• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

I **** at landing, it's an area I need to improve. It's funny it is like the more time I have to make an approach the more I **** it up, but when I half heartedly swing around sharply towards a runway and make an attempt I pull it off lol.

Take offs not a problem though, even with heavy loads from carriers. I have had the joy of like seven restarts in a row though because the people I was cooping with could not take off of a carrier, couldn't understand you have to ride the inital drop rather than pull up right away :mad:

Upvote 0
heh, my stategy for most early to mid-war fighters is to get down to about 800 metres, bring my speed down to around 230 km/h (with the help of flaps), bring it down to 210 when I get closer to the runway (and lower the landing gear), then I cut the throttle, aim for the end of the runway and slowly pull up as I get closer to the ground. I usually bounce once or twice but this method lets me land relatively safely.

Upvote 0
Gee, only till April then I get those carrier takeoff's too. No fair.

Getting better at cannon to engine shots in my FW. Makes people go kablooey. They never stood a chance *wipes tear away from eye*

About tailgunners being super accurate, if you go fast enough, they won't hit you. Go fast enough 1Km below the bomber ahead of the ventral gunner's fireing range, pull up and give that bomber a burst of MK108. Terribly effective in a K-4 KanonenBoot with Mk108's. Those things are DEVASTATING! It's really rewarding if you head on a bomber with this Kanonenboot and you kill the guys through the glass. Also, a two seater's big weakness is it's underside. I don't know how many times I've gotten an Il-2 or BF110 by divieing below it and rakeing the engiens.

Upvote 0
Ja, in singleplayer it alos pisses people off after being shot down by some idiot after they got their hard earned points.

Single players is pretty boring. I find myself using the time compression ALOT.

The missions are quite mundane as well.

"Hello Squadron. Today we will be destryoing a bridge. Good luck." Joy, a bridge.

Lotsa noobs too.

Difference between noobs and good players:
-Good players don't mind if you shoot them down. They will laugh and make jokes of it. Later they will secretly analyze the videos they made of their dogfights for the mistakes they made. Noobs will curse you out and resort to stupid things.
-Noobs vulch and kill you while you are landing.
-Noobs will get angry if you don't let them have altitude.
-Noobs will gang up on you and accuse you of killing them unfairly and then vulch you continously.
-If pushed far enough, noobs will try to join your side and repeatedly tk you (usually by ramming you or shooting you with a bomber's gunners.
-Good players will peck at your tail.
-Good players know what you will do next.
-Good players fight at high altitudes, noobs at low altitudes.
-Noobs fly the Ki-84.
-Noobs call other people noobs.

That's all for now.

Upvote 0
Well I could care less about landing lights. I shoot em down lights or not. I esspecially hate assholes who light up in the middle of a fight and high tail it.I'd understand if we had the same amount of skill and we were at a brutal stalemate for at least 10 minutes and we both wanna quit and we just stop. That happens usually when the planes are evenly matched, and usually can tell if the two opposing planes fly in opposite directions and don't give any hints as to wether they might turn around and continue the fight. Back to lights. If you think lights will save you, don't expect much. the best thing in my view is that if you are on a guys six (even when he has lights on and gear down) you can keep shooting at him even if lands and touches ground but if you pass you MUST break off and comeing around again would be vulching. Comeing around for another pass when he's off the ground is quite okay.

Upvote 0
Everyone plays online. Singleplayer is boring.

Funny, everybody keeps saying the 109 stalls easily. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I have never stalled in a 109 except if I didn't pull out form a zoom climb. The 190 on the otehr hand was a ***** to control before I fixed my stick. No now planes stalls for me at the price of lower turning quality on planes that turn better than the FW, but I never fly well turning planes anyway. Turning wars were never my thing.

Upvote 0