• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Old Glory US server

LOL about the Mannikala map, I've been in several where the Allies just get mauled, whereas last I played they actually won. Same with Kyrokova (sp?), it's usually very Axis biased, with rare Allied wins. It's a pity sometimes that the experienced players don't try to play the disadvantaged side on these type of maps, but then again, it's a pity they all haven't been tweeked for 52 player loads, too. Oh well, the enjoyment I've received from playing RO over the years FAR outweigh any complaints! TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0
at the request of my buddy TWB*Slowbull, here's a guide that can help you with getting your map load times shortened and so you don't always have to redownload content from the server:

1) Find your Redorchestra.ini file located in the steam/steamapps/common/redorchestra/system folder (hint it looks like a notpad icon with a cog)
2) Change the cache size to better match your ram size
Listed under [Engine.GameEngine].

256 Megabytes of RAM or less
CacheSizeMegs=32

512 Megabytes of RAM
CacheSizeMegs=64

768 Megabytes of RAM
CacheSizeMegs=128

1 Gigabyte of RAM or more
CacheSizeMegs=256

EDIT BY Zetsumei: NEVER make CacheSizeMegs bigger than 256mb unless you like crashes!

Fix2: Turn of PreCaching
Also in your redorchestra.ini under [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
Change UsePrecache=True to UsePrecache=False
and under [Engine.LevelInfo]
Change bNeverPrecache=false to bNeverPrecache=true
and under [Engine.NullRenderDevice]
Change UsePrecaching=True to UsePrecaching=False
and under [D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
and under [D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]
and under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
and under [PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice]

hope it helps anyone who might need it :)

Upvote 0
Thanks to -[SiN]-bswearer for these tweaks, they are of course optional. If you should ever screw up your ini, just delete it, restart the game and a new default ini will be loaded. So, if you are happy with your current ini, I suggest you copy it (not move it) to a place where you can find it again in case you need to "go back" to it. Of course to do any changes to the ini you must be out of the game, and you have to "save" the changes before you play again. Regarding loading custom maps, if you change your [Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=0 to 0 from the default 30 days, you wont have to redownload the custom maps. We hope you enjoy the occasional custom map on the Old Glory server! TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0
Still all kinds of great fun on the Old Glory server so once again thanks for keeping everything running so smoothly.

One thing I did want to mention though. The Tractor Works map that is renamed to something else, the PTRD on that map has no pistol or grenades. I suppose I could live without grenades but oh man, going about without a pistol is maddening lol. Until you get set up at a location you feel like your behemoth of a gun is just a flagpole and you the flag bearer rushing into battle as every enemy soldier uses you for target practice.

Upvote 0
We may well put Gorlitz on again for a bit, it's unoptimized in places, and often a TK hell for the Allies, but can be fun. We are trying out PariserPlatz for a while, we realize it's a large download and takes a while to learn but I think it's a great map. We have considered Kreigstadt but feel it's too large a download and has some other issues. Another map I like a lot is FestungKurland, but it's a bit difficult and takes some Allied teamwork to win, we may try it again at some point. Thanks for playing Old Glory! TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0
Hey TWB guys.. I'm curious if you will have a server setup at the release of HOES which will have all of the levelling, rare weapons and Heroes hoopla turned off.

We need a place for all of the Old Glory regulars to go to right at release, so we can play RO the way we like playing it. I think if people are left to wander the server scene they'll get stuck having to play relaxed realism more often than not; it's my prediction that relaxed realism will be the choice of the bulk population (sad and a bit pessimistic I agree, but I'd put money on it).

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0