• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

The way Arrival is and the way ME 3 is starting it really seems like they are designing the story with Arrival in mind but of course, they say they haven't. It really seems like they expect you to have played Arrival though. I guess if you are a big fan of the series, you'll have played it. If not, then it shouldn't really matter how they do their story I guess. Its not like the DLC is immensely expensive and only the biggest Mass Effect fans will get it.

Upvote 0
I haven't played the Shadowbroker one either, but people say you should do that before finishing ME2, well I've already finished and am really happy with my (utter bastard renegade) save.

I think I'll pick it up after I finish my replay of The Witcher.
Shadow broker is worth it no question.

Best DLC by far. The visuals are... frankly maybe the best I've ever seen in a game (in terms of scenery). It's just... amazing.

Also gives you some great background on all your "crew" if you're into that. Gives em more character, some hilarious stuff. I won't spoil it though :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey at least there won't be conflict between RO2 and ME3... but ya... that sucks :(.

ME 1/2 were the first RPG games I actually liked... is it likely I'll enjoy KOTOR or any of Bioware's other games?

I guess what made me like it is that

a) The combat was actually cool
b) The metric ****ton of recorded dialogue
and most importantly:
c)It didn't feel like a grind

Just to give an example, I've absolutely hated every MMORPG I've played and despised Oblivion (it was pretty sure, but beyond that... well let's just say I thought Yahtzee over at ZP hit the nail on the head)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey at least there won't be conflict between RO2 and ME3... but ya... that sucks :(.

ME 1/2 were the first RPG games I actually liked... is it likely I'll enjoy KOTOR or any of Bioware's other games?

I guess what made me like it is that

a) The combat was actually cool
b) The metric ****ton of recorded dialogue
and most importantly:
c)It didn't feel like a grind

Just to give an example, I've absolutely hated every MMORPG I've played and despised Oblivion (it was pretty sure, but beyond that... well let's just say I thought Yahtzee over at ZP hit the nail on the head)

KOTOR is bloody brilliant - you owe it to yourself to play it.

Upvote 0
My hype for this game has dropped a ton and I blame Dragon Age 2.

I lost all faith in Bioware.
1) There are completely seperate teams working on the DA / ME series.
2) This delay can only mean that the game will be even better since they get more time - something they hopefully learned from DA2.

Reactions: Shepherd
Upvote 0
I take that delay as wonderful news. I hope they use it to ensure the quality of the game and the lack of plot holes, especially after Drew Karpyshyn left, leaving Mac Walters as the only lead writer.

NoxNoctum, you should try Dragon Age Origins. Mass Effect was the first RPG I liked too and I still don't like many RPG games as well, but DAO is just as wonderful and great as ME. It's almost certain you won't like the gameplay and dialogue at first, but as you play you will start to like these things, especially if you speak frequently with your companions and notice that there's a lot more interaction with them than in ME. In the end of the game, you will regret not having played it earlier, because you will love it for its epicness :IS2:

Reactions: Nimsky and Stormer
Upvote 0
I've been thinking about jumping on the Mass Effect train, but I'd want to start with #1 then work my way up... is it worth it? I'm not a huge fan of the sci-fi theme, but I think I could tolerate it well if its a great game.

Well, considering both games are on sale on Steam atm, go for it. ME 1 and 2 just cost me 13,75 euros ;)

Upvote 0