• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

• Total voters
"So soon?" Are you working off a Mayan calendar or something? Killing floor is dirt cheap. They've released expansions for free. They've released character packs for dirt cheap.

Any expansion pack or DLC that Tripwire releases I'll buy. I won't even look at the price first. In the age of $60 games that suck *** and are only good for a single play, KF is a wonderful dirt cheap game that has cost me pennies per hour.

Right. So much for sharing one's opinion before Nutterbutter must insult your intelligence while bashing you over the head with his own thoughts. Last I checked, this wasn't a right or wrong thread. I'm not really going to respond to this. You would willingly pay for any and all releases for KF. I wouldn't.

Please stop trying to incite arguments where none should exist. Kthxbye.

Upvote 0
I was like 1/2 who voted for number 2. But is there really a need for new content? Well sure I would buy KF2 but I don't see any need for it what so ever.

What I would like is small patches to balance the game. We've already got too much new content. But really, the game needs balance badly. I have no problems waiting for content since I never really felt the need for it but I'm getting pretty impatient about the balancing.

Upvote 0
I was like 1/2 who voted for number 2. But is there really a need for new content? Well sure I would buy KF2 but I don't see any need for it what so ever.

What I would like is small patches to balance the game. We've already got too much new content. But really, the game needs balance badly. I have no problems waiting for content since I never really felt the need for it but I'm getting pretty impatient about the balancing.
I think about most of the community is getting anxious and tired of waiting for this balance update. the blatant imbalances annoy the crap out of me on a daily basis.

If only RO:HOS wasn't so important...sigh.

Upvote 0
I think about most of the community is getting anxious and tired of waiting for this balance update. the blatant imbalances annoy the crap out of me on a daily basis.

I can partly understand why it has taken so long - we have no idea of their workload for HoS and they're a small company. On the other hand, I was playing suicidal Wyre earlier today, and 4 out of 6 people on the team were Sharpshooters, excluding me and someone who was playing Firebug. 4 out of 6, all using the EBR except for one or two. I expressed that we had too many Sharps and one guy goes "No we're fine, it just depends on where you are in the map."

Needless to say, it became so damn boring and devoid of any challenge that I left within ten minutes.

Upvote 0
Right. So much for sharing one's opinion before Nutterbutter must insult your intelligence while bashing you over the head with his own thoughts.

I hate to break it to you, but I'm not insulting your intelligence. I've been playing the game for well over a year. Many people have been playing it longer. Releasing an expansion pack well over a year after the initial release isn't "too soon." How long do you think a company should wait before releasing an expansion pack?

Last I checked, this wasn't a right or wrong thread.

Exactly. So stop acting like I am saying you are wrong.

Please stop trying to incite arguments where none should exist. Kthxbye.

I'm not. Kthxbye.

Upvote 0
Using unreal 3 is free, but if they were to make money from it, after they make $5000, they'll have to pay Epic Games 25% of the profits as the sales go on......

i ment in regard to their make something unreal prize.
they won use of the unreal 3 engine - at a time when i believe you simply paid for a license and then anything you made in sales was yours.
BUt you are suggesting the system has changed - (i understand there was some deal with UnED 3) and i guess in the days of digital delivery where this can be monitered it makes sense.

TImur - i would say if the game's good enough - a long long time.
But then as i said i am not one bothered by the visuals, certainly in the case of KF which is fine for me, so i'm happy.
A couple of new game modes, more maps weapons and enemies and i'm fine. Then again i'm not a major hardcore player like most of you so can see myself coming back to it now and then for a long while without addons anyway.
Others may disagree of course.

Upvote 0
i ment in regard to their make something unreal prize.
they won use of the unreal 3 engine - at a time when i believe you simply paid for a license and then anything you made in sales was yours.
BUt you are suggesting the system has changed - (i understand there was some deal with UnED 3) and i guess in the days of digital delivery where this can be monitered it makes sense.

TImur - i would say if the game's good enough - a long long time.
But then as i said i am not one bothered by the visuals, certainly in the case of KF which is fine for me, so i'm happy.
A couple of new game modes, more maps weapons and enemies and i'm fine. Then again i'm not a major hardcore player like most of you so can see myself coming back to it now and then for a long while without addons anyway.
Others may disagree of course.

I agree fully. A nice consistent flow of updates and content can keep KF going for a few more years. It has high replayability, so a little content can go a long way.

And in my opinion the graphics are just fine. It has a good gritty feeling to it, which adds to the value in a survival-horror game. And the lower graphics allow for players without gaming computers to play it. Why, my laptop here can do full graphic settings no problem! It would probably be the most dissapointing thing for me yet if my computer couldn't play a KF sequel due to graphics.

So, in my opinion, KF hasn't even hit it's stride yet! Why are we talking about a sequel when we havn't even hit the climax? The sun is just breaking on this game; we have a long way to go before it sets.

Upvote 0

agreed

if only TW didn't devote 12+ months of work on Killing Floor, RO2 would be out already......sigh

^ see how that works from the other side? ;) and to note, i love KF, but i'm one of many people who started with RO and have been waiting almost 4 years for a sequel.....so when people start pulling the "RO2 is taking away from KF" crap, it's quite annoying since that isn't the truth of the matter.

Upvote 0
Well said bswearer. I feel the same way about KF, its a great game but I started on RO and RO was here first. We have been waiting for a sequel for a while now. RO is near the end of its life, but KF is still very popular and has potential to grow.
When people come on saying rude comments like "I wish TWI didn't work on RO, then we would have KF2" or as I have seen many people ingame say, "TWI is stupid for making RO 2, they should be making KF2, RO sucks" , it makes me want to disembowel someone with a knife.

If RO didn't exist, KF would not have gone retail, and this company was founded on RO. Not to say KF is a second priority, but the way many people sound when they say KF2 should come first makes them sound sorta selfish/needy. Let TWI do their work on RO2, When profits come in, I'm sure they will have more games lined up, possibly including a KF2 or equally awesome zombie shooter. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Well said bswearer. I feel the same way about KF, its a great game but I started on RO and RO was here first. We have been waiting for a sequel for a while now. RO is near the end of its life, but KF is still very popular and has potential to grow.
When people come on saying rude comments like "I wish TWI didn't work on RO, then we would have KF2" or as I have seen many people ingame say, "TWI is stupid for making RO 2, they should be making KF2, RO sucks" , it makes me want to disembowel someone with a knife.

If RO didn't exist, KF would not have gone retail, and this company was founded on RO. Not to say KF is a second priority, but the way many people sound when they say KF2 should come first makes them sound sorta selfish/needy. Let TWI do their work on RO2, When profits come in, I'm sure they will have more games lined up, possibly including a KF2 or equally awesome zombie shooter. :IS2:

Imagine if they combined RO and KF......

that would be near impossible.

Upvote 0
They should, imagine a Zombie shooter that ran off RO2 player mechanics. Or maybe they should add a "nazi zombie" style gamemode as a downloadable mod that doesn't come with the game(Keep RO pure so reviews/realism people won't cry but others can still play). :D

Which brings me back to another topic, where are the freakin animators? There never seems to be enough of them. We have so much community models/ideas but require the work and knowledge of animation.

Upvote 0
Even releasing an 'expansion pack' so soon in the evolution of the game is a thinly-veiled attempt at squeezing money out of the player base.
*Cough* Um... what? I'm sorry, but you're going to have to explain how a free content update is a method of "squeezing money out of the player base."

if only TW didn't devote 12+ months of work on Killing Floor, RO2 would be out already......sigh

^ see how that works from the other side? ;) and to note, i love KF, but i'm one of many people who started with RO and have been waiting almost 4 years for a sequel.....so when people start pulling the "RO2 is taking away from KF" crap, it's quite annoying since that isn't the truth of the matter.
It's like the Starcraft/Diablo thing with Blizzard fans. The Diablo fans somehow felt snubbed when Starcraft 2 was first announced, claiming that they've been waiting too long for a Diablo sequel. Hell, I even read about a few people claiming to be leaving WoW because Starcraft 2 was announced without even a whispering of a new Diablo game. Mind you, Starcraft came out before Diablo 2 did, yet the Diablo fans still felt they like they were entitled to a new sequel first.

Upvote 0
I've said it a million times before, but I'll say it again. What KF really needs is an ability to roll back any perk levels you have unlocked to a lower level.

I've talked about 7 people into buying the game, but I can't play with them without it being stupidly easy for me, or unbelievably hard for them. Recently a bunch of my mates went into a suicidal game with me, and they were levels 2-4. By some miracle we actually survived the full game and wound up winning (I will admit I had to clutch it a few times) but it was the most fun I'd had in KF in ages. Sadly getting another game going is usually met with I cba, because it was so hard for them, and they had to keep relying on me.

I know a number of people take the stance that KF is dying, and tbh I might be inclined to agree. I don't play it anymore, simply because I've got noone to play the game with. If I could roll down to lower levels without having to start from scratch I think I'd still be playing today. I could set the server to hard, and then drop to level 3 or even 2 so we could have a good whack at it in even terms.

Basically, regardless of the balancing issues and glitches, the only real thing that can really save KF is the ability to roll down perks. Sadly I recently heard that, at least for the near future, this feature is impossible.

So sadly there isn't much we can do :(

Upvote 0
*Cough* Um... what? I'm sorry, but you're going to have to explain how a free content update is a method of "squeezing money out of the player base."

I am speaking hypothetically. An expansion pack, not a content update. Expansions by definition typically cost money. Content updates regularly do not. Hence my choice of words. Further, you can't take that quote away from the first paragraph, as they are tied together.

I think KF is just fine as is. A sequel, or any derivative (read: expansion) is, in my opinion, unnecessary at this time.

Upvote 0