• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta2

I for one like the long drives. It means that when you destroy a tank you won't have to face him again after 30 seconds. It also means you have to be more careful and try not to get yourself killed by driving in the middle of a group of enemy tanks like some sort of rambo tanker. All this leads to more realistic tank battles.

Upvote 0
that's right, when time of driving is short everybody all the time risk without any cover and if he get killed he'll be at the same place for moment. Here is just almost like tank simulator, you must be more careful like in real, when I see some teammate I'm always following him, this give me much more chances to survive.

Upvote 0
Well, the comment to advance a spawn was meant to keep the time about the same to getting into battle. The current way means the side that has advanced the farthest must travel the farthest (and hence much longer time) to get into battle and the side that has the closest enemy objectives have a considerably shorter drive (and much shorter time) to get there. That is all that was meant, and the village seemed like a good 'hinge' to base that upon. :) Not suggesting moving the spawn up to the village, just a bit closer from the far rear.

Upvote 0
Well, in RO russians are always first with their T34, in any map (Arad, Orel). And on Debrecen there is already soviet spawn a bit farther from village than german. But not so much beacuse IS2 in turn will be too late at objective. The only way would be to make seperate respawn for IS2 (a bit closer) and for T34 but I think it's a impossible in RO. Anyway it's a quite a bit fine for me, that advantage of first arrive at objective doesn't give so much, germans are winning often anyway.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about adding possibility to respawn at secound spawn when for example axis lose one of middle capzone (West field,Farm) but they have one of soviet capzone (North field). Beacuse currently if germans have all capzones captured except for 1 allies flag and if they lose for example Farm they respawn then at first spawn. So it's a bit unfair beacuse in situation like this is better to capture middle flag than one of north field. What do you think?

Upvote 0
Keystone;

Finally got to play your new map today for 3 or 4 hours on the RGN 50 man server and must say it is a really cool tank map! Well done!! Beta 2 still has a Axis half track available, but not sure just where? Played mostly on the Allied side and saw the half track a couple times near the village.
Action was hot and heavy at the village most of the time understanding the need to hold the village to gain the closet spawn area which was critical. I agree with Moe that more structures in the village would add armored street fighting and be a nice change of pace to the overall open country fighting. Thanks for a fun new armor map, greatly appreciated by us "TRACK HEADS"!

Upvote 0
Played the Beta 2 today. Germans won both times in about 20-30 minutes.

Decent tank map. Enjoyed the long ranges it provides, but in all honesty I did not enjoy the long drive time for the initial engamement. If you could shorten it a bit, I think it would help. I saw your post as to why, so as always it's your decision. Just my opinion.

I did notice in the German spawns the tanks were bouncing when they spawned.

Good job on the map!

Upvote 0
The single resupply in Village in the beta2 is a good idea....I like it.
This way, it's a centered objective for both sides to focus on, and a decent starting-point to flank towards the West or East, both for offensive and defensive purposes.

One other thing I noticed, is that smoke-grenades can play a decisive role in holding an objective.
Especially the small forests, where you can create a smokescreen to camouflage units hiding between the trees.
I like the fact that ordinary tank-crews cary smoke-nades on this one, in contrast to other tank-maps, where only commanders, artillery-officers, or squad-leaders get them.
Nice twist!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I added it also to tank crews beacuse in war every tank had some smoke shells, also many tanks had smoke granade launcher on the top of tank. In RO there aren't any smoke shells and launcher so I added smoke granades to all tank crewmans and player can give to yourself smoke cover and easily reverse then.. if they don't have so much chances with enemy. Also it's useful when you are in close range from enemy (in for example Village) and you can throw smoke granade to his tank and you can easily flank him then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have played this for quite a while now since Beta 2 release. I feel this is pretty balanced as it is just now. Axis or Allies can win. I have experienced twice now having a Teamkiller satchelling everything in the spawn however. I don't think I have yet found the need to use a satchel on this map. Nor have i ever had an enemy tank get close enough to me that it has a chance to use a satchel.

One thing I found during play is that it can be incredibly hard to keep onto all three objectives along the middle of the map, which enables the advancing spawn. For example even with 7 of the 9 objectives captured, I got killed and had to go back to the very first spawn, as we only held two of the middle capzones. It is a long drive back into the battle, but I cant really think of the best way to reposition the spawn points as the enemy team need a chance to win the map as well, even when the odds are really against them.

I quite like the suggestion about making the village slightly bigger as well. Two or three extra buildings maybe.

Well done Keystone. Excellent map for a mad tanker fan like me.

Upvote 0
I have played this for quite a while now since Beta 2 release. I feel this is pretty balanced as it is just now. Axis or Allies can win. I have experienced twice now having a Teamkiller satchelling everything in the spawn however. I don't think I have yet found the need to use a satchel on this map. Nor have i ever had an enemy tank get close enough to me that it has a chance to use a satchel.

One thing I found during play is that it can be incredibly hard to keep onto all three objectives along the middle of the map, which enables the advancing spawn. For example even with 7 of the 9 objectives captured, I got killed and had to go back to the very first spawn, as we only held two of the middle capzones. It is a long drive back into the battle, but I cant really think of the best way to reposition the spawn points as the enemy team need a chance to win the map as well, even when the odds are really against them.

I quite like the suggestion about making the village slightly bigger as well. Two or three extra buildings maybe.

Well done Keystone. Excellent map for a mad tanker fan like me.

Well, it must be a little bit difficult to keep those 3 middle capzones captured. Enemy then will have some chance to retake it. However I would say it's a quite a bit easy, especially at West field. To defend West field often need only 1 and not necessarily heavy tank. It just need to hide on that hill in the forest, from there you are very hard to spot then, also all area from that hill is observable. I many time defended West field from that place and destroyed for example 3-4 tanks by StuG. But you right that isn't fine when you must respawn at first spawn when you lose only 1 middle capzone and you have already 1 of northfield captured (if you in axis). And I already mentioned it earlier so I'll change that will be respawning at second spawn not at first.

About adding buildings I'm not sure I'll do something. I just wanted to put some small and very indigent village like it were often in eastern front. Although maybe I add something, I'll think about it.

Upvote 0
How about a water-tower, that is accessible (ladders/stairs)?
All units carry binoculars, so...and it's inevitable, that on some point tankcrews will be on foot, once they lost their tank and survived.

And since it's a rural, forested area, you could also add the lookouts that hunters use (in Holland, we call it a "hoogzit", ie. a "high-sitter"...sorry, don't know the English word)...maybe on the edge of a forest, overlooking fields.
If you're also considering to add artillery, then this would be spots to place a radio (with the radio on the ground, NOT in the lookouts!).

Upvote 0