• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
Does anyone know if or when the HUD options whii be added? They were really good in RO:Ost and I'd love to play the game in hardcore mode without brightly coloured names and messages telling me that I can take cover or jump over something.
And why not be able to disable all HUD when in spectator mode? I really don't want peoples rants and server messages in my otherwise perfect screenshots.

Reactions: GRIZZLY
Upvote 0
Native voice options :p

Yes. Thank you TWI for finally acknowledging these issues. I appreciate it greatly.

I voted for Limb Deactivation. It would eliminate the need to touch the bandaging mechanic. On that note, I would say that getting shot in the arm should make you drop your weapon.

And then, realism mode (speed/sway/fatigue). Also, making the MG more applicable and the hero weapons less prevalent on the battlefield. I don't know why assault has Mkb and AVT-40.

But one of the hugest issues that I didn't see on the poll... suppression effect. The suppression effect is just kind of weird. Black and white and blurry eyes. If a shot comes near you, it should knock your camera around. Oh, and BULLET CRACKS! :D

Not to sound demanding, thank you guys for the great listening ears on the forums. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, consistency.

Long range is campy and need to be sped up, and be more proactive. (as in people need to go for objectives, instead of sitting back taking pot shots). For gameplay reasons at least its too difficult to spot someone at range trying to kill you, and too easy to kill someone once you know where he is. It results in a lack of firefights, and just people dropping dead seemingly randomly. There is no satisfaction if your enemies drop down without a fight. The effect of zoom here is that in real life while it is harder to focus on an image you can atleast see things in the same size, in the game you have both motion aswell as headbob the exact things that make it hard to focus in real life but on top of that when you move everythings is 4 times harder to spot this gives attackers an even worse disadvantage than the big disadvatage they already have in real life.

Short range the action is too rambo, you can nearly instantaneous go to inronsight and fire, even right after sprinting. Together with this you zoom in when you go into ironsight this makes it hard to cover an indoor area while in ironsight as your fov is pretty low, its more advantageous to run around and just hit the ironsight key after you've spotted someone. This together with the at times shabby bandaging and damaging system makes it that even if the defender gets the first shot off the attacker can usually get his shots off as well. This makes indoor fighting less based on careful room clearing and tactics but rather purely run and gun.

So its not unconsistent to say that the game is both too campy and too run and gun. Its just that its too campy in long range and too run and gun in close quarters combat.

So currently the short range scares away realism fans because its too run and gun, and the long range scares away the arcade fans because its too campy. It would be better if for instance arcade mode would be more run and gun both short and long range and realism would be campy both short and long range. Its this lack of consistency that makes the current game at least in my opinion not appeal to any particular group.

For me ideally I like a mixture between campy and arcade for both short and long range, but I do want consistency in it. So making long range a tad less campy than it is now and short range a bit more campy and less run and gun. So that long and short range becomes equally enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grobut
Upvote 0
And I gave everybody a chance to air their grievances at my Festivus Pole/Poll :)

I would like to thank everybody for their participation in the poll and the discussion that has gone along with it. And I hope you've had an enjoyable holiday period (as I spent mine with my family in Arizona). I'll be flying back this weekend and as always my goal will be to bring you a better game.

Upvote 0
Keep on rocking TWI. This year can be good for RO2.

And I'm going to say it, **** the detachable bayonet lobby. Seriously, it never has made a difference and doesn't now. Spam F on your own time, and stop trying to convince the devs to spend precious man hours on useless animations.

That said, peace and love and cheers and happy gaming :)

Upvote 0