• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Cat's out of the bag (mines)

I say the more the merrier.. all kinds of great realistic weapons should become part of RO.

considering that land mines would be unrealistic, I wouldn't want them. Now if we got the small magnetic mines I might want to see them. But they would have to be implemented very carefully in my opinion so we don't have people taking advantage of them.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Yeah, ok, its a Tellermine. On the to-do list. Quite a way down it for now.

word.jpg

Upvote 0
You guys don't understand. True, mines were not hastily laid down in the middle of combat, but Tellermines are different.

Tellermines were one of the prime weapons used by German tank hunters, along with grenade bundles and magnetic mines. You can find plenty of pictures illustrating its use, and that film someone put up in the Tactics thread called "This is how you take out Russian tanks!" demonstrates real life use of a Tellermine in a training video.

What many people don't understand is that a Tellermine does not have to be fitted with a contact fuze only, you can also set it on a burning fuze which gives a time delay. Early on in Barbarossa, one of the best ways the Germans found to take out the new T-34 and KV-1 tanks (which were giving them a hard time against their PAK guns) was to place a Tellermine under the turret overhang at the rear. There are many pictures of turrets with the rear blown off from such an attack.

So, I applaud the devs finally trying to implement the Tellermine, it is one of the weapons I have been requesting for a long time. Hopefully this means they will also consider the RPG-43 for the Russians (wink wink).

PS: I wasn't aware that the model for the M44 was already done since mod 2.0! I knew the MP41 was ready, but had no idea the M44 only needed coding.

Upvote 0
well I'll be, how are you going to put them into the game? Have a class for them, or make them a part of the sappers who can choose between satchels and mines? How many do they get?

I think it'd be most logical for it to be given to engineers/sappers.

You guys don't understand. True, mines were not hastily laid down in the middle of combat, but Tellermines are different.

I think most people were thinking of the BF42 'drop-green-plate-on-ground' mines. Like say, Tomcat_ha:

Be carefull with how you implement the mines. We dont want people running around dropping mines.

A question: Weren't tellermines put right on the tank itself?

Upvote 0
Jack said:
PS: I wasn't aware that the model for the M44 was already done since mod 2.0! I knew the MP41 was ready, but had no idea the M44 only needed coding.

Not that simple.. the M44 was not fully animated, no bayonet anims for one, and it used 2.0 anims, which where pretty simplistic compared to 3.3 and RO:O anims, there where no third person model, and no pickup model, so it was certainly not "Done" by any means.

Here it is, and a couple other unfinished 2.0 models:

M44.jpg

M1914.jpg

PPSHs.jpg

Nevermind the rust on the M44, thats my work, i made a little mod so you could use the 2.0 weapons in UT2004, and decided that such old weapons in such modern settings deserved rusty skins ;)

Upvote 0