• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brick

Ok, my suggestions (also from other people) are:

• Lead block in a handbag
  • Cinderblock on a rope
  • Explosive helmet
  • Two-bricks-that-you-use-to-crush-a-zombie's-head-inbetween-them

this could create even new perk - Bricklayer
if 2 bricklayers on the server , they could also use wheel-barrow , one is pushing it and second one sitting in it and throwing the bricks around :p

Upvote 0
I just read this thread. :D I have to admit--the idea sounds appealing.

A number of people have mentioned the bricks in Time Splitters and Condemned. My own experience with bricks comes from Manhunt, in which they're used as lures: throw a brick, make a clatter; hunter goes to investigate, execute him while his back is turned.

But then, one game, I was caught by a hunter with brick in hand. I panicked, threw the brick instead of just drawing a weapon--and hit the hunter in the face, stunning him.

It actually stunned me as much as him. "WTF?" I thought: "Did that just actually happen?" I had no idea the game let you use them as weapons.

Reactions: BenioX
Upvote 0
My own experience with bricks comes from Manhunt, in which they're used as lures: throw a brick, make a clatter; hunter goes to investigate, execute him while his back is turned.

But then, one game, I was caught by a hunter with brick in hand. I panicked, threw the brick instead of just drawing a weapon--and hit the hunter in the face, stunning him.

It actually stunned me as much as him. "WTF?" I thought: "Did that just actually happen?" I had no idea the game let you use them as weapons.
Oh f... so it's not that original idea after all :(
But please, make that happen to be! D:

Upvote 0
It occurs to me--a lot of the discussion in this thread revolves around how many bricks people should be allowed to buy, how many they can carry, how much they should weigh, etc.

How about this instead: instead of buying a certain number of bricks, just buy a "brick." Or even just give one to everyone, like a knife, medical syringe or a welder. And make the brick a rechargable weapon--again, like the medical syringe or the welder.

Once you have thrown your brick, your "brick counter" goes down to zero. You must then wait until the counter goes back up to 100. At that point, you are assumed to pick up a new brick off the ground, which you can use to either bash or throw.

Aiming the brick before throwing it will allow you to throw it farther and more accurately.

This would provide all the advantages of the brick (primitive brutal skull-smashing violence, plus an emergency ranged weapon), plus an endless ammunition supply (there will always be something like a brick lying around to be picked up), plus you don't have to buy and carry a sack of bricks (which is kind of stupid).

The disadvantage is that if you throw your brick away, you have to "look for a new one" (i.e. wait for the counter to go back to 100). Until then, you would have no brick at all. This would make the brick-throw a true desperation move, and keep people from mowing down oncoming zeds with volleys of masonry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I first saw this and thought, this looks amusing *reads it*
... ok so maybe this would add a little sumthin sumthin. But i dunno, lets be considerate of the FF servers too. i would hate to be busy healing someone or chopping up clots only to get brained by the lethal rectangle which some noob has clearly not paid attention to lobbing in the general direction of noise coming from the specimens

Upvote 0