• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My View: "I'm an RO:Mod Vet / RO1 Vet" and How to Tame Things a Bit:

Tripwire messed up slightly, it's that simple.

I don't think I've seen a single-poll where the outcome has been a positive result for the devs or their game. It's been close in some cases, but even a 50/50% split between satisfied and dissatisfied customers is unacceptable.

Sure, the forum members make up only a percentage of the entire RO2 crowd - but I know many non-members who will not play the game anymore.

Sad really, we've all been looking forward to this game and whether you love it or not, it's not good to see so many people unhappy with it.

I'm a bit bored of people starting threads ranting and raving about what people should do, think or say, though.

Pint of beer anyone? It'll make the game better, I promise.

Upvote 0
every time someone says that RO2's player count decline is natural and consistent with other games online, I'm guessing.

It's nothing suprising considering how some people can't take actually being bad at the game. Trust me, most of the ragers are the people who crawled into a position where only top of their helmet could be seen in RO:Ost and proceeded to kill people without them having a chance to retaliate.

Now that they can't abuse their gamey tactics due to PENETRATION OF COVER and 1:1 un-zoom ability, they suck at the game and now they're crying. I've never seen a game with this many haters. It's like they're dedicated to bring down the level of posts in the community - sadly they're being successful. This is why we need moderation and bans. This forum is tiresome to read.

TL;DR you suck at the game, stop crying. Lot of us are enjoying it atm, there's no need to bring your hate to the forums.

WE HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE, YOUR CRYING WILL NOT HELP, IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR EVERYONE. Why is it so hard to understand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The latter, i.e. sincere about the large post - poor choice of quoting on my part, apologies :) heh

No worries:D, I actually deleted that post after I saw the +1 on my post which I figured must have been yours, and I guess I'll say again (since this part got deleted too) that the way you described your feelings for the game pretty much covers mine as well.

Upvote 0
It's nothing suprising considering how some people can't take actually being bad at the game. Trust me, most of the ragers are the people who crawled into a position where only top of their helmet could be seen in RO:Ost and proceeded to kill people without them having a chance to retaliate.

Now that they can't abuse their gamey tactics due to PENETRATION OF COVER and 1:1 un-zoom ability, they suck at the game and now they're crying. I've never seen a game with this many haters. It's like they're dedicated to bring down the level of posts in the community - sadly they're being successful. This is why we need moderation and bans. This forum is tiresome to read.

TL;DR you suck at the game, stop crying. Lot of us are enjoying it atm, there's no need to bring your hate to the forums.

WE HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE, YOUR CRYING WILL NOT HELP, IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR EVERYONE. Why is it so hard to understand?

Tell us how you really feel

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
Tell us how you really feel

I just did. There are way too many people just spewing hate and **** without anything to contribute here. Game AT THE MOMENT is great. After tweaks by TWI and modders I am sure it's the best FPS on the market.

I don't understand the people with the need to cry and complain and moan CONSTANTLY and killing all kinds of not-whining related discussion on these forums and THIS is why we need moderation.

Upvote 0
I just did. There are way too many people just spewing hate and **** without anything to contribute here. Game AT THE MOMENT is great. After tweaks by TWI and modders I am sure it's the best FPS on the market.

I don't understand the people with the need to cry and complain and moan CONSTANTLY and killing all kinds of not-whining related discussion on these forums and THIS is why we need moderation.

Listen pal, just because people have reason to moan it doesn't necessarily follow that they suck at the game.

I do quite well for myself in RO2, but It's not exactly the game I was hoping it to be after playing RO for 7 years. You putting complaints down to people being poor in-game is laughable and you've made yourself look like an arrogant fool, congrats on that.

Upvote 0
Listen pal, just because people have reason to moan it doesn't necessarily follow that they suck at the game.

I do quite well for myself in RO2, but It's not exactly the game I was hoping it to be after playing RO for 7 years. You putting complaints down to people being poor in-game is laughable and you've made yourself look like an arrogant fool, congrats on that.

Listen pal, you took that totally out of context. No matter if the whiners suck or not, they could still stop whining. I didn't put the complaints down to people being poor in-game.

Read the post you quoted again. That's what I feel.

Upvote 0
Listen pal, you took that totally out of context. No matter if the whiners suck or not, they could still stop whining. I didn't put the complaints down to people being poor in-game.

"
Originally Posted by Poerisija

"

Uhh huh.

Contradictory, condescending, AND ignorant. You'd be surprised how damned good many of the old 'ost farts' really are, we've had about 5 years practicing shooting rifles with earth quake levels of sway, you think there is any difficulty in playing the equivalent of a super solider? Pfff, I'm in the top 3 every round unless I really and screwing around.

Grow up or get out, after all in your own words "YOUR CRYING WILL NOT HELP, IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR EVERYONE. Why is it so hard to understand?"

Please put some thought into your tactics before attacking other forum members or groups in general and try to make yourself look like somewhat LESS of a tool

I am seeing a lot more of this "hate" from new people who think that anyone with criticisms is a "hater".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire messed up slightly, it's that simple.

I don't think I've seen a single-poll where the outcome has been a positive result for the devs or their game. It's been close in some cases, but even a 50/50% split between satisfied and dissatisfied customers is unacceptable.

Which is kind of why I created this topic in the first place... that 50/50 doesn't tell the devs anything on which direction they should go to resolving the issue in question..... thus each side "Should" try and reach some middle ground.... test out that middle ground to see if it works decently for everyone, and if not, then go from there to see what else can be done to improve it.

If I remember correctly, this was something that was done in the mod when people were complaining about the excessive grenade spamming on some maps. Eventually load outs were reduced and the power of the grenades was also reduced a bit.

Sure, the forum members make up only a percentage of the entire RO2 crowd - but I know many non-members who will not play the game anymore.

And back to the 50/50 argument, I know many people who don't go into the forms often or at all, who do enjoy the game as it is and just play.

Sad really, we've all been looking forward to this game and whether you love it or not, it's not good to see so many people unhappy with it.

True.

I'm a bit bored of people starting threads ranting and raving about what people should do, think or say, though.

Well I wasn't ranting or raving, nor am I trying to tell people what to do or not do, as I clearly stated this multiple times in my first post. I was posting my personal observations and suggesting o those interested in trying to "find ways or suggestions to try and get people who are interested into being more constructive with one another, even when it's an idea you really don't like."

If one is not interested, then by all means, move on.... nobody's forcing anybody to do anything, at least I'm not.

Pint of beer anyone? It'll make the game better, I promise.

I'm more of a green smoker myself :cool:

Just to reflect on that, his post is very much similar to how others tell players to "Leave the forums" "go back to CoD" etc.... there are people from both strong points of the argument who should rather focus on how to meet halfway on a topic, rather than just flaming one another.

That is, unless those people simply don't want solutions and would rather just rage on.

imo of course.

It's nothing suprising considering how some people can't take actually being bad at the game.

Uhh huh.

Contradictory, condescending, AND ignorant. You'd be surprised how damned good many of the old 'ost farts' really are, we've had about 5 years practicing shooting rifles with earth quake levels of sway, you think there is any difficulty in playing the equivalent of a super solider? Pfff, I'm in the top 3 every round unless I really and screwing around.

Grow up or get out, after all in your own words "YOUR CRYING WILL NOT HELP, IT WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE FOR EVERYONE. Why is it so hard to understand?"

Please put some thought into your tactics before attacking other forum members or groups in general and try to make yourself look like somewhat LESS of a tool

I am seeing a lot more of this "hate" from new people who think that anyone with criticisms is a "hater".

I rest my case on those two extremes I mentioned earlier..... but playing the devil's advocate, he did state "Some" and his post was directed at those "Some" people who fit his description..... he didn't say everybody.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sir, you say that "the game at the moment is great" and that "you dont understand the people with the need to cry and complain".
That's nice of you sir. Apparently there still seem to be people that cannot even run the game. Also, for many people, the game seems to be much different than they thought it would be. AND advertised by TWI.

Now personally I don't hate the game, it's okay, but far off what I thought it would be and far off of how great it could have been (maybe still become).

If you say that the game in the moment is great for you, I respect your opinion, but I also expect you to respect other opinions than your own. I agree with you that some criticism is bad, but MOST BY FAR is very very well argued and supported by long descriptions of what went/is wrong.

Upvote 0
If you don't like something it's because you are bad at it!!!!

Explain my 3.75 k/d in Black Ops (not to mention I actually go for the objectives and never play TDM) .... and believe you me I HATE that game.
Serious question, why do you play it then if you hate it so much:confused:, surely you'd be better of playing something you enjoy, whether or not that's RO2

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
"
Originally Posted by Poerisija
It's nothing suprising considering how some people can't take actually being bad at the game.Trust me, most of the ragers are the people who crawled into a position where only top of their helmet could be seen in RO:Ost and proceeded to kill people without them having a chance to retaliate.

"

Uhh huh.

I'll make it more obvious.

You didn't, you read my previous post. And took a single statement out of context from it.

There are way too many people just spewing hate and **** without anything to contribute here.

THAT is my main point which you refuse to see while getting stuck with something irrelevant I said earlier. Also old farts being good - comment had nothing to do with the point you're stuck on - I meant that some of these "old farts" grew fond of RO's gimmick mechanics and unrealistic tactics you could pull off, like the aforementioned top-of-helmet clipping.

I'm not saying RO2 is without problems, but I'm saying some of you could shut the **** up, there's nothing here but whining. No constructive feedback, no ideas on how to fix it but the constant "BUT RO1 WAS SO MUCH BETTER IN EVERY WAY BAWWW" and it's getting really ****ing tiresome, really.

Edit: sometimes it almost feells that I'm happy because RO2 is the way it is, if only because it means the refund-screamers aren't playing it. Doesnt work though, cos they ARE playing it despite what they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0

Do you really want me to go search some of your posts and take sentences out of context from them and then quote those sentences?

Really mature, exactly what this community has always been so proud of.

Edit: and someone dislikes my post because baww mommy he is not being nice to me after I said bad things about about him

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you really want me to go search some of your posts and take sentences out of context from them and then quote those sentences?

Really mature, exactly what this community has always been so proud of.

Edit: and someone dislikes my post because baww mommy he is not being nice to me after I said bad things about about him

I was quoting the only part of your posts that i believed could be accurate, but yeah granted i'm being lazy in doing so.
I'll reiterate in my own words for you.
Either you genuinely have no understand what it is that people have been objecting to, which considering the belligerent tone you use, looks foolish.
Or you are deliberately creating an absurd false argument in a pointless effort to shame or otherwise dissuade people from objecting in the future, an argument so blunt and unsophisticated it looks childish.

That's me typing the words this time round, just to make you happy.

Oh and i haven't 'rated' a single post of yours because they speak loudly enough for themselves.

Upvote 0
I was quoting the only part of your posts that i believed could be accurate, but yeah granted i'm being lazy in doing so.
I'll reiterate in my own words for you.
Either you genuinely have no understand what it is that people have been objecting to, which considering the belligerent tone you use, looks foolish.
Or you are deliberately creating an absurd false argument in a pointless effort to shame or otherwise dissuade people from objecting in the future, an argument so blunt and unsophisticated it looks childish.

That's me typing the words this time round, just to make you happy.

Oh and i haven't 'rated' a single post of yours because they speak loudly enough for themselves.

Which is worse?

People who constantly complain on public forums because the game isn't what they want it to be or people who complain about these people complaining because they're clogging up the forum with their useless posts?

I'll let you decide.

Also if you wonder why I sound belligerent, it's due to it being the only way to get anyone to listen around these forums since the end of summer. I know I should just stop trying because they WON'T listen anyone, but I'd like the forums we had last year back.

Reactions: Nimsky and Das Bose
Upvote 0