• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

This is absolutely brilliant!:D:D:D Excited to see some screens and hear more news. The level of cooperation with tripwire just sounds awesome. Hear hear for Dev-to-Mod cooperation!

On another note, I'm really pleased to hear that you are starting with Stalingrad based tanks first. There's a lot of potential surrounding this theater left, plus many of these tanks would be useable in early war campaigns. So again, awesome sauce.

The tanks I'd love to see (but understand that you guys are the boss and will be happy with anything)

-T-26
-T-60
-SU-76
-KV-1

-StugIII
-Pz. II
-Pz. 38(t)

- Trucks!!

and then the Panther!

Cheers all. Keep it up :)

Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=69493&page=41[/URL]

Somebody is working on one, can find videos for it in here.

That's some nice work.... with a few additional eye candy gimmicks, that could be pretty fun.... though it seemed to take a lot of hits to take the tank out. Almost like it was being hit with an AT Rifle, maybe a bit worse.

Needs a bit more beef in it's damage imo, otherwise the tank would easily kill you before you made any impact in damage.

Upvote 0
Looks like someone on your team leaked some pics. of the Tiger I they're working on.

Here:[url]http://boingboing.net/2012/09/18/pattern-for-knit-panzer-tank-s.html[/URL]

That's the prototype armour that was fitted on only a few hundred Tiger I's, which were designed to absorb most of the impact of a round so that it didn't detonate, but instead, fell asleep in a warm blanket of fuzziness.

However after a couple of months, development ceased, as it took German soldier's grandmothers too long to knit all the armour and many got carpel tunnel in their wrists. :cool:

Upvote 0
That's the prototype armour that was fitted on only a few hundred Tiger I's, which were designed to absorb most of the impact of a round so that it didn't detonate, but instead, fell asleep in a warm blanket of fuzziness.

However after a couple of months, development ceased, as it took German soldier's grandmothers too long to knit all the armour and many got carpel tunnel in their wrists. :cool:

It was an also an effective stop-gap measure against Soviet magnetic anti-tank mines until the development of zimmerit in late 1943.

Upvote 0
That's some nice work.... with a few additional eye candy gimmicks, that could be pretty fun.... though it seemed to take a lot of hits to take the tank out. Almost like it was being hit with an AT Rifle, maybe a bit worse.

Needs a bit more beef in it's damage imo, otherwise the tank would easily kill you before you made any impact in damage.

It's HE type of ammo. Hence why it takes longer. The best way to create the AT would be using a Tank as an static turret though.

Hence why I need all the info this guys can gather from Tank modding.

Upvote 0