• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normandy Mod - Looking for Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say good luck to your project, I admire what you want to do, especially since I've never had the will power to do something like this myself, even though I have so many ideas.....and I guess some people say artistic skill.

To be honest I'm not sure if I like the idea of Americans vs Germans....but thats my opinion, and I know many people would like to see this, especially depicted as realistic warfare.....so good luck.

Upvote 0
Finally! A chance for an actually realistic D-Day scenario! I've been asking for an RO map like that; just basically one side that has limited defenders, while the other has a massive amount of disposable reins. IMO, I would LOVE it if you guys could make a D-Day map where the allied side gets a realistic challenge, e.g. A LOT of casualties required to make decent headway. The germans get to mow 'em down with piles of ammo, but each casualty for their side is a palpable loss. :)

Upvote 0
Polygon said:
Oh no...

I'm just kidding, with the mod support, we were bound to have some Western Front concepts arise. Good luck with your endeavor.
No joke tho...this is the first sign of COD players at work...
I cant Stand the thought of them getting a hold of the SDK...
do what u want but there wont be any way to edit models and what not so ur stuck with the eastern front weapons.
For western front...play CoD

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
do what u want but there wont be any way to edit models and what not so ur stuck with the eastern front weapons.
You know that you don't have to download the mod if you don't want to...:rolleyes:.

I for one, look forward to this mod because a realism based Western front game is pretty much nonexistant. Good luck with it, Insanity (and the rest of the crew).

Upvote 0
I for one would love to see the western front! You can argue its been overdone but i can just imagine a realistic thompson, churchill and sherman tanks being obliterated (cos lets be honest they suck :p). I think if done to the same level of detail/realism as RO this could/would be very popular. I would get it for sure. I do however agree with other people that perhaps the brits and canadians could take a larger role with theyre own weapons rather than just borrowing the american ones like in mohaa.

Upvote 0
spraduke said:
I for one would love to see the western front! You can argue its been overdone but i can just imagine a realistic thompson, churchill and sherman tanks being obliterated (cos lets be honest they suck :p).

Yeah so did the panzer IV, Tiger and the King Tiger when they came up against the Archer and the M10 achillies (the British version) with its 17lb (98mm) or 105mm cannons.

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:

Guess what, this comment makes YOU! look like an COD player.

Upvote 0
(This is offtopic and I apologize.)

But those who rant "OMG just another western front", well I would rant about RO "OMG just another WWII arcade zomgloller shootter woot!!!11 Kar has safety in wrong pos woot lolzomggbob!"

So if you really do not have anything to say than to whine about Normandy being overdone (I thought the same til I thought couple of times), you can just kiss someone

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.