now have places to hide other than massive mounds of terrain. I would, however, use the Danzig alternative texture for those parts on the interiors of the arched areas, which is more of a brownish, dirty appearance. The current texture is a bit too "clean," if you will. Just one of the first things that struck me.

Didn't get to play it much, but will try to get the chance to do so.

Upvote 0