• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry to say this, but....

BadKarma

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 29, 2006
Frankfurt/ Germany
..this game is dying!
From day to day fewer ppl on the servers and if the trend to "tank-only" servers continue i will leave too. I played this game from day one when it was released as a mod for UT2003 and i always liked it for the intense combat experience, especially as a grunt. I never liked the big tank maps and avoided these maps but from day to day it gets harder for me find a server where ppl playing inf-only every time i join a server after a few round ppl vote for arad, orel or some other tank map.

Sorry you feel that way...

...but the game remains entertaining for a lot of us.

There are infantry only servers you know.

No one is forcing you to play tank maps.

icongoodluck1dv.gif

Upvote 0
Thats funny i got the impression its going stronger than ever well in europe at least, and bout more severs playing tank maps rubbish i say infantry seems to be the most popular atm. OH btw people have being saying this game is dying since near the start its hasnt died yet:rolleyes: so draw your own conclusions. Also Keep in mind mate it hasnt even been released in some places like russia for example.

Upvote 0
Think you're overreacting a bit. Go in server browser now and list the servers by map. There will be loads playing an infantry map. I play on a server nearly every day that is probably 7/10 infantry only or more. It has no map vote so its not Arad, odessa, basovka, arad....

Its in UK though so you might not get a good ping (its the splat server btw)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
..this game is dying!
From day to day fewer ppl on the servers and if the trend to "tank-only" servers continue i will leave too. I played this game from day one when it was released as a mod for UT2003 and i always liked it for the intense combat experience, especially as a grunt. I never liked the big tank maps and avoided these maps but from day to day it gets harder for me find a server where ppl playing inf-only every time i join a server after a few round ppl vote for arad, orel or some other tank map.

Kinda sorta like.... If I can't have my way, I'll pick up my marbles and leave.

We are playing Combined Arms, Infantry Only and BIG Tank maps and having a great time. :)

Pity you ain't there.:(

You could be though, just login to the RGN Server and discover variety.:p

ps; This game is growing in leaps and bounds!!

Upvote 0
Thats funny i got the impression its going stronger than ever well in europe at least, and bout more severs playing tank maps rubbish i say infantry seems to be the most popular atm. OH btw people have being saying this game is dying since near the start its hasnt died yet:rolleyes: so draw your own conclusions. Also Keep in mind mate it hasnt even been released in some places like russia for example.
Yeah same here. I was worried at first that the game had too few players from the beginning, and expected it to go down from there, just like most games. RO did the opposite: because of it's delayed release to Europe, it is taking off waaay after it released initially. I'm pleased to see more servers than ever before, especially in reflection of the sparse server pickings from RO: CA!

Upvote 0
..this game is dying!

One word and one word only can be replied to that :
Lies!

Upvote 0
i cant see it dying as im doing my share of bringing new players to
the game :)
Ive been trying to get more Simjunkies members to buy the game
and many have, and almost without exception they love it..
(now about my share of the profit TW?.. :D)
Arrr im having lil trouble getting peeps to the server though,
we have some regulars that really love it and i guess it starts
running better when theres more of our members spending time
with the game.. hmm well my point was that it aint dying, you just
need to spend a moment in finding a good server where like minded ppl
gather.. ive seen it happen that Arad gets voted 6 times in a row lol..
Im gonna keep every decent custom map on the server and voting on,
and like last time when they went arad, arad i forced them to play another
map. and i will do so. arrrr long post with lil to say but felt like typing..
GG all :p

Upvote 0
Oh contrary !

I love tanks and its not always easy to get on a server that does a normal tank map rotation, there are more infantry than armor maps out there anyway.

I also have been playing RO since the first edition, look where we are now, loads of players, loads of servers, the game has only got better, in every way.

What are you going to do anyway, play Day of Defeat, Operation Flashpoint, Raganok !!!

I bought a Playstation last Christmas, I watch me bloody DVDs on it...

Now if you really do not want to play, try your hand at map building, believe you me you will not get bored, frustrated maybe but not bored.

Do not throw in the towel, you will only get left behind.

Upvote 0