• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normandy Mod - Looking for Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldih said:
(This is offtopic and I apologize.)

But those who rant "OMG just another western front", well I would rant about RO "OMG just another WWII arcade zomgloller shootter woot!!!11 Kar has safety in wrong pos woot lolzomggbob!"

So if you really do not have anything to say than to whine about Normandy being overdone (I thought the same til I thought couple of times), you can just kiss someone

Upvote 0
As has been said, there are many many Normandy games. However, RO is the revolution on infantry combat. I also hope this is a realistic version, IE not just the Yanks getting all the glory. The British definitely need a look in, though perhaps should be known as 'The Commonwealth' to include the ANZACs and Canadians to keep them from kicking up a fuss.

Looking forward to seeing what you can produce, guys!

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I wish you guys good luck for your Normandy Mod, as I really would like to play a realistic approach on that scenario. Of course, there are already hundreds of games with the same setting, but what the hell, I'd love to play a decent battle in Carentan in a non-noobish way, with RO's feel and some tanks involved.
Yeah, just imagine popping some Shermans in the French lowlands or in the Netherlands. Imagine aiming down the sights of a M1 Garand, knowing that nobody out there has crosshairs or magical indicators or anything like that ****.
Plus... For one time, I wanna play as a French, using their crappy guns and big, bad tanks, and curse all over the place.

I say, that would be awesome, as it would offer a totally new approach on the Western Front.

Upvote 0
Regiestered here just for this thread really, although i've been playing RO for a couple of years. I'm real interested in this mod, but only as most people have said, if you add the Brits and other battles apart from the ones which have been covered time and time again.

Im a 2d artist (presentations, logo's, webdesign and textures)
Public Relations (i can sell your mod using previous experience)
Mapper (Newbie UT mapper, but willing to learn. Mapped for MoH and HL2)
Historian (I know my stuff concerning WW2, and willing to research more)

So if you're considering adding more than what has already been done in the gaming world to this mod, send me a pm or throw me a mail at [email protected]

Upvote 0
DraKon2k said:
For me it all depends on one factor. If they use americans as the good ones and germans as the bad ones, I won't even think about playing it, no matter how realistic it is. I'm all for a realistic Normandy Mod, but don't start with this all-american crap.
ffs Drakon, half the thread's been on Commonwealth involvement in the mod.

Really looking forward to coming inland off Juno :D

Upvote 0
IMO the only other good normandy games ive ever played was BIA and BIA:EIB, which although they were awsome, were unoriginal and the characters unintresting. So this mod seems like an amzing idea to me, especially if we include canadian and british involvment in the invasion. Juno beach would be extreamly intresting for me (im canadian) since that beach was the second most heavily defended beach, the first being omaha (but ppl are already b****ing about it being in Normandy, so i doubt that would be a viable choice) and i cant think of a single game that has canadian troops set in WWII. Good luck with the mod, ill support you guys all the way.

Upvote 0
I would love to be able to attack Pegasus Bridge or the Son Bridge, or even the whole Operation: Market Garden campaign, replay Villers Bocage (for you Wittman nuts), of course you gotta have some Battle of the Bulge battles...the West Front is rich with ideas.
The Italian campaign and Africa campaign would be a welcome change too.
Oh, cant forget...the Finnish campaigns would be cool. I would love to shoot a 20mm AT gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LemoN said:
god westfront sux so much....
Umm, no?

It hasn't been done realistically yet, and you can't tell me you wouldn't like a to see a Red Orchestra: Westfront 1940-1945(once they pretty much finished up the eastern europe scenario) which isn't american-biased and has the gameplay and the realism level of RO.

It would drive all the pro-commies around here away, but they could still play as Osttruppen :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.