• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

Thanks for the imput on the map, there were a couple of things brought up that I hadn't thought of, and some others that I had. I'll look at the cover in the map and see if it could be made to look more natural. Is this map getting played at all, what I am really interested in how the game play is. Are people getting the map redirected properly from servers?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the imput on the map, there were a couple of things brought up that I hadn't thought of, and some others that I had. I'll look at the cover in the map and see if it could be made to look more natural. Is this map getting played at all, what I am really interested in how the game play is. Are people getting the map redirected properly from servers?

It plays fine, its in our rotation.... the redirects are working fine.... the windows and doors in the Inn are too narrow. We need more types of weapons. (hint STG) Also, there two spots where you get stuck on the sand bags... both in the German spawn area. One in the barn and the other behind the building to the right of the barn.

This is a lovely map and when its final should be killer.

Upvote 0
I'll look at adding the stg in, I was initially afraid it would unbalance the map, but I could give it a try. I'm probably going to redo all the sand bag formations based on the feedback/bugs associated with them, so that will take care of those issues. Regarding window heights and widths, I intentionally made the dormers in the inn have a limited view of fire, and most of the resting places should be pretty close, I did a couple of run throughs to try and get them alligned. If there are any really bad spots where it seems very natural to deploy or rest but is just impossible, post em. Editing the buildings is a little tricky as they are mesh and only changing the shape of a window is tough, but I'll see what I can do. I also seem to have lost some of the original max files, gotta try to find my backup:eek:

Thanks for suggestions, any more related balance stuff, post it. Will an stg unbalnance the map? Is it balanced to start with? Will removing some of the sand bag formations leave the map with too little cover?

Upvote 0
Will an stg unbalnance the map? Is it balanced to start with? Will removing some of the sand bag formations leave the map with too little cover?

No... as it stands now the Germans are at a decided disadvantage. The STG will at least give a decent autofire weapon to the Germans. There is no way to fire the MG from the hip as the Russain MG does.

I really like this map. But I hate dying alot!! hahahahhaha:)

Upvote 0
Will removing some of the sand bag formations leave the map with too little cover?
That might be, but since you are very good at making custom models I'm sure you'll have no trouble adding some extra cover with more natural elements. Maybe some extra bushes (no real cover but at least a bit concealment) ? Some small height differences make wonders for providing cover.
Maybe the area could use some roads which are lower then the surrounding fields => more natural cover too ?

Upvote 0
I haven't seen the map yet on a server more than half full and currently its on only one empty server. Are people still getting bugs from the download, not liking the gameplay, what? I want to have a final update but I have no idea what needs work other than some small bugs and perhaps some more weapons. Thought it would have caught on a least a little more than it has so far.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen the map yet on a server more than half full and currently its on only one empty server. Are people still getting bugs from the download, not liking the gameplay, what? I want to have a final update but I have no idea what needs work other than some small bugs and perhaps some more weapons. Thought it would have caught on a least a little more than it has so far.

It downloads fine now.... and 98% of the map is dandy. Yes, more Weaps and a few minor fixes and it should be ready to go.

Upvote 0
Maps runs great so does the gameplay and balance.

My only nit pick is to get the map to "feel" a bit more like an occupied town that has had fighting take place recently buy including more general debis from that fighting, If of course that was your aim?

And to have the sandbag emplacements look like they serve a purpose as at the moment that just seem to be there for no particular reason.
Having them filled with ammo boxes or as AA emplacements etc would add a touch more realism to the town.

But that's just my opinion.;)

Upvote 0
Ok imo the map is visually superb and runs ok on my system (could always be better but far from as bad as some maps).

Gameplay wise I really don't know (I must underline I have only played it once on a full server) but it seems like the maps ends in a stalemate on the objective closest to the allied spawn. From then the allies get shot as soon as they come over the small crest covering their spawn but the germans still seem to be unable to cap the last objective (meaning enough allies get trough to be able to cover that objective).

When I played it the objective closest to the allied spawn was the ONLY objective the allies managed to cap while the germans got the rest of the objectives.

On a side note doesn't the axis cammo look awfully alot like the modern Swedish M90 cammo? I don't know and you are probably correct that the axis had a cammo like this but the tought just struck me as I was playing the map.
s_faltjacka90_packningsplan.jpg

Upvote 0
One reason the servers running the map are only half-full: the download is quite big! A lot of people out there are not that enthusiastic about new maps like we, posting here. So I saw a lot of people disconnecting from our formerly full server when this map got loaded. Although we run a fast redirect! Shame on those guys who are not willing to wait a few minutes...
Nevertheless, keep up the great work. It will just take a bit more time for players to realize that this map is worth the download!

Upvote 0
Ok imo the map is visually superb and runs ok on my system (could always be better but far from as bad as some maps).

Gameplay wise I really don't know (I must underline I have only played it once on a full server) but it seems like the maps ends in a stalemate on the objective closest to the allied spawn. From then the allies get shot as soon as they come over the small crest covering their spawn but the germans still seem to be unable to cap the last objective (meaning enough allies get trough to be able to cover that objective).

When I played it the objective closest to the allied spawn was the ONLY objective the allies managed to cap while the germans got the rest of the objectives.

On a side note doesn't the axis cammo look awfully alot like the modern Swedish M90 cammo? I don't know and you are probably correct that the axis had a cammo like this but the tought just struck me as I was playing the map.

I'll look at the last objective for the germans, I expected it might play a little strangely. The camo is supposed to be a type 1 camo smock, which doesn't really match the model, but I figured it was close enough.

One reason the servers running the map are only half-full: the download is quite big! A lot of people out there are not that enthusiastic about new maps like we, posting here. So I saw a lot of people disconnecting from our formerly full server when this map got loaded. Although we run a fast redirect! Shame on those guys who are not willing to wait a few minutes...
Nevertheless, keep up the great work. It will just take a bit more time for players to realize that this map is worth the download!

For the next versions I am going to try to cut the package sizes down a bit so that the large download doesn't scare people away.

Upvote 0