• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

• Total voters
Red Orchestra = TWI's baby
KF= Cashcow
Cashcow = Money for RO:HOS

When TWI will release RO:HOS, i'm pretty sure that they will not have to make a KF2, because RO:HOS will generate enough money for many many years... to make more RO games. :l
Did kf really tank that badly?
Cause the only reason I see why they would not make kf2 is if kf1 wasn't successful.

Upvote 0
I've said it a million times before, but I'll say it again. What KF really needs is an ability to roll back any perk levels you have unlocked to a lower level.

*Snipped for space*
Perhaps each difficulty could be "Level Locked", so-to-speak. Basically, each difficulty would not let you use perks at higher effectiveness than a set Level, and would de-level any that are too high. For example, on an Easy server you cannot use any Perk above Level 2. If you use a Perk that you've gotten higher, then it'll be at it's Level 2 effectiveness. Normal servers could cap at Level 4, while Hard and Suicidal would have no limit. As to not discourage leveling players from playing on the servers, you can still get credit towards a perk, even if it's above the lock-out.

Edit: Taking this to the suggestions forum, actually.

I am speaking hypothetically. An expansion pack, not a content update. Expansions by definition typically cost money. Content updates regularly do not. Hence my choice of words. Further, you can't take that quote away from the first paragraph, as they are tied together.

I think KF is just fine as is. A sequel, or any derivative (read: expansion) is, in my opinion, unnecessary at this time.
Right right, I get what you meant, now. Frankly I don't really see Killing Floor getting a paid expansion though, since the kinds of things that an expansion would include we've already been given for free. Seems that Tripwire's stance is that you only pay extra for frivolous things like skins while any content update is free so that all players are on the same page.

That said, I do definitely feel that it's too soon for a Killing Floor 2, and when it is eventually time, I hope they can offer us more than just a graphical update.

Upvote 0
I'd vote for it, as I think it'd probably be a more finacially sound decision for TWI to make a 2nd KF already. KF seems to be the more "mainstream" game of TWI's repertoire, and has been sucking in players (and thus customers) for some time now. However, content updates don't garner consumers forever, eventually a brand new game is needed to reinvigorate interest/sales.

So I vote yes, simply looking at it from a financial standpoint. Of course as an actual player I'm hoping they continue to add content to this game for as long as possible. (I also hope that KF2 will have surprisingly mellow system reqs like it's predecessor :D)

Perhaps each difficulty could be "Level Locked", so-to-speak. Basically, each difficulty would not let you use perks at higher effectiveness than a set Level, and would de-level any that are too high. For example, on an Easy server you cannot use any Perk above Level 2. If you use a Perk that you've gotten higher, then it'll be at it's Level 2 effectiveness. Normal servers could cap at Level 4, while Hard and Suicidal would have no limit. As to not discourage leveling players from playing on the servers, you can still get credit towards a perk, even if it's above the lock-out.

I think that would do better as a server variable actually. Maybe people want to use up to lvl5 on normal, or vice-versa, try to tackle hard or suicidal with lvl3 or 4's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why wouldn't Tripwire make a KF2? KF has done so well that it wouldn't make sense not to make a sequel.

KF was actually very sucessful compared to RO (in its first year of release) so they have no reason to not do a KF2.

HOS looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it, but I will be disappointed if TWI carried on with HOS and not KF2/a random other game they may make someday.

Upvote 0
Did kf really tank that badly?
Cause the only reason I see why they would not make kf2 is if kf1 wasn't successful.

Why wouldn't Tripwire make a KF2? KF has done so well that it wouldn't make sense not to make a sequel.

Like i said above, KF did what the Devs were expecting.... LOADS A MONEY for RO:HOS (and a new ferrari for Ramm :p). And from what i have seen so far, TWI doesnt care much about KF.

EX: Letting a professional map designer in an amateur mapping competiton, and get away with like 15k (putting his name in the game booklet but not the other winners), the admin commands to powerlevel (took at least 5 months to remove those)

Take note that i'm not a TWI hater

Reactions: Oldih and SMIFF
Upvote 0
Like i said above, KF did what the Devs were expecting.... LOADS A MONEY for RO:HOS (and a new ferrari for Ramm :p). And from what i have seen so far, TWI doesnt care much about KF.

EX: Letting a professional map designer in an amateur mapping competiton, and get away with like 15k (putting his name in the game booklet but not the other winners), the admin commands to powerlevel (took at least 5 months to remove those)

Take note that i'm not a TWI hater

Well, at least they are keeping up the updates and patches and promise new content in the near future.

Its more than what happens to some games, you must admit. Although, it does look like KF is seen more as a side project than something more. Or perhaps they are just a bit strecthed out with something, and are too busy to deal with everything at once?

Upvote 0
Although, it does look like KF is seen more as a side project than something more.

I hope not. Personally I believe that KF has more potential. The FPS market is saturated with 'realistic' shooters, but even with L4D the 'zombie' co-op sub-genre is still quite fresh.

Not to mention that KF has more casual mainstream appeal due to it's simplicity. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion from a gameplay perspective, but from a financial respective a casual game is going to be better for business then a niche one.

This is not to bash on RO, but I do personally find KF more fun unless you're playing with friends (RO's pretty sweet then).

Upvote 0
I hope not. Personally I believe that KF has more potential. The FPS market is saturated with 'realistic' shooters, but even with L4D the 'zombie' co-op sub-genre is still quite fresh.

Not to mention that KF has more casual mainstream appeal due to it's simplicity. Whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion from a gameplay perspective, but from a financial respective a casual game is going to be better for business then a niche one.

This is not to bash on RO, but I do personally find KF more fun unless you're playing with friends (RO's pretty sweet then).

Of course it makes sense to make a KF2, but its a matter of priority. We won't know for sure what TWI's stand on this all is until Heroes of Stalingrad comes out. If they say after that that they will stick with RO, then they will likely abandon any ideas of a KF2, or they may even abandon KF1 entirely.

But until then, we know that they must focus their rescources on HOS, so we must wait. And, until then, we will have some new content to keep us occupied:D

So really, on this, the ball is in the air. Until TWI speaks, then we can only guess. And with KF's success, who knows where that may go. While KF may have originally been purely funding for RO, TWI may have shifted their position, and taken it in as an equal.

Upvote 0
Where have you been looking?
They even released the official rigs so modders have an easier time making content.
They also released 2 free, huge content patches.

I'm sorry but saying they don't care is just ignorant.
This isn't EA or Activision.

If it was EA, I likely would not have paid for KF, being naturally suscpicous of anything EA does.

Upvote 0
If it was EA, I likely would not have paid for KF, being naturally suscpicous of anything EA does.
Eh... EA isn't so bad, lately. It's Activision you gotta look out for these days. I think that Bobby Kotick saw all the negative rep that EA was getting and was jealous, judging by the way he and his company seem to try to be douche bags.

As for the "TWI doesn't care about KF" comment, go ahead and cry more. Yes, I'd like to have that content pack 2 weeks ago too, but it isn't as if comments like that are going to speed-up the process any. I doubt there's a dev reading this topic and saying "Oh snap! They're starting to say we don't care about KF, we better double-time it on that content patch."

It'll be out when its out. In the meantime I hope that Modern Warfare players are enjoying those maps they actually had to pay for. Me? I'll be enjoying those Killing Floor maps that were released for free.

Upvote 0
Where have you been looking?
They even released the official rigs so modders have an easier time making content.
They also released 2 free, huge content patches.

I'm sorry but saying they don't care is just ignorant.
This isn't EA or Activision.

I'm not trying to say that TWI doesnt care at all, but i think that KF is simply a cashcow. Sure they released 2 huge updates... but what was the point in making those updates? Getting more buyers. TWI is excellent at selling their games and they know it. And it seems like you havent read my whole post because you have neglected some of my arguments:
Letting a professional map designer in an amateur mapping competition, and get away with like 15k (putting his name in the game booklet but not the other winners), the admin commands to powerlevel (took at least 5 months to remove those)

Those are the things that i've been looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Waterworks was the reason why Damien is in the booklet, Seeing as it was the only map from the first contest to become official (I think)

If that is the case, then they must of forgot to add the other winners or something when the wave 2 contest was over.

Unfortunately Waterworks was not the only map to win the first wave and TWI knows that some names are missing. Still they havent made any changes.

Upvote 0