• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait , so you are not going to launch the beta because you need to finish squashing bugs?

do you know what a beta is for?

not only would releasing it to the public make everyone happy . you would have a massive amount of people finding and reporting bugs for you to fix for the final release.

not releasing the beta as soon as possible makes zero logical sense and actually inhibits your ability to ship a better product when its done in september.

release the beta now , if we are a month from release and the game is THAT BAD that you cant release a beta you will need more than a 14 day delay

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Less than a week after release of pre-order which only incentive was the beta, is an announcement of delay. Sorry, it's a bait and switch.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree. While I do enjoy RO/DH more than any other title right now it is according to the definition, a bait and switch. The pre-release was announced and included a release date.

I do however, forgive them. I think a lot of people forget how nasty a game is when released unfinished, as such titles; Black Ops, Bad Company 2, COD:WAW...ect. ALL were released with horrible problems.

I will be playing both BF3 and RO2, and the further they push it back, the less it will get played by myself, I'm not the only one either. I'm positive that based on gameplay alone I will enjoy RO2 better, but it doesn't matter how fun a game is, if the servers aren't full because it was released along side of BF3, it won't be fun. ROOST/DH are great, but waiting for 15 minutes to get into one of the ONLY populated servers SUCKS.

Just something to consider...I'm not hating...

Upvote 0
The only reason I want the beta is to get a chance to play the game I've been looking forward to for years before I go to university in September!

However, I do understand that polishing a product that the dev team is happy with is of paramount importance. No biggy for me really, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Upvote 0
So I'm seeing a lot of people asking "why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta"? Actually it is more along the lines of "you guys know when the beta will be, just tell us!!!" We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone. What day it starts on depends on how quickly the current batch of bug fixing gets completed. In other words, if we give you a date right now and it moves, you'll just be disappointed. So we're going to wait until we're ready to announce the date. Those that ordered the DDE will get a lot of time with the game before it ships, and we'll give you a date as soon as WE have a firm date.

Thanks for the explanation. But, All due respect. You know I know and everyone in these forums know. You baited us with the whole beta thing , we trusted you and week later you still can't give us a rough estimate. You shouldn't sell something that you can't really provide. Other than sit back and saying well one day you'll get early access. We know but were not going to tell you because you'll get mad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobo
Upvote 0
Real fans wouldn't care for what impression the devs make, we just want to eat any game they release. lol

No, that's called being a blind fanboy, or a nuthugger. I guarantee you I am more of a fan of Tripwire than 90% of these boards, but I'm not about to lay down and let them give me the peanut butter. Constructive criticism and calling out flaws are the nature of the beast. Oh know I get a red bar under my name because of it, 'oh no.'

If there's something stupid happening behind the scenes, it's OUR JOB as consumers to point it out. Like another poster said in this thread. Hmm, you're pushing back the game because it's buggy... but not releasing a beta... Sorry, the logic behind this is what? If you didn't want people in a beta, you should have called it a demo. If it truly was a beta, you'd be pushing for it to be released yesterday. More people playing = more bugs reported. More bugs reported = more work for TWI. More work for TWI = polished game at release.

End of story.

Upvote 0
No, that's called being a blind fanboy, or a nuthugger. I guarantee you I am more of a fan of Tripwire than 90% of these boards, but I'm not about to lay down and let them give me the peanut butter. Constructive criticism and calling out flaws are the nature of the beast. Oh know I get a red bar under my name because of it, 'oh no.'

If there's something stupid happening behind the scenes, it's OUR JOB as consumers to point it out. Like another poster said in this thread. Hmm, you're pushing back the game because it's buggy... but not releasing a beta... Sorry, the logic behind this is what? If you didn't want people in a beta, you should have called it a demo. If it truly was a beta, you'd be pushing for it to be released yesterday. More people playing = more bugs reported. More bugs reported = more work for TWI. More work for TWI = polished game at release.

End of story.

+1 rep ;) I'll help with that red bar bud

Upvote 0
Less than a week after release of pre-order which only incentive was the beta, is an announcement of delay. Sorry, it's a bait and switch.

I also just had a long talk with my buddy about how TWI has suddenly ceased ALL communication about the game. Oooh they're 'polishing the game'. Ok, what the **** does that entail?

Why would you want to deliberatly generate this kind of backlash ?

For publicity umm explain how having to move a date back is good publicty - once again dont make sense

Think I'm still right they just didn't make a good desicion on how late to leave it before telling everyone they were behind schedual - might be naive even foolish to not let on or hope to make time back up

But what your implying is it was done maliciously, I I'm sorry but i hold with that view

umm with regards to communication while there not the greatest they do read and respond - look at the devs post since this happened

Upvote 0
I did not pre-order deluxe so I could play beta on the 30th August, I pre-ordered deluxe so I could play beta weeks before the 30th of August.

It's dishonest to push the game back, and then too push the beta back because suddenly you have made more time for yourself.

I would like to play beta now like how I intended when purchasing the deluxe version. You can patch the beta with your so-called polishing any time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolguy
Upvote 0
Why would you want to deliberatly generate this kind of backlash ?

For publicity umm explain how having to move a date back is good publicty - once again dont make sense

Think I'm still right they just didn't make a good desicion on how late to leave it before telling everyone they were behind schedual - might be naive even foolish to not let on or hope to make time back up

I have no idea what you just said.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.