• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra distribution in Europe!

hi all..im from the uk n im sick of waitin now for ro...like it has been said b4 half of the uk shops dont even know the game exsits. From what ive seen in trailers the game looks very good n i will pay what eva it costs to get it..but one problem..its not out yet in the uk still!!! its doin me head in. if anyone has any info on anything to do with the release date in uk plz let me know cheers:)

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Still no joy from the effing UK distributors. Think I'm going to give up and just get Amazon.co.uk to carry it! But I really wanted to be able to go into Game in my home town and see it on the shelves...
I guess you will, but it might just take a bit longer than expected. But you'll do it !!! You got da Powa !!! I for one, believe in you, whatever thats worth :)

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Still no joy from the effing UK distributors. Think I'm going to give up and just get Amazon.co.uk to carry it! But I really wanted to be able to go into Game in my home town and see it on the shelves...

Go for Amazon without hesitation. But at the same time, get a few copies out to Local UK media for review. Full install and review. I'm willing to bet that'll motivate those game title distributors. This is an excellent game, well written and very well supported. Once these facts are known, the rest will be easy.

Upvote 0
Mike_Nomad said:
Go for Amazon without hesitation. But at the same time, get a few copies out to Local UK media for review. Full install and review. I'm willing to bet that'll motivate those game title distributors. This is an excellent game, well written and very well supported. Once these facts are known, the rest will be easy.
The game has already been reviewed in PC Gamer and PC Zone - more to come!

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
The game has already been reviewed in PC Gamer and PC Zone - more to come!

I am aware of those reviews but we must keep the game in the public's eye. I know of well over 250 potential sales alone in Western Europe and these people would gladly carpool to the UK or import from the UK. While 250 sales may not sound like much but please remember, its only representative of what I am actually aware of.

I can only imagine if that's what I am aware of, just how many sales are really out there for Tripwire's Red Orchestra. The numbers have to be quite impressive. Some kind of action must be taken to get this BOXED product into the hands of European Consumers. Credit/Debit Cards are not as easy to come by as they are in the States.

What about a few strategically placed Tripwire District Offices? To not only represent but also distribute the product? Even if only on a temporary basis to gain market penetration?

Upvote 0
Strategically placed Tripwire offices?? I assume you have some idea of what that would cost :)

The boxed version is shipping to stores in Scandinavia NOW. It will ship in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxemburg early June. It will ship through Russia, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Baltic Republics and other "ex-Soviet" regions in June.

By mid-June, the only countries in Europe that won't have it in stores are UK, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Italy. Italy and Spain are under negotiation. The others are just being a pain...

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Strategically placed Tripwire offices?? I assume you have some idea of what that would cost :)

The boxed version is shipping to stores in Scandinavia NOW. It will ship in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxemburg early June. It will ship through Russia, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Baltic Republics and other "ex-Soviet" regions in June.

By mid-June, the only countries in Europe that won't have it in stores are UK, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Italy. Italy and Spain are under negotiation. The others are just being a pain...

What stores ..?

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
I have a very good idea of the cost... co-location would eliminate a large portion of the cost.

The boxed version is shipping to stores in Scandinavia NOW. It will ship in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxembourg early June. It will ship through Russia, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Baltic Republics and other "ex-Soviet" regions in June.

Not to be pain, but the names of the outlets would help immensely. The people I know and of course, legions of those I am unfamiliar with, who are waiting will need that information to be able to quickly go purchase RO.

The pain areas need to be somehow addressed.. by either mail order made easy or, registration key online sales and passworded downloads by region. Once the product gets into circulation in the UK and other resistive regions by alternate means, the goofy distribution resistance will disappear. Most of the folks I know are in the Netherlands, France and the UK. This is very sad.

I am shocked that certain distribution channels are blocked for some stupid reason. That must be overcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:

Another problem is that the Countries that now are a pain as you say . Is that in 9 times out of 10 the retail version of the other regions usually spreads all over within days of release if there is a need for it legaly or not.

Often this is huge problem for game releases wich are well promoted and have high expectations. This problem wouldn`t exist for EA or SONY , because if they dont do their best someone else certainly will. You better have the game out day1

But since no one has taken the task of distribute the game in the Uk there is no legal agreement broken Is there ? If for exampel a greek or polish distributor take his chances on the UK market
they have no competition so they should be able to make a profit,

The meak Dont inherit ****.

Upvote 0