• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To the TWI staff: thanks for the gungame fun yesterday.

Nevermind whether it's a good experiment or not. Instead, the president of a company is playing around with making a mod/mutator for one of the company's games in his spare time. I mean, I find that just bloody marvellous regardless of what the end result is. Talk about being passionate about the company and its games.

Upvote 0
aaah yes this is what im talking about. What a great community topic again.

my 2 cents :

Who cares if they add it. Only an optional gameplay mode, so what. It wont affect the core play...since that has been released for 2 years +. Get those COD players in here, idd like nothing more then to kick their weak ***.

KF is a very friendly moddable game as we seen from all the community mods. And Hunter...to be honest...your KF Troopers mod...is kinda the same only they are bots...and not human players. (not an attack, you know I love your mods)

Like the mods beeing released...this gameplay is as much optional. You dont have to play it... So why not add it to the game.

I say do it TWI, it will only prolong KF's allready too long lifespan for such a cheap (as in money) game.

Upvote 0
Nevermind whether it's a good experiment or not. Instead, the president of a company is playing around with making a mod/mutator for one of the company's games in his spare time. I mean, I find that just bloody marvellous regardless of what the end result is. Talk about being passionate about the company and its games.

I can't this this enough. :IS2:

it will only prolong KF's allready too long lifespan

It almost sounds as if you mean this as a bad thing.

Upvote 0

I like that!

As an adult i am myself creative, childlish, qurious and playful.

It is better to have a mind of exploration than of being stagnant.

I will be beating my own grandchildren in PC-games, when the time comes! Hahaha!

Games, music, movies, etc. are all forms of entertainment and age have nothing to do with it!

I commend Ramm-Jaeger for his playful and productive mind!

Upvote 0
I can't this this enough. :IS2:

It almost sounds as if you mean this as a bad thing.

Oh, no no...I meant that in a positive way offcourse. I rather have a KF2 offcourse, but expanding the original can never be a bad thing.

I believe one of the devs once said that they couldnt support the game like they wanted to, because it took allot of time... 2 years later and we have so many fine updates to the game, I find it hard to complain. For its price you get allot of content, and its prob one of the best buys on steam. Good stuff.

Upvote 0
Its pretty humorous that some people can find conspiracy theories in everything :) "Ooh the devs didn't release information last night about the Mystery Image. It MUST have something to do with a forum post that some people made about gun game!" ROFL, ha ha ha, etc etc :)

I'll offer you an alternate theory - we got really busy yesterday and decided to wait until today to put out more info about the Mystery Image. At the end of my long work day I hopped on the forums and found this thread and started posting in it. That is the depths of the conspiracy :)

With Gun Game it all boils down to this, if its fun play it, if its not don't. No need to slag people that will like it or not. Sure I (and others) could just go play CSS, but frankly I've never been a fan of CS/CSS weapon handling. That is part of the reason I made this, because I liked the Gun Game mod, but hated CS weapon/functionality (no ironsights, 1990's era weapon handlin, etc). Also KF has a much broader variety of weaponry up to and including some pretty silly/interesting stuff. So it makes for a mod that is based off of something else, but has its own fun and charm.

Upvote 0
And Hunter...to be honest...your KF Troopers mod...is kinda the same only they are bots...and not human players. (not an attack, you know I love your mods)

Well are they considering making the troopers mod official?

I think people are missing what I'm saying, its not about the gamemode, I don't care, it could be throwing darts at sunflowers for all I care.

Its this decision to make it official or not.

It belongs as a mod that is released in the modding section of the forums where you can choose to download it or not.

Killing Floor is not Counter Strike, It is not Call Of Duty and its not Red Orchestra, If I wanted to play those kind of games, i'd load them up and play them. I bought Killing Floor because it is a horror game, that was the selling point, If they add this mode as part of the package, it defeats the point.

And I'll be honest, I dont think Ramms reasoning is justified. It comes across that it is more of a personal thing than a business thing.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter for jack what I think, or anyone else really, Ramms the prezidentay, he'll do what he thinks is right, and so far, its making this official.

Upvote 0
And I bought it so I can blow up things to red pulp. And if this mode is added, some people might buy it because of the vs mode. People buy it for their own reasons. (like having a game because its coop)

Does it matter if something is official or not? You are still a sane person that can ignore that gamemode. Horde mode is usually added to a game long after release, and with KF its the other way arround. Which I find amusing and a good stab at all those big titles. :p

Making something official or not makes no difference to Killing Floor, specially this mod. Its just a simple gamemode that you can prob filter out in your serverlist. It wont loose its intergrity(specially after all this time), cous it has allready established itself on the market as a zombie survival game.

Reactions: HuNteR-
Upvote 0

I think people are missing what I'm saying, its not about the gamemode, I don't care, it could be throwing darts at sunflowers for all I care.

It belongs as a mod that is released in the modding section of the forums where you can choose to download it or not.

Killing Floor is not Counter Strike, It is not Call Of Duty and its not Red Orchestra, If I wanted to play those kind of games, i'd load them up and play them. I bought Killing Floor because it is a horror game, that was the selling point, If they add this mode as part of the package, it defeats the point.

And I'll be honest, I dont think Ramms reasoning is justified. It comes across that it is more of a personal thing than a business thing.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter for jack what I think, or anyone else really, Ramms the prezidentay, he'll do what he thinks is right, and so far, its making this official.

You come across as just sounding mad that he would get something added to retail that he made and you're pretty much saying "Oh it's just gonna be added to retail because it's the President of TWI, when other people have made better stuff that isn't added to the Official content of killing floor."

Upvote 0
As a show of good faith towards the TWI team and more so Ramm.

I publically apologise for being a stick in the mud towards this topic.

I have nothing but respect for Ramm and TWI for the ongoing support Killing Floor has received. The support is like nothing I have ever seen before.

The sad thing here is that, I have failed to remember that there is a bigger picture. And that bigger picture is that we are getting a Christmas Update with entirely new content, which is just amazing.

So to sum it up, again I offer my apologies TWI and Ramm in particular,

But most of all

Thank you.

Reactions: badastle
Upvote 0
Sure I (and others) could just go play CSS, but frankly I've never been a fan of CS/CSS weapon handling. That is part of the reason I made this, because I liked the Gun Game mod, but hated CS weapon/functionality (no ironsights, 1990's era weapon handlin, etc).

The weapon handling is probably the main reason why I purchased Killing Floor. Never really been that interested in zombie shooters. And when I play Left 4 Dead it just annoys me I don't have an ironsights, especially when I pick up all these weapons with scopes and stuff on them.

I don't care how it's packaged, I just want to play the mod, and I'm sure all the people I know with Killing Floor but hardly play it would love a quick bash on this mod. Even if it was just for one evening.

EDIT: Reading other posts, I see your point. Personally I believe if TWI got behind this mode officially then it would be a separate download, like Darkest Hour for RO. It wouldn't make sense to package as one game, but I could see it driving sales for KF which can't be a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: acutedeath
Upvote 0
The weapon handling is probably the main reason why I purchased Killing Floor. Never really been that interested in zombie shooters. And when I play Left 4 Dead it just annoys me I don't have an ironsights, especially when I pick up all these weapons with scopes and stuff on them.
I thoroughly agree. I hardly touch Valve games anymore now that I've experienced the realistic-feeling weapons in KF and RO.

Upvote 0
What he said! KF will never be competitive game, mark my words. Even if TWI make this mode official, the veteran KF players will stop playing and the CoD/CS kids will vanish after a while because this isn't exactly CoD or CS.

Oh hi, slippery slope fallacy.

I have nothing but respect for Ramm and TWI for the ongoing support Killing Floor has received. The support is like nothing I have ever seen before.

The sad thing here is that, I have failed to remember that there is a bigger picture. And that bigger picture is that we are getting a Christmas Update with entirely new content, which is just amazing.

So to sum it up, again I offer my apologies TWI and Ramm in particular,

But most of all

Thank you.

A reasonable person on the internet?
xfSev.gif

Upvote 0
While it's certainly always a pleasure to see KF love in any form I have to say I wouldn't want to see this become an official addition to the game I wouldn't however care too much if it did either. Every content update for KF is like a miniature Xmas for me. Sure as a mod it looks like it could be a bit of fun for an hour or two but it's not really KF so a tiny extra mutator when setting up a server would be enough.

That said....

Here let me pitch you a new gamemode. (keeping in with this theme, but putting that "KILLING FLOOR" twist on it.)

Survival Gun Game: Literally just spawn zed after zed with no break to see how long you survive, for every minute(or length of time depending on difficulty) that goes by, your weapon changes to the next tier, the game ends when you have cycled through every weapon.

I'd buy that for a dollar! Or, well you know, a pound. But knowing the TWI guys they will force their free stuff upon me, those monsters!

Last edited:
Reactions: zarathustra
Upvote 0

you sir deserve a thums up

Upvote 0

well if thats the case i really hope hes just ignored all of your narrow minded posts

Upvote 0