• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too many SMG's and Semi-auto?

Too many SMG's and Semi-auto?

• Yes, it's a problem

Votes: 294 54.3%
  • No, it's realistic, STFU

Votes: 141 26.1%
  • Too many SMG's, Semi are fine.

Votes: 67 12.4%
  • Too many semis, SMG's are fine.

Votes: 39 7.2%

• Total voters
I feel like this on random pubby servers, but when you start playing with good and skilled players, SMG slots are ALWAYS open. On top of that I notice Elite Rifleman take semi-auto's too. When I play with skilled players I find it difficult to use an SMG because people know the limits of their class. They do seem to have extremely good accuracy though, it seems too easy to get a 60-80m shot with an SMG because you can spray 2-3 round bursts over and over, and any server or client lag with a bolt action, you just don't have time to get off more than a shot or two before they get to cover or out of view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too bad the loudest whiners get what they want. Because that change sucks.

Dont play realism if it bothers you that much, there are plenty of relaxed realism because apparently using a rifle in a game is way too complicated for you There are still plenty of smgs/semis either way. Since the picture I put seems to be of the loadouts only when ther sever is only half full. When the server gets full the more smg/semi become available.

You can exclude me from that group. RO2 is much better game. While I agree that RO1 vets should be offered "RO1 mode" I don't think it should be shoved down everybodys throats.

How is it even shoved down everyone's throats? The changes all of us wanted were only for realism mode. Atleast read the thread. Also the majority of ro2 players come from ro1...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is it even shoved down everyone's throats? The changes all of us wanted were only for realism mode. Atleast read the thread.

TBH, I don't like the idea of core RO players being a second rate group, with Standard being for everyone who never even liked RO in the first place.

Standard should be Ostfront style RO, then Realism mode for stuff like no death messages, then a RO Light mode for everyone else

Reactions: aop and Grobut
Upvote 0
TBH, I don't like the idea of core RO players being a second rate group, with Standard being for everyone who never even liked RO in the first place.

Standard should be Ostfront style RO, then Realism mode for stuff like no death messages, then a RO Light mode for everyone else

I agree but i thinks a little late for that.

Is there not an option to restrict class usage in servers?
No it depends on the map. I think realism setting play a part to now after latest update. Edit:nevermind

Last edited:
Upvote 0

How the **** do you plan on calling it realism when RO1 wasn't realistic as RO2 in the first place?

Upvote 0
Realism Ostfront mode. I'm not getting into again whats more realistic than what, but i'll just say this. Bandaging, Recon planes, no weapon shot out of hands, No crippling effect when shot in legs, rediculously easy guns, sprinting then taking a steady aim with no effort (and holding your breath), too many semis/smgs/rare weapons + rare unlocks and leveling

Blah blah, this is beating a dead horse now.

The point is its RO, so the version that closely matches what people would expect from an RO game should be Standard, not the watered down version for people who didn't like RO in the first place

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realism Ostfront mode. I'm not getting into again whats more realistic than what, but i'll just say this. Bandaging, Recon planes, no weapon shot out of hands, No crippling effect when shot in legs, rediculously easy guns, sprinting then taking a steady aim with no effort (and holding your breath).

The point is its RO, so the version that closely matches what people would expect from an RO game should be Standard, not the watered down version for people who didn't like RO in the first place
RO2's selling point should've been how different it is from your average FPS game. They should have advertised how unique the RO style is.
Instead, TWI advertised relaxed realism mode and unlocks. We already know it was a turnoff for many and it may have lost them a few sales.
Prioritising the full realism mode and steering clear of unlocks would've attracted so many new people who are sick of playing the COD-esque games that are far too common these days.

Upvote 0
I think they listen to the forums :)
rogame2011-09-0821-22-09-23.jpg

Actually they didnt change anything, the class limits change depending on how many people are in a server.

Upvote 0
Realism Ostfront mode. I'm not getting into again whats more realistic than what, but i'll just say this. Bandaging, Recon planes, no weapon shot out of hands, No crippling effect when shot in legs, rediculously easy guns, sprinting then taking a steady aim with no effort (and holding your breath), too many semis/smgs/rare weapons + rare unlocks and leveling

I agree that bandaging, shooting weapon out of hands and crippling are valid points but IRL guns are "easy" and the aim isn't steady after sprinting.

See this post about amounts of SMGs:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=849163&postcount=87

I don't like the rare unlocks either.

You are trying to make this game like RO1, hard for sake of being hard, not hard because of simulating reality. Gunplay in RO1 was harder than handling real guns IRL. Real AK-47 has less recoil than MP40 and PPSh had in RO1.

Don't forget that many ROmod veterans preferred ROmod over RO:Ost and stop acting like RO:Ost fanboys are only ones who care about this game.

Upvote 0
I agree that bandaging, shooting weapon out of hands and crippling are valid points but IRL guns are "easy" and the aim isn't steady after sprinting.

See this post about amounts of SMGs:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=849163&postcount=87http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=849163&postcount=87

I don't like the rare unlocks either.

You are trying to make this game like RO1, hard for sake of being hard, not hard because of simulating reality. Gunplay in RO1 was harder than handling real guns IRL. Real AK-47 has less recoil than MP40 and PPSh had in RO1.

Don't forget that many ROmod veterans preferred ROmod over RO:Ost and stop acting like RO:Ost fanboys are only ones who care about this game.

Really that post as an example? One post that does not say exact smg numbers at all. I can post hundreds of post stating that there was more bolt action than smgs/semis. The mosin was STANDARD issue like the kar98/garand so it would make sense to have more people equipped with it. I like how smgs are easier to use since they are irl but they should be limited like irl to account for them being a lot more useful. Sorry for double post I meant to include it in one

Upvote 0