• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How Does the community feel about officially adding THE BRUTE?

Instead of boxing gloves, i'd love to see knuckledusters on the Brute (horizon ain't known of their sportsmanship, so why using boxing gloves?)

Another idea I had were boxing boots. I don't like the look of his bare feet and I think it would fit perfect to the boxing theme.

Gloves : yeah agreed...tricky. Knuckledusters might be an option.

Shoes : Boots are a good idea yes. Ill try that out thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Indeed. Folk tend to forget that modders also like to have a good time creating the mods, and sometimes they even DEMAND stuff from us. Good luck with that approach...since we don't have deadlines and such. To me its like playing a game and having fun with it. Push us into creating the mods and youll only drive us away from the project.

We don't get money for the work we do, just keep that in mind the next time you DEMAND a fix.

(this isnt relevant to your posts vegetasasuke0 :) , or any of the ones that actually were constructive in this thread)
I agree to this which is why I end up arguing with some players. "Make this" "why wont you do this?" My reply is always the same when it comes to specimens/weapon: "You model, texture it, i'll do the rest". Im getting fed up with it all and some players have noticed that im not willing to be told what to do with my spare time. People like Hemi I have massive respect for cause of what he does, he's willing to help in his spare time and he will give out stuff for no reason like he is doing with the Dead Space mod, Alien Mod, Brute, you name it!

Upvote 0
I think alot of people dont understand that it is alot of work, I've tried making some mods & mutators as well & I havent gotten far due to lack of knowledge, so I respect the fact that there are people out their who are willing to put in such hard work & release the projects to the public, its a shame that the community is losing it's modders & such as time goes on =(

Upvote 0
I have complete respect for the people who spend their own time doing mods, maps, and mutators. Ive tried to do the maps, but i cant even created a floor. However, once a person knows what their doing, then it isnt that hard to do. It just takes time. As for modeling, like for the brute, that has got to be tough sense you basically start from scratch and work your way up. Unlike some models where all they do is take a current model and just change it up a bit, this type of modeling takes true dedication. If only I know how to create a map, I would love to create a map. Even if its nots the most awesome looking map. Its a map that I can say that I created, tested, and made sure it runs right.

Upvote 0
NewBrute.jpg

Progress report? When can we have it? :D

Upvote 0
My only experience against Brute; joined a Suicidal Westlondon server, we were holding the street in front of government building (or police station w/e ppl call it). I missed the crossbow when he's off guard, as you know he shows his face when he's getting ready for the enraged hit from up close and he punched me back, right in the middle of 4 clots. My attempt of escaping away with Handcannon denied as the flock of crawlers were just behind them. As expected I died on the point.

I said "f*** this sh*t" and quit, never joined a brute modified server ever again. If it can break into funnel points easily it has no point adding him, I say. At the other hand it forces player to play with ZED at worst, still some of player base hates this weapon.

He should be pretty much balanced for that at least he should move VERY slowly when under constant fire like weak commando bullets or flamethrower. Yet he should get affect from crisping effect before enrage hits the threshold. Also adding him would make M99 pretty much useless, don't you agree?

Upvote 0
I said "f*** this sh*t" and quit, never joined a brute modified server ever again. If it can break into funnel points easily it has no point adding him, I say.

That is the point of its existence, to break up lame camping to make the game more challenging. If you're the kind of person that just likes to camp 24/7, this isn't the specimen for you.

I think posts like this are indicative of why TWI have made the game so easy; because people don't want a challenge. They just want to feel good about beating a game by sitting in a corner firing their OP weapons until they get their achievements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is the point of its existence, to break up lame camping to make the game more challenging. If you're the kind of person that just likes to camp 24/7, this isn't the specimen for you.

I think posts like this are indicative of why TWI have made the game so easy; because people don't want a challenge. They just want to feel good about beating a game by sitting in a corner firing their OP weapons until they get their achievements.
^this

At the other hand it forces player to play with ZED at worst, still some of player base hates this weapon.

Also adding him would make M99 pretty much useless, don't you agree?
Brute was here before the ZED.
Also 1 specimen makes a whole gun useless?

Upvote 0
Make him immune to all tier 3 weapons and melee, give him a huge stack of health and automaticaaly target characters with a movement speed boost gaining 300% movement speed for himself. Upon catching soomeone with a movement speed boost grabs hold of them so they can't move and ignores damage resistance and 1 shots them.To balance him make him worth

Upvote 0
I don't want to see the brute with his current mechanics. I hate its unintuitivity. A zed with a better balanced/polished blocking mechanic would be very cool, though. If there's going to be a physical shield that a zed uses for blocking, it absolutely has to have a hitbox, and a decent one, for me to suggest it.

I've always thought a big buzz saw on the forearm would be a great weapon/shield for a zed. He shields his head/chest/arms behind it while approaching, and then when taking enough damage to rage a FP or he gets close, he stops shielding, revs it, and runs in for the attack.

There was some talk of a suggested telekinetic zed that would stop/slow bullets out of the air under some circumstances. That could be another great blocking zed concept. This guy could shield himself and others, but have no attacks, that'd really be something different.

The shiver is also a great concept, although unrelated to blocking.

Other novel new zeds would be grand too, just anything new, interesting, and opposing the new, better guns we've gotten.

Upvote 0
Brute was here before the ZED.
Also 1 specimen makes a whole gun useless?

The whole game is actually based on camping. What are you talking about? Game is not about people wanting less challenge, but public plays are the backbone challenge of finding a decent team, you got that? You can't always find a decent team to get rid of specimen. There'll be always people who try to snipe Patriarch with dual 9mm pistols, there will be always servers with no kickvote with afk players in it, there'll be always people who piss the Fleshpound with Bullpup hoping that it will fall too. People don't want anymore trouble and enrage instead of specimen enrage in their game.

Also M99 single shot price is 250

Last edited:
Upvote 0