• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

October 6th Update Changelog

I'm with stupid I know so I ask.
Why are so many people going mad/wild on the stats ?

All over this board I read Stats this Stats that.
Am I that kind a weirdo that I don't know nor care about these Stats.
Freak.... ;)

I think they just want the reset so it counts now. It gives actual % help to gameplay, so it does matter. Not hugely, but it matters.

Upvote 0

We seem to be the minority these days :) I have no interest in stats whatsoever, and to be honest not that much interest in unlocks or levelling either.

I remember once playing WoW (which I thankfully don't do any more) - I got an achievement for activating dual talent specs. Basically, I walked up to an NPC vendor, and clicked a button or two - and seven people congratulated me on the achievement. For clicking a button. Trust me, we are NOT the weirdos - everyone else is :)

Upvote 0
patching is all well and good, but as the patch is so large rural users like myself are hindered by slow download speeds. it will be days before its finised unless i leave my gaming rig on all day, and by that time the next patch will be out...

smaller more frequent patches would be nice, or the option to play without updating (as my online experience was fine as it was).. im now going to have to move on to another game.

Upvote 0
Rural users with limited internet should find a new hobby or play offline games.

I'm very sorry to say it. I know it sucks and I wish everyone could PC game online, but its just not viable. They often have high pings and hurt not only there own exuberance, but other players as well.

Also, I recommend driving by your local community college and using their internet. Maybe a nice gaming laptop is the way to go.

Upvote 0
patching is all well and good, but as the patch is so large rural users like myself are hindered by slow download speeds. it will be days before its finised unless i leave my gaming rig on all day, and by that time the next patch will be out...

smaller more frequent patches would be nice, or the option to play without updating (as my online experience was fine as it was).. im now going to have to move on to another game.

That is kind of the sad reality of modern gaming. Luckily the bulk of the update was updated assets, which hopefully isn't going to be happening again anytime soon.

May I suggest trying your hand at "Old School" gaming while you wait? Revisit classic DOS games with DOS box, assuming you have any to play.

Upvote 0
I'm with stupid I know so I ask.
Why are so many people going mad/wild on the stats ?

All over this board I read Stats this Stats that.

It's not so much the stats, as the weapon unlocks tied to those stats. People want standard issue things like belts for the MG 34, drum mags for the ppsh, bayonets for every rifle unlocked since "that's how the game should have been released" which is why far more people are miffed about the stats beyond people who care about their kill death ratios.

Glad to see the cancel reload with melee / weapon switch has been added! There goes 50% of my deaths :)

All I can say is, I hope the double XP isn't just for the weekend, I'm away :( Got 90 hours in game and I'd like to unlock a drum mag and some bayonets before the stat saving goes back to 1x.

Thank god they are reseting the stats. I hate seeing those dual mags around on MP 40 and MG34....

Give it 2 weeks and they'll be back...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaltehook
Upvote 0