• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Free weekends are always a good idea in my opinion. I've found out about several games with free weekends.

But, free weekends shouldn't show for quite sometime after launch when things are polished, imho.

The problem with this is that all most people that have been playing will be great at the game, I bet most will turn new players away by raging at them when they ask a question.

Upvote 0
The problem with this is that all most people that have been playing will be great at the game, I bet most will turn new players away by raging at them when they ask a question.

Very true. Good point.

A buddy of mine was given a Guest Pass on Steam and I had to guide him through the game because he was raging the first couple of games. But after a while, he got a handle of it.

Upvote 0

I really don't see that happening much in the beginning. I've found that in the first couple years of ROOST that most players were very helpful to new ones. It has only been lately that that has not been the case. Probably because now ROOST is a cheap budget title that unfortunately has been attracting alot of undesireables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I read that as well. But hopefully everything will be solved, otherwise many of us will have an issue.

64 bit systems can still run 32 bit programs. Its just that 64 bit programs give an additional speed boost. So its not like not having full 64 bit support stops 64 bit computers from running a 64 bit program.

Heck most computers in the last years all have 64 bit support yet many run on 32 bit operating systems.

Upvote 0
nope its correct 76.34% of windows 7 uses on steam are running in 64bit.

But that would be completely irrelevant, because what counts is the total amount of users. Because not all the RO2 customers are on Windows 7.

He also said "Gamers" and not "Windows 7 users". So no, the statement is not correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forssen and jalex3
Upvote 0
nope its correct 76.34% of windows 7 uses on steam are running in 64bit.
But he was talking about gamers in general, not Win 7 users =). Hence the correct answer should be 35.52% (win7) + 10.27% (vista) + 0.91% (XP), based on steam Hardware survey.

Although for ROHOS one might just guess the ratio of 64 bit users on only vista and win7 as a bigger portion of computers with XP might not be good enough. If so:

64bit vista/win7 = 35.52% + 10.27% = 45.79%
32bit vista/win7 = 10.91% + 13.37% = 24.28%

So "based on that assumption" one could guess that 65% of the ROHOS players will play on 64 bit.

Reactions: Fedorov and Forssen
Upvote 0
But he was talking about gamers in general, not Win 7 users =). Hence the correct answer should be 35.52% (win7) + 10.27% (vista) + 0.91% (XP), based on steam Hardware survey.

Although for ROHOS one might just guess the ratio of 64 bit users on only vista and win7 as a bigger portion of computers with XP might not be good enough. If so:

64bit vista/win7 = 35.52% + 10.27% = 45.79%
32bit vista/win7 = 10.91% + 13.37% = 24.28%

So "based on that assumption" one could guess that 65% of the ROHOS players will play on 64 bit.

statslv.jpg

Reactions: Forssen
Upvote 0