• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

I have to say I really, realy like the Extended Cut. The endings have been improved tremendously, but they are still not that good. The endings used to be crap earlier, now they are at least acceptable. The new Control is just soooo badass and epic, but I chose destroy because I'd rather live. I have to admit I teared up a bit :p
Spoiler!

And the new ending, although it's (spoiler) ----a Reapers win scenario ending--(/spoiler), was pretty well done. Bioware did a good job IMHO.

Upvote 0
I'm going to play through the game with my other profile. But how do I know if the EC is installed? The menu does take longer to validate, so perhaps it automatically validates itself.

I still can't figure out how to import my characters face from ME2 though...
Have you downloaded the EC throught the "addons" part of Origin? It doesn't download automatically.

Upvote 0
Have you downloaded the EC throught the "addons" part of Origin? It doesn't download automatically.

Nope. I am now. I did not even know about the addons area. Must have been added in a recent update.

Once downloaded I assume it will activate when creating a new profile.

Still, I am not sure why my faces won't import. I also could have sworn Tali was killed in my other profile yet she was alive. :p

Upvote 0
So I finished ME 3, I bought it during the christmas sales and I reached the ending. I didn't get any choice, I just had to limp my way to a thingy in the citadel and shoot it and then the earth was destroyed and the mass effect fields too. The normandy crashed on some planet and when the door opened it just skipped to the end credits...I don't get it, I thought I was going to have a choice and see who survived on the normandy. Also, I thought only joker was on that ship with some crew, all the rest was on earth so I don't see how that would work out, besides he was dating the onboard computer.

Upvote 0
Did you play with the Extended Cut? That is a separate download. Right click on ME3 in Origin and you'll find a DLC area where there are various free DLCs. The overall ending is similar, though it is expanded and gives more explaination and gives you a 4th choice. For both my characters I had the option of all four endings.

The Leviathan DLC also changes the Extended Cut ending slightly if you have played it, though I have not replayed the ending since I completed it.

Upvote 0
I will now sum up, the new Citadel DLC in one quote.

"OH lets activate sing along mode":rolleyes:
I have to say I really enjoyed this DLC. I think it's my favorite DLC from the entire trilogy, even though it's mostly a self-parody. Almost felt bad for pirating it, but then I reminded myself the ME franchise still belongs to EA, unfortunately, and that I still want that despicable company to go bankrupt.

This DLC has shown me there are still talented and creative developers in Bioware, and it saddens me to see that EA's greed has been ruining their work. Seven hells, I really f*cking hate those bastards :mad:

Upvote 0
I have to say I really enjoyed this DLC. I think it's my favorite DLC from the entire trilogy, even though it's mostly a self-parody.

I agree. First part was rather fun, and the second part had some funny (not really lol worthy) moments. Interesting way to end the trilogy. Overall length is probably longer than Omega making it the longest DLC in the series.

I had fun with it.

Upvote 0