• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta builds always have bugs. Hence most of the release versions have bugs. But those are mostly pretty minor things (still can be annoying). I guess that the beta version they also hand out to the press is not the version they will hand them out for the reviews. Gaming magazines know that those preview versions always feature a certain ammount of bugs and lack a bit of polishing but it is enough to write a good and fair article about how the game feels, how it plays, how it looks and if they think it is good.

As far as I know they still have not changed the plan for the beta phases. The last phase of the beta will eventually be semi closed. Which means it is not open for anyone but everyone who really ants to be in it can be a part of it. TW will probably hand out a lof of beta keys when they are close to the relase ( speculation only but I guess maybe 1 week before the release).

Beta access is for people who bought the DDE. They said they werent going to hand out keys...

Upvote 0
Developers can never win:

They release the game early with bugs and get slaughtered on the forums.

They delay the release and get slaughtered on the forums.

I guess gamers are like a wife or a girlfriend then :p

The press always has early access to a game. It has been so since the dawn of print media and video games. They are used to (for the most part) how betas work and take that into account when writing their articles.

But the final score (which is often posted post launch now thanks to the internet), is based on the launched products state.

Yeah, i forgot preview and test are two different things, but still, do they really plan to try the beta for two whole weeks? Don't they have other stuff to move on to? :confused:

Upvote 0
The biggest problem is that it was promised that we get access to the beta "a lot sooner" then the release, which was 30th august when we purchased. If the beta now is coming out only 2 days before the 30th august or so i feel betrayed because it might be a lot sooner then the new release but not a lot sooner then promised then i puchased.

Upvote 0
So I'm seeing a lot of people asking "why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta"? Actually it is more along the lines of "you guys know when the beta will be, just tell us!!!" We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone. What day it starts on depends on how quickly the current batch of bug fixing gets completed. In other words, if we give you a date right now and it moves, you'll just be disappointed. So we're going to wait until we're ready to announce the date. Those that ordered the DDE will get a lot of time with the game before it ships, and we'll give you a date as soon as WE have a firm date.

Thanks. I appreciate your kindness. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully this will also stop the stream of threads today and temper the anger of of the most players.

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0
I am bummed that it got slipped 2 weeks. Im really jones'in for a new game that doesnt suck. The real bad part in my opinion is thio sputs beta testing and release REALLY close to BF3 , which Im also looking forward to, and not to be a slag but, Im looking forward to BF3 a little bit more.

So for me that means less play in the full version once BF3 hits. And Im sure Im not the only one. At the end of the day though. a game is a game. And I didnt make this one. So they release Wait for it...wait for it...... WHEN ITS DONE!

Cheers for the updates, cant wait to try those tanks. (erm.... Hope those are in the beta BTW :\ )

Upvote 0
No love lost here, but I have to admit I didn't expect a genuine bait and switch from Tripwire.

Dont think it was a bait and switch TBH - more over optimistic guess at how many bugs would turn up and the time taken to fix.

Silly thing is would have saved many of the more angry post if they'd said they were behind point they's hoped to be by now, probaly didn't want to dispoint us, and hoped they catch up.

Blogs were a great idea and helped keep community informed maybe you could start doing the weekly post again ? Just in case it takes slightly more than the two weeks, so at least formarmed is forwarned

Reactions: Mosin
Upvote 0
Dont think it was a bait and switch TBH - more over optimistic guess at how many bugs would turn up and the time taken to fix.

Silly thing is would have saved many of the more angry post if they'd said they were behind point they's hoped to be by now, probaly didn't want to dispoint us, and hoped they catch up.

Blogs were a great idea and helped keep community informed maybe you could start doing the weekly post again ? Just in case it takes slightly more than the two weeks, so at least formarmed is forwarned

Less than a week after release of pre-order which only incentive was the beta, is an announcement of delay. Sorry, it's a bait and switch.

I also just had a long talk with my buddy about how TWI has suddenly ceased ALL communication about the game. Oooh they're 'polishing the game'. Ok, what the **** does that entail?

Upvote 0

When the majority of your consumers buy through steam, and you put up your game to be released on the 30th with all these extra deluxe additions on Steam then that date should be concrete.

What was going through TWI's mind when they just started steam pre-orders, then to all the sudden delay it?

That, like said above, is a bait and switch.

Upvote 0
I also just had a long talk with my buddy about how TWI has suddenly ceased ALL communication about the game. Oooh they're 'polishing the game'. Ok, what the **** does that entail?

I'm sure that's what 90% of the people on here tell themselves to sleep at night. That and "they're a small developer."

The fact that the game looks as fun as it does is the only reason people aren't starting to jump ship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.