• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Interview?

Now that is how to complain..Nice post Moe..
And unfortunately I do mean some of it..
Because i am simply surprised that some long standing members are making assumptions about the game and demanding answers.

Community is a word that some choose as a convenience to substitute their own views as that of the many.

The beta will give everyone a chance to try the game before its release.
And I do believe that many will be totally surpised by how good it is..Unfortunately some will not like it so the option to buy or not is there well before release..

If like me you believe that TWI have made some really good additions and made a game that will offer lots of players lots of choices on how to play it then you'll buy it in the knowledge that it will only get better after release because of TWI's support...:D

Hear Hear

Upvote 0
1. Did TWI hire a marketing consultant? It can be dangerous "catering to two sides"

2. In realism servers, will the players be able to choose any equipment they want? For example, if I wanted the smaller magazine for the PPSH, will I be able to have that instead of the drum? All you've said is that on realism servers we would have the drum, but what if I don't want it?

edit

3. Seriously? Some of you don't like the DirectTV "Truth" commercial? Boxing Kangaroos are win, guys, don't you know?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not flaming anyone. As a matter of fact it always is the same 5-6 people complaining about the same stuff. This is TWIs game, they can do what they like with it. If you do not approve of the changes and feel like it is becoming a CoD clone, then don't buy the game. I'm glad TWI is listening to the feedback from the beta-testers who actually play the game regularly and not to the raging crowd of haters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great. So all of the people who have posted their concerns in a constructive manner are "rude, ignorant, daft haters". You didn't address any of our arguments, but hey, nice try. And yes, 90% of the criticism is constructive. Had you actually bothered to read the thread you would have realized that. And no, it's not just five people.

It it really impossible to criticize TWI, to question some of their motives, without being branded a "rude ignorant hater" these days? Are people really that immature? This forum is getting worse by the day.

Upvote 0
Great. So all of the people who have posted their concerns in a constructive manner are "rude, ignorant, daft haters". You didn't address any of our arguments, but hey, nice try. And yes, 90% of the criticism is constructive. Had you actually bothered to read the thread you would have realized that. And no, it's not just five people.

It it really impossible to criticize TWI, to question some of their motives, without being branded a "rude ignorant hater" these days? Are people really that immature? This forum is getting worse by the day.

Yes thanks I have read most of the drivel..It is perefectly possible to question TWI..But from what i'm seeing if certain members continue with their own little agendas to get the game they want..I don't think they'll get much in the way of reasonable answers.

Upvote 0
Because i am simply surprised that some long standing members are making assumptions about the game and demanding answers.

no offense, but as i said in response to some of your other posts, people aren't making complete assumptions. i see steam from hot soup and i know it will be hot. i do not need to try the soup to figure this out. likewise, i see a bayonet as an unlockable item and i don't need to test out the game to know that the logic (or lack thereof) behind this decision is ridiculous. nobody is demanding answers. people would just like to get some answers, and if TW were wise, it'd be a great PR move to ease the minds of the many who are confused and concerned.

in the words of the old Radio Shack slogan, "You've got questions, we've got answers"......perhaps TW could adopt this as their slogan? :eek:

Upvote 0
Great. So all of the people who have posted their concerns in a constructive manner are "rude, ignorant, daft haters".

I don't believe anyone is trying to say that.

Much of it is rude, ignorant and plain daft..

Unfortunately, there are a lot of posts in this thread (unlike yours, which I found enjoyable by the way :) ) that just say "what I've seen in this video has convinced me that TW has sold out and abandoned their community". Or links to a blog that deliberately bashes Tripwire, it's community, and HoS - which cannot be seen as constructive in any way, shape, or form.

Now to me it sounds like Realism, not Custom, will not have bayonet unlocks and basically everything else that has people freaking out. As some are calling it, it will resemble "RO Classic Mode". If that's the case, no it will not take forever to find a server you enjoy, and no you will not have to sift through servers that are running mods and mutators that alter the basic gameplay. I think confusion and the anticipation for this game has everyone a little on edge ;)

Reactions: Forssen
Upvote 0
no offense, but as i said in response to some of your other posts, people aren't making complete assumptions. i see steam from hot soup and i know it will be hot. i do not need to try the soup to figure this out. likewise, i see a bayonet as an unlockable item and i don't need to test out the game to know that the logic (or lack thereof) behind this decision is ridiculous. nobody is demanding answers. people would just like to get some answers, and if TW were wise, it'd be a great PR move to ease the minds of the many who are confused and concerned.

in the words of the old Radio Shack slogan, "You've got questions, we've got answers"......perhaps TW could adopt this as their slogan? :eek:

Since you've the option/choice/alternative/freedom to play with them as unlocks or not depending on your preferences, I've to agree with Butch. There is nothing to whine about in the first place in regards to the bayonets or any of the unlocks.

Upvote 0
I mean this is quite hilarious the whole shebang.

It's quite ironic how folks seem to be worried about all the options and possibilities when we for once get them, and instead folks want it more mainstreamed... "oh noes" if you have to look through the server browser for more than 20 sec to find a decent server and then add it to your favorites.
qft.

Show of hands...how many of the longtime MoH, CoD, RO1 server admins are worried?
I'm not. To paraphrase Mike Nomad, "Options are a good thing."

----

We know we have 3 confirmed modes:
Relaxed Realism, Realism, Custom.
I don't have concerns, but I do have some questions regarding the implementation of the modes.

Relaxed Realism:
I assume that Relaxed Realism gives one unlocks, persistent stats, and progression (hero's etc.). Also included are the availability of all the new bells and whistles of the game and the option to select all HUD features.

Realism:
I assume that Realism does not included unlocks and progression? What about persitent stats? If so, are the stats bracketed by 'realism/relaxed realism'? I would also assume that certain bells and whistles and HUD features are not available to the player? Standard "RO1" type loadouts are in place? (bayos, etc.) No hero stuff....

Custom:
The option to mix and match any and all of Relaxed and Realism. I would assume that certain option selections nullify or turn off unlocks, persistent stats and/or progression?

----

I would also imagine that it will be easy to filter for and to tell from the server browser which servers will be running unlocks and/or persistent stats. Players get to play on servers running RO the way the player likes. And he gets to play it with others that like to play that way as well. You don't have to play with guys just grinding to 'level up' if you don't want to.

Its not rocket science and TW has done this a couple of times before. From what I've seen in the past, TW listens, weighs the suggestions and implements/adapts those that fit their vision. To date, I've enjoyed their vision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes thanks I have read most of the drivel..It is perefectly possible to question TWI..But from what i'm seeing if certain members continue with their own little agendas to get the game they want..I don't think they'll get much in the way of reasonable answers.
Isn't this what you'd call a reasonable answer?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We agree the forums have once again gotten out of hand of late, and removing and infracting off topic posts. This is to stem to tide of the exact same argument showing up in every thread.

We don't have a problem with people disliking our games. It is bound to happen. But we are targeting a larger audience this time around, and as such most of our marketing has targeted that audience.

I have instructed the mods to allow users to have civil conversation and debate, in posts on topic. Everything else is going to get cleaned up. The constant bickering, insults, flame-baiting and trolling will end here. Stay civil and on topic or you will be on vacation, perhaps a permanent one from these forums.

Keep in mind the forum rules and have a nice day. If you want to create an ill informed rant/attack take it to your own personal blog (like somebody has already shown in the forums).

Upvote 0
Since you've the option/choice/alternative/freedom to play with them as unlocks or not depending on your preferences, I've to agree with Butch. There is nothing to whine about in the first place in regards to the bayonets or any of the unlocks.

here's the thing in regards to unlockable items: from what we've been shown as of yet from the devs and media, you DON'T have the choice to use/not use every unlockable item.

example: the silenced nagant revolver

i want to run a "Realism" (or hopefully a Classic RO) server and i don't want to have this item useable on it.....apparently, there'll be no problem just disallowing this weapon. simple...i've got no problem there

however.....

example: the bayonet

the way that unlocks work is that you have to rank up to unlock.....thus, if i run a Realism (Classic RO etc...) server, and i want to let players use the bayo (an unlockable item)...because that's realistic...they'd technically still have to unlock it. from all we've seen, you cannot simply install the game, hop into a Realism/Classic server and have access to an unlockable item.....unless there's some type of way for servers to unlock weapons, it appears as though each individual player has to. could it be possible? sure, it could....but that's something only TW could answer (and they've not)

now, in regards to "whining" about the bayonet being an unlockable....well, we should have a seperate thread for this specific issue, but the one i created was prematured closed....anyway...nobody is "whining". people are stating the fact that all infantrymen were issued a bayonet. the progression system for RO2 has been described as "reflecting real life progression". if in real life, i started as a inexperienced, green doughboy, i would have a bayonet. therefore in "virtual progression", the equilivant level ("level 0" rifleman etc...), should i not start the same as i would in real life? the obvious answer is YES. this is one instance where there is no logical, even partially logical explaination as to why an item has to be unlocked. it is unrealistic. it is gamey. it is ridiculous. period.

if TW simply decided to not make the bayonet an unlock, a small, simple action like that would go a long way at winning back brownie points with those RO vets who are concerned. ;)

But we are targeting a larger audience this time around, and as such most of our marketing has targeted that audience.

at least somebody can honestly admit what many RO faithful have perceived to be the case.....i respect that. however, given the current vibe spreading throughout what i consider the community of "RO faithful", it might perhaps be a good time to start reconfirming TW's dedication to preserving the spirit of RO, which to a lot of people appears to be fading away due to huge portions of the media being marketed to the "other" crowds. thank you for you post as it's nice to hear the side of a TW representative :)

may the :IS2: be with you

Upvote 0