• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian Community gives us goodies about Igromir

just for the lolz and since Dwin posted the link to that thread, i had to laugh at some of the obvious edits made following Wilson's corrections :D

ROMMEL_34 said:
1.) They still have the wrong driver's viewport for a Panzer IV F2:
1. Firstly, it isn't an F2
ROMMEL_34 said:
1.) They still have the wrong driver's viewport for a Panzer IV F2/G:

Last edited by ROMMEL 34 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

RO2's tanks look awesome, regardless of how many rivets off they may be :IS2:

Reactions: Grobut and husbert
Upvote 0
Well I would have to reluctantly agree with him that features like the correct viewport and whatnot are important. That's not rivet counting, those are important mechanical features that (possibly) are being modelled incorrectly.
Sure - the correct details are indeed important. But so are manners and a little element of politeness - then I am old, old-fashioned and British, so a stickler for such things. I've long since learnt not to get into "debates" with wankas about this stuff. I just slide off quietly and re-check our ref to see if there is anything we care to correct :)

Upvote 0
Well however it is that you guys do it, keep doing it.:D Personally, most of that rivet counting stuff is completely over my head, but the attention to detail is always appreciated. ROOST is still one of the finest games I've ever had the pleasure of playing (and still do). Seeing how you guys are working on ROHOS gives me great hope that it will deliver the same satisfaction.

Upvote 0
Great, more videos to remind me why I love this game and the devs so much ;)

Man that Rommel 34 is a real dumbass. I love those people who know nothing about game development and only give nonsense critics...

Oh, and it's great that the MP40 has a unfolded stock! :)
Hey! On this picture the dying soldier in the front has a unfolded stock and it seems as the jumping soldier behind him has a folded one!
http://www.redorchestra.ru/plugins/p17_image_gallery/images/149.jpg

Is it just that it's a lower detailed MP40 version (because of the distance to the weapon object) of the older folded variant, or is it a game function to fold/unfold the MP40 ? :)

Upvote 0
That is why I would like to hear a statement from Wilsonam or someone non-TWI-staff who knows his stuff about German tanks. Is Rommel34 on right tracks with his critics or is it just grudge talking there?
It appears that something is going on with the driver's visor. I went and found all these nice pictures of it on a Panzer IV:

test0bm.jpg

test1j.jpg

test2ji.jpg

test3w.jpg

test4a.jpg

In RO2:IS2::

test5f.jpg

test6ho.jpg

Looks like the exterior is fine but the interior part looks like that of a Panzer IV A below:

test7y.jpg

Exterior of A:

test8p.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting.

While accuracy is important, I'm certainly not going to nitpick something as little as this. I would guess that if it really is wrong as mentioned by Tank!, it would take more than a little time to fix it (some sort of game delay). It certainly won't have any affect on gameplay.

I say leave it for now and if there is such an outcry fix it in an update later on.

Upvote 0
Interesting.

While accuracy is important, I'm certainly not going to nitpick something as little as this. I would guess that if it really is wrong as mentioned by Tank!, it would take more than a little time to fix it (some sort of game delay). It certainly won't have any affect on gameplay.

I say leave it for now and if there is such an outcry fix it in an update later on.

Updates for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad have been released. These changed will be applied automatically when your steam client is restarted. The major changes include...

-after much searching, we found a panzer IV ausf F2 with the correct fahrersehklappe 50 installed for the driver, and have updated the in-game model based on this.
-we also found that a panel next to the driver's seat was fastened with 6 rivets, when it should have been only fitted with 5. The model has also been changed to reflect this historical accuracy
:troll:

Upvote 0
Do we know for sure which version was most common in the Ausf J? Alan has previously mentioned how different surviving tanks of the same class often have variations. Some from being upgraded from previous marks, some with small changes in the factory without changing the mark / ausf, and some done in the field. Then there's having to put together a 60 year old tank for a museum, probably with parts from some other tanks.

Upvote 0
Interesting.

there already is an outcry. just change it, no big deal.

"no effect on gameplay" is a terrible argument as always.

Upvote 0