I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

WickedPenguin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Miami, FL
ut2004.wickedpenguin.com
Time to inaugurate the RO:O forums with some gun pics. :D

For those who never saw the thread in the old forums, basically this is a thread to post whatever military guns you have currently or recently bought - and discuss them.

My Set:
bothmn_cropped_800.jpg

Click here for a huge version of that pic

From top to bottom:
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Year: 1936
Condition: Excellent, with shiny bore

Mosin Nagant M44
Year: 1945
Condition: Excellent, with shiny bore and laminated stock. It has some nicks, but most do anyway.

Bulgarian Makarov Pistol
Year: 1970 (first year of production)
Condition: Absolutely mint. It looks a tiny bit more worn now, but I've put some good use into it.

And lastly:

sks_close1.jpg

Yugoslavian M59 SKS
Year: No year markings (like most Yugos), but produced in the late 50's-1960's
Condition: Excellent. The thing is a bloody tack driver. I'm a horrible shot, and this thing makes ME look good.

WickedPenguin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Miami, FL
ut2004.wickedpenguin.com
Dcode said:
i like very much.

post more pics. i wanna see the makarov close up :D

There ya go: :) I have a few extra mags for it too - 2 Bulgarian, 2 Russian, and an East German. They all fit and work perfectly. Gotta love Communist mix-and-match weaponry!

mak.jpg

Ska Wars said:
I predict Bas will win this thread . . . again :p

LOL - well, there's no bloody doubt about THAT!

Zoring

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Was thinking this thread woulden't take long to be reborn :)

My Gewehr 98, my other rifles a 1944 Lithgow SMLE and a Swede mauser are on bas' site www.gunpics.net which anyone who is interested in WW2 weapons shoulden't miss

Last edited:

Zoring

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
WickedPenguin said:
It's actually http://www.gunpics.net/

;)

Beautiful WWI-era Mauser example, btw. Quite pretty and well-preserved. My father has one, but it's not nearly as in good condition. How does she shoot?

There's a P38 on that page Krokar

I've cleaned it up a bit, the metal, but the wood was as i got it, all the numbers are matching and everything, it was a real find, and for $400 australian, got a bargain i reckon. It shoots well too, the only problem being the minimum graduation of 400 meters!

Agenda_Suicide

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 25, 2005
Arizona
PICT0016.jpg

My M59/66 I had a problem with it when i took it to the range. The bullet casings would get jammed as the bolt was shutting, quite frustrating. Since then i took the spring out and lubed the hell out of it and made sure the hole to the piston in the barrel for the gas was clear of any kind of gunk. I have to test it to make sure it works.

ww2stuff1.jpg

M44 and 91/30.

Gheppetto

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Not much....but a start.

From the top:

1. "42" 1938 RC 98k
2. "dou" 42 RC 98k
3. Post War Czech 98k
4. '43 M38 Carbine
5. '43 K31 w/ tag
6. '43 BSA No.4
7. 70's mfg. Yugo SKS

Last edited:

JCoquillon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Europe
You sir are too modest, that is a great gun collection, can see you are a man oif taste and style, add a mosin 91/30 and an m44 and that set would be close to perfect

trench

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Fresh outta the boxes from my friendly UPS man. 1942 M38 and 1943 91/30.
While not pretty, both are great shooters.

Was gonna get a picture of the Kar98 , but appears the digital camera has gone MIA. :(
MosinNagant91-30andM38a.jpg

bas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2005
New Zealand
www.gunpics.net
Ska Wars said:
I predict Bas will win this thread . . . again :p

Not that it's a competition, at least I hope not as I'd wouldn't even be in the running considering some of the collections I've seen!

My lot, the Russians:
russians2.JPG

The Germans:
germans2.JPG

The rest:
misc.JPG

No change since I got the G43, been saving up to pay for a big dentist bill :(

Reactions: Hobitt