• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We didn't melt

Well, as mentioned, we had a few problems with the a/c this week. Compressor apparently burned out and had to be replaced. Temp was up around 85 outside, so we were frying inside - hence the sudden rash of "portable" a/c units. Hopefully all fixed now, so I'll run by the office later to check. Apart from that, yes, we enjoyed the rather brief trip back to the UK.

So - what have we been up to at work, apart from melting? Hit a nice big deadline last weekend, so people can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The whole Portal 2 ARG beast chewed up a fair amount of time over the last few weeks as well - all good fun, though! Starting to free up artists now, so they can be working on "other stuff" for the summer. Does this mean the RO2 beta is getting closer? Well, of course :) We know everyone has been waiting a long time - but that is the trouble with a "small" company like Tripwire. Just getting everything done is a challenge!

Apart from people busting their balls on RO2, we've got people working on more goodies for KF - we haven't forgotten you guys! There should be another announcement or two on The Ball coming soon - another Tripwire/Teotl adventure. And Dwarfs is close to release, which should give people some light-hearted fun (and gameplay that ranges up to the downright difficult and challenging for those who like it that way). For those who played the old Dwarfs beta (or saw it at PAX) - you won't believe how much the guys have added to the game!

But RO2: yes, close to the first phase of beta now. Won't be many more Saturdays before we are chatting about that. Finalizing script for the v/o for the single-player campaigns. Tweaking Countdown gametype, both to suit the clan players (setting it up so we can be sure it is perfectly balanced) and to work well in the MP campaign. And starting to get the final PR campaign organised... the fun! We should probably run a poll or something on when people think the F&F beta will start! "Soon" :)

Attachments

• 110422015.jpg
    110422015.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Dramatization

6ded8961.jpg

Upvote 0
BEST.HAND-MADE.A/C.EVER.

Can't wait until the PR campaign for RO2 starts, it will be without a doubt the GOTY 2011, no Battlefield 3 or COD MW3 can stand in our way, even if they both come out earlier. The only thing chewing people up inside is the release date. I know you guys said it was moved "until it's finished" but we can't stop thinking about it.

And that upcoming KF release ... man, I WANT MY TOP GEAR DLC!

Upvote 0