• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Old Glory US server

any way to get Tractorworks off of that rotation? last 4 nights i've been on it the Germans can never get past that fourth (i think) capzone. it's also got really bad exploitable areas in buildings that are still spawn protected and make russians invincible.....

germans won last night. it did take a clanstack and a bombardment of the sewers entrance, but germans did win with like 2 mins left

Upvote 0
any way to get Tractorworks off of that rotation? last 4 nights i've been on it the Germans can never get past that fourth (i think) capzone. it's also got really bad exploitable areas in buildings that are still spawn protected and make russians invincible.....
C'mon, TractorWorks is a great map! I play mostly on Old Glory because of the ping, but the Euro I and II servers have a better rotation. Old Glory needs more custom maps.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
C'mon, TractorWorks is a great map! I play mostly on Old Glory because of the ping, but the Euro I and II servers have a better rotation. Old Glory needs more custom maps.

i'm not saying it's a bad map......it's just typically a bad map to play in 50player pub matches when you're dealing with new players and people who just refuse to communicate. a map should never require a clan stack to "balance" it out for a pub match :rolleyes:

Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
Upvote 0
i'm not saying it's a bad map......it's just typically a bad map to play in 50player pub matches when you're dealing with new players and people who just refuse to communicate. a map should never require a clan stack to "balance" it out for a pub match :rolleyes:

It's not team stacking, it's those who have honor vs those who would play on the free win side :p

Also it's not about communication it's about spawn camping the large room before the stairs, where the allies only have one small doorway to get in. If you can hold it for long enough it can buy enough time for your team to actually cap. I hate when people say it requires teamwork to win, no it requires the other team to be really really bad to win lol.

Upvote 0
having a "free win side" thus proves the point i was making.....a proper map should be balanced so that a "free win side" never develops. once players identify a particular side as being "easier" (regardless of whether players choose to play the "easy" side or "have the honor" to play the "hard" side) that simply confirms that the map is broken from a balance perspective.

**to note, i typically play the German side on that map, actually i've only played as Russian 1 of 6 times since i've noticed it on the rotation.....and that one time i was having too much fun annoying the crap out of HT drivers by taking out engines with the ptrd :D

Upvote 0
We managed to just squeak by as axis again yesterday w/ out any real stackage this time. It was tedious to say the least. Too many players out in their own little world on special missions whose details only they are privy to.

:-/

Thanks SlowBull and TWB for keeping the rotation fresh. We missed you yesterday. Especially your admin powers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Private Who?
Upvote 0
We managed to just squeak by as axis again yesterday w/ out any real stackage this time. It was tedious to say the least. Too many players out in their own little world on special missions whose details only they are privy to.

:-/

Thanks SlowBull and TWB for keeping the rotation fresh. We missed you yesterday. Especially your admin powers.

+1 on all that. The only bad things about Old Glory...sometimes, def. not all the time:
1. lack of admin presence.
2. too many relatively inexperienced players not really taking the time to learn the ins-and-outs off the maps and RO in general. I like new blood and all, but too much of it on one server and that's what can happen.

Upvote 0
TWB- thanks for hosting a great server. It should be "Old Faithful"! It's usually full and always have a good time.

Here's to the RO players left and no break until RO2! :D

We need to thank you guys really for making OG a great place to spend an evening..:D

As for maps we'll be keeping an eye on the rotation and look to tweak it if required.
We will of course look at adding more maps as it seems the latest additions have on the whole been well recieved..So many thanks everyone for the kind words, it is very much appreciated by all of our Admins and members..

Upvote 0
Thank you all for the kind words and interest. We hope to add/remove maps at times for variety, and to improve the experience. We realize that some maps, especially the "large" non-stock maps, can take some time to learn, and may need to be downloaded, but please realize that we who have played RO a lot and for a long time do get tired of the same maps over and over, so for us a little variety goes a long way. If you have additional input, feel free to post at the TWB forums in the RO section. As for the presense of admins, we try to be on as much as we can, between real life responsabilities etc. Hope to see you all again soon. TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0