• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Specimen kill messages

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
This mutator shows small statistic messages on your screen as you kill specimen. The messages will remain on top-left corner of the screen for ~4 seconds for each specimen type you kill and count up as you kill multiple of same ones in short amount of time.
You get no sort of reward for maximizing the kill stats, it's merely there to show you exactly how much damage your grenade/pipebomb spam did do to that group of zombies or to show you if you killed off that fleshpound.

To add this mutator to game, simply add mutator "Kill/damage Messages" (or "?Mutator=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage" to URL line), or you can add it to ServerActors list, in KillingFloor.ini:
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage
Download the mutator from here.

Version history:
3.0:
- Made it disable built-in kill messages to prevent double messages on client.
- Added support for damage messages (bMessageDamage=true in MutKillMessage.ini).
2.0:
- Added support to message all players about specific large zombie kills (you can specify 'large' zeds on MutKillMessageV2.ini in form as mass/health they have).
1.0:
- Initial release.

Last edited:
I wonder what would happen if you had this active along with custom zeds? :confused:

It works fine.

bruteg.png

Upvote 0
i noticed a thing about the mutator. the number showing seems to be ... multiply. 1 clot = +2 clot kills ...

i test this on HoE with serverperk enabled, with super zombie mut. no custom zed.

is this just me or something's wrong ?

yes it happened to me too
I removed it from active mutators list and its still active but working fine (+1 instead of +2) its kinda weird but try it

Upvote 0
i noticed a thing about the mutator. the number showing seems to be ... multiply. 1 clot = +2 clot kills ...

i test this on HoE with serverperk enabled, with super zombie mut. no custom zed.

is this just me or something's wrong ?
That is intended.
Just one thing, my screen is 1600x900 and the messages seems a bit too close from trader's distance:
I can make that Y offset positioned localized too so users can adjust it themselves.

Upvote 0
I've a suggestion: add a option to broadcast in chatbox a message when someone killed a "big zed" (scrake/fp/patriarch). Maybe check default.Mass >= 500 for brute support if IsA() requires the package.

edit:
Code:
function ScoreKill(Controller Killer, Controller Killed)
{
    if( PlayerController(Killer)!=None && Monster(Killed.Pawn)!=None )
    {
        PlayerController(Killer).ReceiveLocalizedMessage(Class'KillsMessage',,,,Killed.Pawn.Class);
        if ( bOptionBool && Killed.Pawn.default.Mass>499 && KFGameType(level.Game)!=None ) // bloat/husk mass=400, scrake=500, fp/brute=600, patriarch=1000
            level.Game.Broadcast(Self, class'GameInfo'.static.ParseKillMessage(Killer.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName, KFGameType(level.Game).GetNameOf(Killed.Pawn), class'DamageType'.default.DeathString), 'DeathMessage');
    }
    Super.ScoreKill(Killer,Killed);
}
Which results by "a Scrake was killed by PlayerName." in chatbox.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thank you and nice ! but I got a problem...
it display "+2 CLOT KILL" when I kill 1 clot

that happens when you kill a clot while a +1 Clot message is still there (they take a little to completely fade away). Unless of course you hadn't killed a clot before that one, which would indeed make it a tech issue.

Upvote 0