• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry to say this, but....

Stick around soilder, deserters will be shot !:D Seriously, I too get fustrated at times but my love of the game generally wins over. It usually always happens when I'm on a public server too but hey. it's the internet. Anyways, may I suggest checking out the squad/clan topic. You may be able to find places there to play with likeminded people that suite your style of play.

Good Luck:)

Upvote 0
Well, while I don't agree that the game is dying, I do think that the more heavily populated times are shifted. Whereas a month ago, I could come on at 10AM and have trouble getting a spot in some of my favourite servers, now, I have trouble finding people to play with.

Of course, that's likely caused directly because of the school year.

So I'd say if you think the game is dying, try it in the evening.

Upvote 0
On average, I would say the numbers are slowly going up....

I know this may sound obvious, but what are your filter settings in the RO Browser? I swear there are still tons of players out there that have some sort of BOT phobia...the fact that a BOT may exist on the map is reprehensible and therefore should be avoided at all costs as it may ruin your day, week or even entire year. People, the BOTS fade away as more players join the server! :)

Upvote 0
I bought the game recently and have been totally addicted for weeks!
Have completely given up on Halo, etc.

Would never have even known about the game, if not for Half-Life 2. And even then, I delayed buying RO becuase I was waiting for HL Episiode 1 to come out.

RO is a great game – Even thought it's been available for a while, I just don't think the word has really gotten out yet.

Upvote 0
..this game is dying!
From day to day fewer ppl on the servers and if the trend to "tank-only" servers continue i will leave too. I played this game from day one when it was released as a mod for UT2003 and i always liked it for the intense combat experience, especially as a grunt. I never liked the big tank maps and avoided these maps but from day to day it gets harder for me find a server where ppl playing inf-only every time i join a server after a few round ppl vote for arad, orel or some other tank map.

At any time, I see 3-4 Infantry Only servers that are almost full.

Upvote 0
On average, I would say the numbers are slowly going up....

I know this may sound obvious, but what are your filter settings in the RO Browser? I swear there are still tons of players out there that have some sort of BOT phobia...the fact that a BOT may exist on the map is reprehensible and therefore should be avoided at all costs as it may ruin your day, week or even entire year. People, the BOTS fade away as more players join the server! :)

EXACTLY!!! :mad::D

Upvote 0
the devs have looked after infantry very well in my opinion, and somehow you guys have turned this into tank- bashing and arad bashing again??..... and straight after a new gun update???. when i have to play on two servers on the OPPOSITE side of the earth to get a tank game??????..

maybe us tankers should just save you some time and go find another game now........
they haven't even started fixing the tank systems yet and we're losing players every day too... SORRY ZERO SYMPATHY.

Upvote 0
Well generally the numbers have been solid on The Wild Bunch server suggesting that the game itself has consolidated its player base.
I personally cant see any downturn at all in the immediate future but rather an increase as the Russians and other East European countries come online.

Although I must admit that there is a tendancy for RO players not to join Clans on the whole which is rather strange considering this game is a real team game?

Upvote 0
The game seems pretty dead from a North American point of view. When I get online past 11pm eastern time, I get less than 10 servers and only 2 or 3 are full.

Baloney!!!!!

There are 4 time zones in the USA and Canada .... there is always a large number of servers running in the USA and Canada.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
..this game is dying!
From day to day fewer ppl on the servers and if the trend to "tank-only" servers continue i will leave too. I played this game from day one when it was released as a mod for UT2003 and i always liked it for the intense combat experience, especially as a grunt. I never liked the big tank maps and avoided these maps but from day to day it gets harder for me find a server where ppl playing inf-only every time i join a server after a few round ppl vote for arad, orel or some other tank map.
i am sorry to hear this:( i love tank maps i only got the game to play tank battles. i have seen lots of servers full with infantry maps so its not dying:confused: i am sorry you think this

Upvote 0
RO is NOT going to die! RO has everything it takes to become a longdistance runner. Some games just have what it takes to survive - RO will be around for a long time, just like MoHAA! ...but, Arad is still a pretty annoying map! :)
what i find annoying is the lack of panthers on maps theres only 2 or 2 tigers:confused: i like to see late war maps with 4 panthers aleast

Upvote 0