• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Full 1016 Balance Change Log

- Each Crossbow Bolt costs 3.3 pounds instead of 3 pounds

Hah, yeah right! One bolt costs 20 pounds...
If you buy one "mag", it costs 20 bucks and you get ONE single bolt.
If, however, one "mag" gave 6 bolts (and that in total still cost 20 bucks), yes, then it would be 3.333333(etc) per bolt.

Right now it costs 480 bucks to fill its ammo, even though you have 12 of 36 bolts. (Applies for non-sharpies only, instead it's about half the cost for a level 6 sharpie, which is fine i guess)

In short, i don't see anyone using the Xbow right now. Heavy, expensive and not that powerful in the end (M14 and Lar is a way better combo). It went from overpowered to useless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I solo'ed HoE with Katana and Xbow as a zerker. Not really useless. Comes in handy actually.

I can solo HoE with only knife and 9mm till wave 6. So? Can I say 9mm and knife "comes in handy actually" and think they are good for HoE? You always have katana, you always have hand cannon. So 9mm and knife is not a good choice.

No offense. But what you can do with it means nothing. When there is always a better choice, meaning sommething's wrong.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Are you serious?

Are you serious?

" Removed reload and recoil bonuses for the 9mm, Dualies, and Dual
Handcannons from the Sharpshooter"

For an Xbow SS or a low level SS trying to get XP what are you supposed to do. This class is reliant on quick headshots! This has removed some of the balance.... also, changing the weapon slots? Really?!? So lets tripwire isnt concerned that this might upset veteran players?

I own two copies of this game and all the DLC with the exception of the most recent. The recoil thing is annoying but that really hurts new players... and the changing of the weapon slots really hurts old players. for the weapons slots that sort of thing should be a check box in the options that automatically scripts the bind. I dont think I will be buying anymore DLC after this. The sharpshooter class, my favorite just got completely raped. The update did nothing but hurt and degrade its abilities. But the recoil thing is going too far.

I am really disappointed.

Upvote 0
My thoughts:

The new weapon slots are epic. IE mac 10 and chainsaw. Im not sure why people are complaining about veteran players being confused. Change is part of life, and this change is for the extreme better.

If you have chainsaw you don't have another heavy weapon. It makes switching weapons much more accurate because you don't have to sift through things to get to what you want. Now that pipe bombs are so expensive, instead of using last slots on zerker for bombs, I now sometimes buy a machete for fun. Now when i switch to knife from chainsaw to run faster, i have a stronger knife to chop for fun if I need. Before, this would be harder to do for fun, because I would have to hit the same button multiple times to switch items raising the chance of miss-pressing and being forced to go through selection again.

I almost died, and did die a few times solely to the new weapon slots, but why *****, you will get used to it soon enough.

I agree with pipe bomb price hike but I have some thoughts on it. It is always super lame to have a demo dude higher level then everyone with more money running around spamming pipes... but they are needed, especially for a demo dude and a law. What if the demo pipe bombs price rose with however many you had like a multiplier? So the more you carry, the more the next one will cost type thing, and use this in a way to alter the cost of the pbs for each class.

thats all for now

Upvote 0
Bye, bye speedy Medic-tank. :(

Man, this is so going to make playing as Medic less fun now because they were a great alternative as a tank with the katana to stun scrakes and less speedy because of the nerf. Not sure how out running a flesh pound or angry scrake is going to work, now. Oh well. Good for balance I guess. Still sucks. Although if they did anything to help with the healing besides the money gain that would've been nice. I keep getting teams that dodges my syringe instead of the enemies.

Upvote 0
Bye, bye speedy Medic-tank. :(

Man, this is so going to make playing as Medic less fun now because they were a great alternative as a tank with the katana to stun scrakes and less speedy because of the nerf. Not sure how out running a flesh pound or angry scrake is going to work, now. Oh well. Good for balance I guess. Still sucks. Although if they did anything to help with the healing besides the money gain that would've been nice. I keep getting teams that dodges my syringe instead of the enemies.

Just remember what the medic's purpose is.

Upvote 0
So what's with the chainsaw now?
Will it be fixed? Is it intended? It doesn't say anything about that in the log and with a 1x headshot multiplier and those 16% extra damage as a lv6 zerk, you should be able to decap a gorefast in 1 hit without having it running around headless.
Not 2 with a headless chicken.
It's borderline useless again right now and I really hope you didn't do that because of that couple of whiners.
That ain't no katana sidegrade anymore, it's a blatant downgrade with no redeeming quality.

But it was an accident, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Will it be fixed? Is it intended? It doesn't say anything about that in the log and with a 1x headshot multiplier and those 16% extra damage as a lv6 zerk, you should be able to decap a gorefast in 1 hit without having it running around headless.
It's borderline useless again right now and I really hope you didn't do that because of that couple of whiners.
That ain't no katana sidegrade anymore, it's a blatant downgrade with no redeeming quality.

I notice that too... although I only use the saw on the first wave, I will not just ignore this problem. I hope TWI have notice this too.

Upvote 0

No, they fixed backstabbing for chainsaw primary. Chainsaw primary attack has its own code for dealing damage and it also had the same back stab bug in the beta. So now that that is fixed, it's 2 "hits".

Upvote 0
No, they fixed backstabbing for chainsaw primary. Chainsaw primary attack has its own code for dealing damage and it also had the same back stab bug in the beta. So now that that is fixed, it's 2 "hits".

So basically the damage got haphazardly cut in half then?
That's kinda silly that this happens now that the final patch gets released while the backstab bug officially got "fixed" at patch 2 of 7 of the beta then.

Well at least it's an improvement over the old saw I guess.
I really liked the saw that was actually worthwhile for slowing you down and weighing a ton though.
New playstyle, you know. No more monopoly of the ever so boringly superior katana.
An option actually worth considering beyond wave 4.

Oh well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow i was wondering why the hell everything seemed so different and expensive. i thought i was just going into some real bad servers.

this feels completely different from the game I demo'd and then bought... kinda pissed off about that. and i'm not talking about the xmas mod.

oh well... guess I can just hope they don't make more "fixes".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow i was wondering why the hell everything seemed so different and expensive. i thought i was just going into some real bad servers.

this feels completely different from the game I demo'd and then bought... kinda pissed off about that. and i'm not talking about the xmas mod.

oh well... guess I can just hope they don't make more "fixes".

What in particular do you not like here? I mean, yeah, stuff doesn't automatically curl up and die for you when you whip out an xbow, but I'm guessing your not whining over that.

It does play very differently, like it used to. But I unless you say exactly what makes it different in a bad way, it can't really be helped, sorry.

And take in mind, if your playing on pubs, there is a massive surge in new players who appear to have the filter set on 'any difficulty'.

Upvote 0