• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Normandy Mod - Looking for Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piron said:
I dont want to temper your enthusiasm guys, but wouldnt it be fun (and not that much work) to start with a 'lend-lease' extension. Russians with shermans, bazookas, halftracks,... It could be a base for a future normandy mod.
This is the right idea. Mod development takes a long time, at least you guys could showcase your work this way. (That plus I really want to use a Browning instead of a DP28...)

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
well, make it good instead of the allied overglorifying pieces of **** known as Medel of Honor and CoD.
I agree...

All we can do now is to encourage these gentlemen and help them.
If this first modding step isn't set, it could mean that the Ostfront modding scene might be non-existant.

Always help the very first milestone! ;)

I'll support you guys, I can do some webstuff.
I have experience with forums (vBulletin, phpBB, InvisionBoard and various other BB-based forums), portals (Xoops, CutePHP, PHPNuke, etc) and I can mod these.

Some small experience in MySQL, Apache, XML, Javascript (I can also do some Ajax-work), Photoshop, and major skillz in HTML.

If you want me in, just say the word! ;)

I have no real modding skills, but I know how game engines work and stuff.

Upvote 0
kfnguy2 said:
Or we could just let him make an Normandy mod.
Ha. You make a'me laugh. Mellow out my fellows - what's the beef cheif?

Why all the animosity over the Western Front of WWII? Odd bit of EF elitism - it's all a bit confusing (I understand the animosity is toward the other WWII FSP of late, but we aren't talking about those games).

I'm glad RO went with the Eastern Front as it's so neglected, but the fact of the matter is that they went and made the BEST WWII FPS Online Multiplayer game ever so I can't imagine the downside of expanding it (eventually) to the entirety of WWII.

Upvote 0
icu said:
Ha. You make a'me laugh. Mellow out my fellows - what's the beef cheif?

Why all the animosity over the Western Front of WWII? Odd bit of EF elitism - it's all a bit confusing (I understand the animosity is toward the other WWII FSP of late, but we aren't talking about those games).

I'm glad RO went with the Eastern Front as it's so neglected, but the fact of the matter is that they went and made the BEST WWII FPS Online Multiplayer game ever so I can't imagine the downside of expanding it (eventually) to the entirety of WWII.
It really is a joke. I love this game and it is the Eastern Front.

People, if you want a non-Normandy mod then make it yourself. If this guy wants to make a normandy mod focusing on the Americans, then so be it. That's his right.

Upvote 0
Rohrmoser said:
Boo to that lol. One of the reasons I bought this game is becuase they focus on German vs Russian.

I swear this board has got some of the most negative users I've ever seen :(

I don't get it.

Rohrmoser one of the reasons I bought this game was for the Eastern Front as well. But the fact is myself and a lot of other players are very interested in the Western Front also. Isn't there room for a lot more gaming?

Upvote 0
Instead of Normandy how about you do Italy instead. That way you can get in the Americans and British vs germans. If it is set in Italy it would be a totally different and fresh feel to the American games out there. You wouldn't have to even do the Italians if you didn't want to.

Oh yeah, and another idea instead of Normandy, maybe you could do North Africa instead. Sure COD2 did North Africa, but not very well imo. I think with this game the desert would look awesome and the tankers in RO would be in heaven.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.