• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

Would you want a Killing Floor 2?

• Total voters
From a KF2, I would want to see:

• A few years before it actually comes out.
  • Environments like KF mod.
  • A trader that doesn't look like a monkey.
  • Outbreak/Nightfall characters already in game before buying new packs.
  • New looks for "original" characters. Like Masterson with a Beret like in KFmod.
  • Standard number of players to match number of perks. (7 + GS perk)
  • Game optimised in a way that will allow more and more ZEDs onscreen.
  • Original voicesets + all new voices.
  • Every exploit fixed.
  • Ever balance issue fixed.
  • Original KF maps, perhaps with a new look/retexture.
  • Old ZEDs altered for the sake of balance, and maybe a sexy new look for each of them.
  • Some new "trash" ZEDs.
  • All the old weapons we know, perhaps with new looks (wooden M14, L85A2 instead of L22, Remmy 870 instead of Benelli M3 etc)
  • Female characters!
  • Some level of support for maps/mutators made for KF1.
  • "story mode"
  • story maps an official option in the SDK. E.g. KF = normal game KFS = Story game.
  • New, fun gamemodes.
  • Bren gun. :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze and mamoo
Upvote 0
From a KF2, I would want to see:

• A few years before it actually comes out.
  • Environments like KF mod.
  • A trader that doesn't look like a monkey.
  • Outbreak/Nightfall characters already in game before buying new packs.
  • New looks for "original" characters. Like Masterson with a Beret like in KFmod.
  • Standard number of players to match number of perks. (7 + GS perk)
  • Game optimised in a way that will allow more and more ZEDs onscreen.
  • Original voicesets + all new voices.
  • Every exploit fixed.
  • Ever balance issue fixed.
  • Original KF maps, perhaps with a new look/retexture.
  • Old ZEDs altered for the sake of balance, and maybe a sexy new look for each of them.
  • Some new "trash" ZEDs.
  • All the old weapons we know, perhaps with new looks (wooden M14, L85A2 instead of L22, Remmy 870 instead of Benelli M3 etc)
  • Female characters!
  • Some level of support for maps/mutators made for KF1.
  • "story mode"
  • story maps an official option in the SDK. E.g. KF = normal game KFS = Story game.
  • New, fun gamemodes.
  • Bren gun. :IS2:

All of this...

I would love it if KF2 had more "scary" feel to it to make the game more engaging and intense.

...combined with that!

Oo

Upvote 0
i'd personally don't feel i need KF on a newer engine it's fine so be happy to see and pay for a huge expansion for the existing game.
It would be quicker to make and probably cheaper all round - i'm presuming TWi only have free use of Unreal 3 for the one game, that being HoS.
I imagine the royalties on an expansion for an existing license on Un2 would be considerably less.

Upvote 0
i'd personally don't feel i need KF on a newer engine it's fine so be happy to see and pay for a huge expansion for the existing game.
It would be quicker to make and probably cheaper all round - i'm presuming TWi only have free use of Unreal 3 for the one game, that being HoS.
I imagine the royalties on an expansion for an existing license on Un2 would be considerably less.

I wonder: in theory, how long could you mantain a game using new content/patches? Thats not crtisiscm, Im legitimately wondering. I mean, could it just go on until the company finally runs out of ideas? Would people stop buying? Would it just be so epic from all the content, low price, and newer stuff that people would just keep buying?

How long could TWI, in theory, keep it up?

Upvote 0
I wonder: in theory, how long could you mantain a game using new content/patches? Thats not crtisiscm, Im legitimately wondering. I mean, could it just go on until the company finally runs out of ideas? Would people stop buying? Would it just be so epic from all the content, low price, and newer stuff that people would just keep buying?

How long could TWI, in theory, keep it up?

If u look at WoW(World of Warcraft) you know releasing content patches and balancing issues is a good way of maintaining the game. However WoW is a crappy game that can't compare it to KF! :IS2:

Upvote 0
If u look at WoW(World of Warcraft) you know releasing content patches and balancing issues is a good way of maintaining the game. However WoW is a crappy game that can't compare it to KF! :IS2:

Good point.

However, for the record, I would like to say that WoW is not worth the overall cost. Its a massive money-trap for Blizzard based on addictive gameplay. However, their RTS games redeem the company (Satracraft II and Watcraft III are still awesome)

Upvote 0
i'm presuming TWi only have free use of Unreal 3 for the one game, that being HoS.

Using unreal 3 is free, but if they were to make money from it, after they make $5000, they'll have to pay Epic Games 25% of the profits as the sales go on.

Also, they don't have to pay Valve anything if they were to sell on Steam because Epic has a special agreement with Valve that developers of Unreal games get it put on Steam for free.

And TWI don't have to pay for a publisher, because... they are their own publishers.

Upvote 0
I vote for option #4:

Wait for the promised content update/balance patch and hope that it pumps fun life back into the game. Then if they get around to having the time/desire to make a KF2, then I'll glady be buying it in 1-2 years when it's released.

seriously, you'd have to be on drugs to expect a sequel this early. it's going to be 4 years for the sequel to RO to finally come out; KF has been out 16 months ;)

Upvote 0
I vote for option #4:

Wait for the promised content update/balance patch and hope that it pumps fun life back into the game. Then if they get around to having the time/desire to make a KF2, then I'll glady be buying it in 1-2 years when it's released.

seriously, you'd have to be on drugs to expect a sequel this early. it's going to be 4 years for the sequel to RO to finally come out; KF has been out 16 months ;)

I think its the new atmosphere of modern gaming.

More sequels, less replayability, faster gamemaking by larger companies.

Of course, TWI isnt a large company, and so couldn'y ever win at that type of competition.

Instead, a combination of good maintenance and high replayability allow for TWI to take its time making new games.

Upvote 0
I vote for option #4:

I think its the new atmosphere of modern gaming.

More sequels, less replayability, faster gamemaking by larger companies.

Of course, TWI isnt a large company, and so couldn'y ever win at that type of competition.

Instead, a combination of good maintenance and high replayability allow for TWI to take its time making new games.

these.

We really do need this patch, and I would love to see TWI maintain KF1 as much as possible for a while and then release KF2 some other time.

(I would actually like to see a new game from TWI that isn't RO or KF before I see KF2...)

Upvote 0
these.

We really do need this patch, and I would love to see TWI maintain KF1 as much as possible for a while and then release KF2 some other time.

(I would actually like to see a new game from TWI that isn't RO or KF before I see KF2...)

Does 'The Ball' count?

I know almost nothing of said Ball, just that TWI has forums for it, and that its new/under construction.

Upvote 0
Does 'The Ball' count?

I know almost nothing of said Ball, just that TWI has forums for it, and that its new/under construction.

Not for me, anyway.

Yes, it is a game endorsed by TWI, but it's not made by TWI.

I'd give it a go when it comes out for sure, but that doesn't mean I don't want to see some more of TWI's replayability and godliness.

Upvote 0
At this point, the game is too new to expect a second installment in the 'series'. Valve did that with L4D2, and I promptly quit playing the first out of sheer anger.

Even releasing an 'expansion pack' so soon in the evolution of the game is a thinly-veiled attempt at squeezing money out of the player base. When all signs point towards this game becoming stale (and I believe that the game is only just beginning to reach its potential) then I will step in line and wait for an expansion or a sequel.

Until then, I will have my update and eat it too. Err, play it.

Upvote 0
At this point, the game is too new to expect a second installment in the 'series'. Valve did that with L4D2, and I promptly quit playing the first out of sheer anger.

Even releasing an 'expansion pack' so soon in the evolution of the game is a thinly-veiled attempt at squeezing money out of the player base. When all signs point towards this game becoming stale (and I believe that the game is only just beginning to reach its potential) then I will step in line and wait for an expansion or a sequel.

Until then, I will have my update and eat it too. Err, play it.

yeah,
as I said, the gaming market nowadays is in heavy demand to replace replayability with sequels, despite the fact that its an obvious trick to drain as much money as possible out of it.

I would welcome some more content and patches and the like for some time before TWI starts on a sequel.

Upvote 0
Even releasing an 'expansion pack' so soon in the evolution of the game is a thinly-veiled attempt at squeezing money out of the player base.

"So soon?" Are you working off a Mayan calendar or something? Killing floor is dirt cheap. They've released expansions for free. They've released character packs for dirt cheap.

Any expansion pack or DLC that Tripwire releases I'll buy. I won't even look at the price first. In the age of $60 games that suck *** and are only good for a single play, KF is a wonderful dirt cheap game that has cost me pennies per hour.

Upvote 0