• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

I think the difficulty depends on your class more than the difficulty setting. I breezed through Insanity without trying as a Widow assassination agent infiltrator and a shotgun assault armor sentinel. As engineer, I couldn't even get past the part where you have to defend the AA gun terminal from waves of husks and scions (the hardest part in the game, IMO), no matter what I tried.

Fortunately, engineer is a boring, horrible class I had no desire to beat the game with.

Upvote 0
"Widow infiltrator"? What's that? I'm playing as an infiltrator too and ya... breezing through it. Course the story is the main thing, but I want a damn challenge too ya know? And I'd rather not have to go with some boring *** class if I can help it.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Widow_Anti-Material_Rifle

I chose the Widow rifle when you get to pick your weapon on the Collector ship. Combined with the assassination cloak you can one hit most enemies with a headshot. I chose Agent class spec over Assassin because you really don't need any more bonus damage (course that may have been cuz I had warp ammo), it's better to be able to cloak more often and take more assassination cloaked shots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1157495p1.htmlhttp://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1157495p1.html

Potential spoilers on page 2, I recommend either not reading this thread if you don't want any spoilers (they are pretty minor) or we all refrain from talking about page 2 until Tuesday. Whatever we choose, I'm pumped. Tuesday and Wednesday off, PSU coming to replace my DOA one is scheduled to come Tuesday and Arrival on the same day! Though I have all my playthroughs on Xbox. I did buy ME 1 and 2 for PC as well (dead giveaway that I have no girlfriend I guess, lol) and want to check out the game...but my Arrival playthroughs will be limited to 360 at least for a while. Don't know if I want to buy the same DLC...

Upvote 0
Yep the new Gameinformer has quite the information in it.

-Combat is supposed to be bigger, more challenging (but not frustrating) via better combat AI (they're talking about coordinated tactics from the enemies. I know we've seen that talk about a lot of games...Killzone 2 had the best AI of any shooter I ever played. Hope they take a page from Guerilla Games) and they've added in some new things into the cover system, mantling now so that you don't have to take cover behind every single object to go over it, as well as ladders. No more weapon restrictions either which is a relief to me...I prefer the assault rifles over the rest of the weapons. Though the Soldier is still the only class that can carry all the weapons at one time...apparently the other classes have a limited amount of slots, but they can choose an AR or shotgun if they're an adept for instance. I think the fact that an overwhelming amount of players played as Soldier had a role in that change. Good to see Bioware getting good use of the gameplay feedback they put in ME 2.

-You can pick up used weapons on the battlefield. Basically, Casey Hudson the lead dev said now that they have shooter combat, they need to get more on-level overall with other shooters. Its actually not so different from ME 2's system really, we will have to see if we can buy the weapons. They probably will use the same ones that were in ME 2, or some of them, with a few new ones added in. I saw a Revnant MG in one of the screenshots, it could be a placeholder though. There's also a picture on one page that has four weapons, 3 are completely alien to me but one looks similar to the Mattock AR. It looks like a Cerberus gun, a white rifle with yellow markings on it. I also saw an Avenger AR in one of the screenshots being used by an enemy while Shepard uses the Mattock looking rifle. You can also get different scopes, barrels, and materials to give weapons different combat effects as well as cosmetics. Each class has a unique melee attack, I guess there's going to be more of an inclusion of melee in the third game. There's a picture of a Cerberus guy with what looks like an arm-blade, and one of a female Cerberus operative with what looks like a sword...her right hand is glowing red as well. Definitely a lot of new stuff is being added for the third game.

-The class powers are going to be very powerful. The game will have you more in line of where your character ended up as in ME 2, and each power will have multiple evolved forms instead of one.

-There's a picture of I guess a Rachni that has been implanted with Reaper technology. Its a quad-petal cybernetic and flesh mixture. Ghastly looking thing. There's also what appears to be a Batarian husk (it has four 'eyes' similar to them) perhaps its a scion type thing but with Batarian DNA. Its so big that at first I thought it was a Krogan husk.

-There's a pic of Ashley with her hair down, didn't recognize her at first. Better looking I'd say. Speaking of crewmates, in the third game we should see Ashley/Kaidan, Garrus, Liara and a new guy named James Sanders (perhaps related to Khalee Sanders from the novels? Also Bioware said that hes not the guy who's sniping in Big Ben from the first trailer they released. Hmm. I also stumbled upon this old article from IGN, which I had read on the ME wiki but just realized that the James in that email might just be James Sanders...probably only important if you romanced Ash in the first game. Some sort of love triangle maybe in ME 3.) They also saw/heard Wrex, Mordin, Legion and Anderson. There's a picture of Anderson in body armor, but Bioware said he's a "placeholder". No idea what that is supposed to mean. So there's no way of knowing yet if he can fight alongside you. Ambassador Udina and Illusive Man are going to play a role as well. Cerberus is apparently trying to stop Shepard.

-They've improved the technology that reads your decisions and how you view cutscenes and such, so hopefully no more obvious hitches as the game reads what you've done and what to show you.

-Fun fact: Apparently thresher maws can go toe-to-toe with a Reaper starship. Damn! Thank god for Tuchanka.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any chance Kasumi will be in ME3 or is that absolutely not possible seeing as she's DLC (for people that "bought" her obviously---clearly she wouldn't show up for people that didn't)?

What about Miranda?

I couldn't care less about Ashley honestly, unless she turns into a reaper or something and I get to shoot her lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah Bioware mentions that every squadmate will have a role in ME 3, nobody is going to be forgotten about or cast aside. You can bet on Miranda being in, since shes a romance option. Even if you don't romance a character they have to have some role in ME 3 I would think. Especially since Miranda was Illusive Man's best asset at one point in time.

Upvote 0
Why shouldn't she be in ME3? Not everyone played the first two games and implementing her would only take like two lines of dialogue. I wouldn't expect too much though, Kaiden/Ashley and Liara conversations were like "hey sup bai"

You can also get different scopes, barrels, and materials to give weapons different combat effects as well as cosmetics. Each class has a unique melee attack, I guess there's going to be more of an inclusion of melee in the third game. There's a picture of a Cerberus guy with what looks like an arm-blade, and one of a female Cerberus operative with what looks like a sword...her right hand is glowing red as well. Definitely a lot of new stuff is being added for the third game.

I like what I'm reading.

Upvote 0
Even though Kasumi's a DLC? (i.e. not everyone on PC has her... though everyone on PS3 does)

Not that I don't believe you but you got a source for "every character will have a role in ME 3"?

There's a page dedicated to some details about who you can play alongside. They say that of course not every single character can be used in your squad, but they are currently working on which characters you can use and who will be making cameo appearances, and I would guess...hope...that means they will help in some indirect way. From the lead dev himself: "Some players are going to be core to the story. They're squad members... ...some characters might be there for just one mission, but they are a squad member for that mission. And some characters will have cameo appearances." Then the article writer adds: "...they weren't introduced into the ME universe only to be swept under the rug." I would guess James Sanders will be one of only a couple of new squad members introduced. Or maybe a bunch of the older characters will be tied up with other affairs...like Wrex being busy uniting the Krogan clans to help your fight against the Reapers. I guess we will have to see.

Ah, looking at the pictures again, I see something else: There's a Cerberus operative using what looks like rocket boots. There's fire coming from his boots, and it looks like exhaust, but he also looks a little confused. Not his face, its covered by a helmet of course, but his body language looks that way. But if I had to guess I would say he's using rocket boots.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Is Arrival worth buying?
If you love ME2 then yes.

I mean what... it's the cost of a meal at mcdonalds or a (good) beer. Took me about 4-5 hours to beat on insanity. Plus it could lead to some... very interesting stuff in ME3. Won't spoil anything, but from the ending it SOUNDED to me like "stuff" would happen as a result of your actions on that mission(s). (really one super long mission, it's not split up like the other DLCs)

I have basically no money but have bought every single DLC (not the costume/weapon ones but the mission ones aka Shadow broker etc.) and haven't regretted it :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a page dedicated to some details about who you can play alongside. They say that of course not every single character can be used in your squad, but they are currently working on which characters you can use and who will be making cameo appearances, and I would guess...hope...that means they will help in some indirect way. From the lead dev himself: "Some players are going to be core to the story. They're squad members... ...some characters might be there for just one mission, but they are a squad member for that mission. And some characters will have cameo appearances." Then the article writer adds: "...they weren't introduced into the ME universe only to be swept under the rug." I would guess James Sanders will be one of only a couple of new squad members introduced. Or maybe a bunch of the older characters will be tied up with other affairs...like Wrex being busy uniting the Krogan clans to help your fight against the Reapers. I guess we will have to see.

Ah, looking at the pictures again, I see something else: There's a Cerberus operative using what looks like rocket boots. There's fire coming from his boots, and it looks like exhaust, but he also looks a little confused. Not his face, its covered by a helmet of course, but his body language looks that way. But if I had to guess I would say he's using rocket boots.
Sounds good to me :).

Even if Kasumi just makes a cameo that'd be cool. Honestly though I want another heist mission... maybe one way more complex too, that'd be nice, since it sounds like they're trying to make ME3 more challenging. (thankfully)

Upvote 0
Arrival is vital for the transition between ME2 and ME3. It should be the last mission you play in the game.

Making DLC essential for continuation of a game series story?

excuse-me-im-calling-bulls.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0