• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Is that electrolytic cleaning process supposed to leave pits in the barrel? Sounds a bit scary. I'll stick to windex and hoppes 9 for my corrosive shooters.

after my experiance even the best bores of old rifles have pits, its because of crap that hasnt been fully cleaned out the bore for like 40+ years, thus having a lil bit of rust under that thin liner of dirt
but those will be filled again by tombak like they have been filled before, just dont shoot corrosive ammo right after cleaning the rifle

the spread is around 1cm smaller than it was before, and i notice triggerfaults ect a bit more

it rly shoots great, and if i shoot good the rifle now has around 4cm of spread @ 130m (with self loaded ammo)

the cleaning method wont open up new dents, it will just reopen the old ones :)

Upvote 0
i had about 16 rnds left from a box i bought a couple years ago. it was surplus stuff, i dont know which bullet blew though.
the slide is fine, the frame is fine, just a piece of the barrel blew off, right side of the chamber opposite the extractor slot.
i think there are a few metal abrasions on the slide, but i can sand them out.
and i didnt even know it was broken till i disassembled it after it failed to cycle.
the rollers and roller lock look fine. just need a new barrel. anyone have any feedback on the 9mm conversions?
i've read that these guns were built for using the sub-gun ammo in mind, thats why the czech m48 round is 20% more voracious than the reg soviet stuff. well, i'll try to get a military barrel now, so much for having an all parts matching pistol (mine was made in 53 at CZ and was decocker tested). damn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
blew up my cz52 today at the range, maybe got some of that high cup stuff, i dunno, time to get a new barrel.
i'll post a pic when i get ahold of a camera.

oh... hope u didnt hurt urself...

ive had some pretty bad experiance with those cz pistols

one had a faulty saftey
when the hammer was released ( saftey) it still hit the primer a bit, and thus setting it off accidently
thank god i had the pistol pointed downwards and pointing to the target
then once a extractor broke, once the whole back part of it flew away

that was with various CZ pistols of a friend of mine...

they were perfectly maintained, and didnt have any seeable faults

Upvote 0
Upvote 0