• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive announces

Very good news! Awesome initiative TWI, you are truly one of a kind in the gaming world. People can say what they want about TWI, but not that they sold out. :p

Last year I was kinda hoping for a Pacific mod because a realistic Pacific game has never been done (AFAIK). And RO-style battles in a jungle would be cool. Good luck everybody. :)

I spread the word amongst the Dutchies on our RO website.

Thank you for being so cool, TWI.

Upvote 0
Great news. It looks like the RO experience will take on a jungle look with Rising Storm and In Country! ;)
Indeed... we're looking forward to both of them. Also we hope we can get behind the In Country mod as that takes shape - just that we were already working up Rising Storm before we knew about In Country. With some smart co-operation between the teams we should get some spectacular results!

Upvote 0
This is a very good initative and a good way for modders to get a foothold in the industry.
I'm wondering how UE3 will handle dense jungles though.
Anyways, the best of luck to TWI and ofcourse the modders who apply for jobs!
There can never be enough tactical shooters from different area's or era's :)

About jungle stuff watch the latest GDC updates.

Upvote 0
I want in on this =). I made those pacific maps for Red Orchestra because there was no suitable pacific mod in the works and I wanted to break the ice, now there is a dev supported mod team and this mod can now be a reality. :D

Does this mean you have to have been on a mod team such as DH/MN/CC? Individual mapping does not count does it? :(

Go to the Rising Storm Website and it lists modders wanted, and you can apply also.

Upvote 0