• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] IL2 sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Press Release/Video

I'll be missing my P-38 definitely aswell, but Defiant probably makes up for that already for the laughs. I can already imagine players with human reargunner (if possible) strafing bombers upside down above them and then looping while dakkadakkadakka :p
I don't see why human rear gunner won't be possible, I've rear gunned for one my buds in an IL2 game before, it was coop though.

Upvote 0
I hope this game is a success, but I'm not sure how much different it will be than the last IL2. It seems like a minor graphical update with more limitations on theaters. I'm not sure what it would take for me to buy this--maybe a first person campaign so you spend time living a life on the ground as well as in the air? When you parachute out in enemy territory you can land and have an abbreviated fight your way back with the Resistance to your home base, either by stealing a military or civilian plane or just sneaking back? I guess just leaving it as neat flight sim isn't enough for me anymore.

You ain't serious now i hope, for your own sake?

Incorporating an fps perspective as advanced and well designed as you make it sound would be a gignormous task, its not doable for one game basically your asking for something like ww2 online + the sims + gta 4 + RO2 + IL2 + a life simulator(and god who knows what else)... There is a reason why you can't fly planes in RO, the same reason applies for not being on the ground or in tanks in IL2, they both go for realism and combining them both in a realistic manner would be extremely hard and probably a waste of resources.

Think of it like this, you bail out, so now all of a sudden you expect a life simulator where on the ground the game all of a sudden is of RO2 quality? It just doesn't hold up dude, for one the game itself would be gigantic, would it be fun probably not if its spanning a world just as big as our own. Would it be detailed.. no it wouldn't especially not if mappers are to sit and mapp the entire world in RO2 quality which would take.. literally FOREVER.

The purpose of the game is to be the most realistic ww2 combat sim and it does it very well, if you want to multi task you end up with something like Battlefield arcade handling of everything on small maps with U turns and obviously no realistic depth what so ever in anything.

This game is really really deep on the ww2 flight combat side, which is precisely what its going for, a depth far beyond what the original IL2 has with very improved fm,dms,details,physics,weather, graphics,sound etc. Oleg and his crew are very known for being extremely picky about details, they've spent several thousands of hours into research for this product.

I hope i don't scared you but seriously if your into flight sims and more precisely ww2, there is absolutely no reason to miss out on this sim which has been in development for over 6 years, supporting products like RO2 and IL2 keeps the PC crowd alive :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
You ain't serious now i hope, for your own sake?

Incorporating an fps perspective as advanced and well designed as you make it sound would be a gignormous task, its not doable for one game basically your asking for something like ww2 online + the sims + gta 4 + RO2 + IL2 + a life simulator(and god who knows what else)... There is a reason why you can't fly planes in RO, the same reason applies for not being on the ground or in tanks in IL2, they both go for realism and combining them both in a realistic manner would be extremely hard and probably a waste of resources.

Think of it like this, you bail out, so now all of a sudden you expect a life simulator where on the ground the game all of a sudden is of RO2 quality? It just doesn't hold up dude, for one the game itself would be gigantic, would it be fun probably not if its spanning a world just as big as our own. Would it be detailed.. no it wouldn't especially not if mappers are to sit and mapp the entire world in RO2 quality which would take.. literally FOREVER.

The purpose of the game is to be the most realistic ww2 combat sim and it does it very well, if you want to multi task you end up with something like Battlefield arcade handling of everything on small maps with U turns and obviously no realistic depth what so ever in anything.

This game is really really deep on the ww2 flight combat side, which is precisely what its going for, a depth far beyond what the original IL2 has with very improved fm,dms,details,physics,weather, graphics,sound etc. Oleg and his crew are very known for being extremely picky about details, they've spent several thousands of hours into research for this product.

I hope i don't scared you but seriously if your into flight sims and more precisely ww2, there is absolutely no reason to miss out on this sim which has been in development for over 6 years, supporting products like RO2 and IL2 keeps the PC crowd alive :)

No but it would be cool if such a game existed :)

Upvote 0
Leaked footage from beta (october)
Luthier said this is not in any way representative of the final sounds or anything, its simply a leak, still in my opinion the internal engine sound is pretty spot on from my experience and the gun sounds are coming along nicely as well.

YouTube - IL-2 COD Bf 109 E3
Nice! I don't really know what the engine sounds are supposed to be like, but I am thoroughly convinced by what I hear.

Upvote 0
The lighting and cockpits look really great but the exteriors look slightly too plain or something as if there isn't enough detail in the textures. Don't get me wrong it still looks really really good but does anyone see what I'm talking about? The explosions/flames are a little outdated as well. Other than that good stuff.

Upvote 0
The lighting and cockpits look really great but the exteriors look slightly too plain or something as if there isn't enough detail in the textures. Don't get me wrong it still looks really really good but does anyone see what I'm talking about? The explosions/flames are a little outdated as well. Other than that good stuff.

Probably a settings thing, the game has pretty high system requirements and is built for the future in the sense that it holds a lot of features that computers can't handle well today.

I've seen more high res textures etc, so this was probably on low-med exterior textures.

Upvote 0
I hope AI gunners are more reasonable this time, in later IL2 builds they seemed to have this uncanny abillity to either utterly fail (missed by a mile), or totally pwn (emptying a whole belt into your pilot), with very little middle ground.

Something about them was just really off.. and i don't recall it beeing that bad in the earliest builds of the game, but somewhere along the way they got worse and more annoying, and harder to kill aswell.

Here's hoping that won't carry over to the new game..

Upvote 0