• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Wielder

RuneHarle

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
On Steam: VelvetHarle
{Description}
Spoiler!

Coded to work with Marco's ServerPerks​

Spoiler!

Icons
Spoiler!

All related coding question about this class have been redirected to here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=988597#post988597

Please leave suggestions regarding this class in this thread.

---Updates---
Spoiler!

---Versions---
Spoiler!

Change log
Spoiler!

The class still needs work but I believe that it is different enough from the other classes that it would be a helpful addition.

Again, the majority of the credit goes to the coders of this board. I am just trying to find middle ground for everyone. :)

Last edited:
So it's its own perk? I wondered about a "perk extension" for a bit where you would get bonuses for using ONLY one kind of weapon - say only rifles or only pistols (barring 9mm of course). I'll look into this over break, sounds like you spend alot of work on it!

Thank you for your time and yes because of my bad coding I've spent ALOT of time on this.

Thank you both for taking the time to look over my post. I hope that you see what my vision was or at least agree with me that the whining for a pistol specific class needs to end and that this might fix it. >.<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well to be honest I think you did the right thing. By getting the ball rolling you might interest the right people to pick it up and run with it.

I was excited by Sammer's Medi shotgun idea but was disappointed that no one in the modding community wanted to pick up the idea.

So I learnt what I needed to do and made it myself. Keep at it. :)

Upvote 0
I would gladly turn it into its own mutator myself but I don't know how to do some essential things like define a place for the crawler kill count to save and the dual weapons to save, as you can see from the first post I've done the rest of the formulas, for the most part. It's the other things I dont know how to do, and the tutorials here have helped alittle but they haven't really instilled any knowledge of how to make it into a fully functional mutator yet- Simply because they focused on very simple mutators, I am very grateful for them-, I guess I can continue to try and post it as I go. Accepting help ideas even someone taking it on as their own project :p

Code modified ->OP edited to show new code and possible icon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Colorblind Eh? Well, i like the icon, especially how you didn't go with cliche crossed pistols :D I've been studying unreal code in my spare time (which is negligible to tell the truth) but i don't really know enough to make this a reality myself yet :(

I appreciate any contributions ^.^. Like I said, I'll continue to tweak it until I can get someone with more experience to help me cause I know I'm probably gonna need about 4-5 files and this is just the first >.<

-----EDIT--
Stumbled across some things that are helping and have begun coding everything I can figure out Q.Q

Last edited:
Reactions: sheaownsaford
Upvote 0
I'ev always had the same thought on a Gunslinger idea and think "no way" as I get asked so much to have one made for my custom server. You obviously have thought of it quite a bit and im impressed with how you are trying to get others to to see what you have and it's worked on me :p

To be honest I think you should create this and test it as much as you can to work on Marco's ServerPerks. Balance it as much as you can and remember to try keep it unique as that is the main keys when it comes to perks (Balance + difference from other perks). If you would like some help i'd be glad to be of assistance as i've made a few perks myself for my custom server and they're loved. Some perks i've made and have had problems balancing previously:

Upvote 0
I'ev always had the same thought on a Gunslinger idea and think "no way" as I get asked so much to have one made for my custom server. You obviously have thought of it quite a bit and im impressed with how you are trying to get others to to see what you have and it's worked on me :p

I really appreciate this coming from you FluX, I actually use one of the threads where you were asking for information in coding ^.^;

To be honest I think you should create this and test it as much as you can to work on Marco's ServerPerks. Balance it as much as you can and remember to try keep it unique as that is the main keys when it comes to perks (Balance + difference from other perks). If you would like some help i'd be glad to be of assistance as i've made a few perks myself for my custom server and they're loved. Some perks i've made and have had problems balancing previously:

Working on it as we speak

If you really want i'll implement it into my custom server and we can go from there. I know my community and most of the public who join my server have asked about this sort of perk.

Like Gartley said keep it up, you're doing good :)

I would love the help, Please contact me thryough my steam ID in my siggy.

I support making a gunslinger class, when this is released and you need someone to test-- count me in! :cool:

Surprisingly I think I'll be done with an alpha in the next few weeks >.< much love at marcos server perks <3

Having a bit of trouble finding the 'PickUp' name for the "DualRevolver" tried the name from the animations and it didn't recognize it, also tried Dual44. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright... same error for an hour now and I'm not finding a problem, assistance please
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sign me up for the Beta ( i think we can say you're in alpha now right :p )
And you're using crawler kills for level up? And or weapon damage? Just wondering how progression is going to work :)
Well I'm trying to make people stop complaining about commando being the only one who has a kill count zed. So I'm making it crawler kills and damage from dual weapons.

Upvote 0