• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mass Effect 3

Two other things I forgot to mention:

You do not get choices in choosing which story missions you can complete first. You only get assigned one at a time. I realize That it did not make much of a difference in ME1 if you chose to do one mission before the other, but I liked having the choice anyways.

I also don't like how you can not exit the Normandy via the airlock door. In ME1 you could, in ME2 you could not even open the door. In ME3 you can open the interior door, yet you can not exit from the exterior door. :confused: Personally, I liked exiting from the door. It made the Normandy feel like a ship rather than just another map.

Upvote 0
What seemed completely out of place to me was the choice to have man-sex with Cortez. I mean wtf? That he was gay seemed very realistic and was completely ok, and if I had selected sexual orientation: men at the beginning of the game it would've been ok, but having the opportunity for this out of nowhere was completely out of place. It was even worse in DA2 where you constantly got man-sex offers in your face.

I say if you have same sex relationships then let me choose my sexual orientation beforehand and treat it realistically and not like an incest "everybody ****s with everyone" orgy.

Upvote 0
I have to disagree with you Heisenberg. Just because you have the possibility to do someone doesn't mean you should. Just because it's in the dialogue wheel doesn't mean your Shepard/champion of Kirkwall is considiering it, unless you click it. It's just an option. And having that be made at character creation rather than during the game has no other benefit than to limit your options even before you know what they are.

Upvote 0
Well to be honest the way it was in ME3 didn't really bother me much, because Cortez didn't right out ask you "so, you wanna ****?" but it was something you could ask. But in DA2 it constantly was in your face with Anders and that bisexual elf.

The point is that usually you don't just change your sexual orientation casually but you're born with it, so it should be the same in games. I don't have a problem if there are gay relationships but I don't constantly want to get such direct offers like in DA2 when it doesn't appeal to me. I mean I can see that BioWare wants to make same sex relationships a topic in their games, but if it is so forced it just feels inappropriate to me.

Upvote 0
Well to be honest the way it was in ME3 didn't really bother me much, because Cortez didn't right out ask you "so, you wanna ****?" but it was something you could ask. But in DA2 it constantly was in your face with Anders and that bisexual elf.

The point is that usually you don't just change your sexual orientation casually but you're born with it, so it should be the same in games. I don't have a problem if there are gay relationships but I don't constantly want to get such direct offers like in DA2 when it doesn't appeal to me. I mean I can see that BioWare wants to make same sex relationships a topic in their games, but if it is so forced it just feels inappropriate to me.

Well, I know people don't actively chose to be homosexuals, but still, many homosexuals didn't know they actually were that from the get go. Even nowadays, it's a lot o confusion and uncertainity until people come to realise it.

Also, how does the character being straight prevent gay NPCs from hitting on him/her? That doesn't make any sense at all. If the player character is attractive to them, then I don't see how your sexual preference will influence their desires. And especially with how Zevran is written, I dare say that you chosing to be straight actually would make him hit on you more. Ya know, the forbidden fruit and all.

Having said that. I generally agree the romancing/sex thing (regardless the orientation) in bioware games quite awkward and tacked on, and I didn't ever pursue them on purpose, allthough sometimes I found myself accidentally trigger the dialogue options leading to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ya really bugged me too because any time you chose any "nice" conversation choice with the elf there was a danger he would he start taking it as some sort of sexual advance :confused:.

Like when I gave him his boots or whatever it was that reminded him of his home. No dude, I'm not hitting on you, I'm just trying to get your agility bonus :D (or whatever it was)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya really bugged me too because any time you chose any "nice" conversation choice with the elf there was a danger he would he start taking it as some sort of sexual advance :confused:.

Like when I gave him his boots or whatever it was that reminded him of his home. No dude, I'm not hitting on you, I'm just trying to get your agility bonus :D (or whatever it was)
Yeah that sucked in DA2. It was either "I want your penis" or "I f*cking hate you".

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to successfully import their profiles since the new patch came out? Still no luck here.
Only my FemSheps worked properly. My MaleSheps are still bugging and importing an ugly Van Diesel face when I try importing them, and even one of my Sheploos bugged, getting an ugly Mongol face instead of the default one :p

Upvote 0
I'll tell you when I get my graphics card back... I estimate another month.

:)

You can always import them without view any of the content/campaign. Just click import, and it will take you to the character customization screen. From there you'll see how it works... good luck. If it doesn't, there are some methods posted online, but they don't work for me. At least the "YHML" method didn't. For my Male Shep it was close enough for me to tweak it, for Femshep it was as off as it could get. You might as well get started while you wait for the replacement.

In terms of the official patch, there has been no change in the way they are imported for me.

If anyone knows another importation method I would like to try it.

Upvote 0
Well it should've been obvious beforehand that my Shepard isn't gay and the reality is that they wouldn't dare try to hit on him. Agree on Zevran, but such characters aren't realistic either. Maybe if I had important ME1/ME2 saves the option wouldn't have been there, idk.

It's funny because even when you romance somebody else, and you're just nice to Cortez some lines leak out later on that makes it sound like Cortez is your new boytoy.

Especially the STEEEEEVE part near the end.

Upvote 0

Come on, this is the 21th century. It's not simply a matter of "being born with it" :rolleyes:

Upvote 0