• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Important: Way too accurate aim for every soldier!

If target isn't moving and I set my deployed mg to 200m, I can plink helmets consistently all day long.

You're making it sound a lot easier than it is.

That having been said it shouldn't be exceptionally hard to hit a headsized target with a deployed MG from 200 m away. Also a rifleman should have little problem doing the same from a supported position.

Upvote 0
You're making it sound a lot easier than it is.

That having been said it shouldn't be exceptionally hard to hit a headsized target with a deployed MG from 200 m away. Also a rifleman should have little problem doing the same from a supported position.

Just did it on FallenFighters, 6 one shot kills at 175m on targets who were prone. *Shrug*

And no it shouldn't be that easy. Try resting your rifle on window seal and hitting a watermelon at 200m with one shot.

You might get it after a couple shots, you may get it on the first. From what I've seen the rifle resting in this game is like locking your gun in a vice, even if you are just leaning the rifle on the corner of 2 walls.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The front of a prone soldier is a bit bigger than a water melon.

Anyway, Ernie is quite adept at achieving this (1:50 min onwards):
Schmidt-Rubin Model 31 (Swiss K31) 420 yards (open sights) - YouTube

*Sigh* ya and look how long it takes "Ernie" to aim for 1 accurate shot.
(RO players make these shots in half the time from a standing unsupported position)
Also take note the perfectly prepared firing position.
He looks quite comfortable! Sitting in a bean-bag in almost a meditative state...

A far cry from the flying bullets, guts, rubble and exhaustion a Stalingrad solider would be enduring.

P.S. The Camcorder has more sway then the guns in ROHOS ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good shooting is all about good timing, and a good shooter will be able to time his shots very well with the sway of his weapon. An experienced shooter will also have a good deal of supportive positions in his repertoire for most situations, such as how to position the body when having to use a window seal to rest the rifle on.

A favorite position of mine when you can use nothing but your own body as support:
carlos-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Acquiring targets with the peripheral-lacking ultra binocular eyeballs has really detracted from a game that has so much teamwork and squadplay potential.

The front of a prone soldier is a bit bigger than a water melon.

Anyway, Ernie is quite adept at achieving this (1:50 min onwards):
Schmidt-Rubin Model 31 (Swiss K31) 420 yards (open sights) - YouTube

Ernie is supported in a set of V-shaped sandbags, has been sitting well rested in his chair for at least 5 minutes, and yet he still takes about 5-7 seconds to line up his shot.

In RO2 I can sprint for 20 seconds, stop, and hit a target 200 meters away on my first shot. Every other player is also capable of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ernie is supported in a set of V-shaped sandbags, has been sitting well rested in his chair for at least 5 minutes, and yet he still takes about 5-7 seconds to line up his shot.

V-shaped sandbags ?

And has been sitting for atleast 5 min ? You somehow have a magic ability to see what he's been doing before the cam started recording ?

In RO2 I can sprint for 20 seconds, stop, and hit a target 200 meters away on my first shot. Every other player is also capable of this.

That is also something I have a problem with, the sway after sprinting is way too calm and should be increased considerably. However when the character is calm I don't find the sway unrealistic from a supported position, while perhaps abit in the unsupported one.

Those are the two only problems I have with weapon handling in the game atm, too little sway after sprinting and a tad bit when unsupported when calm. That having been said the weapons behave as they should accuracy and recoil wise so far from what I can tell.

Upvote 0
I have a problem with the support system being too broad.

You can get the same support from the edge of a wall and a barb wire fence as you can the best of flat and stable table.

Perhaps supporting should take 2-3 seconds? You know, to get comfortable and actual support yourself and gun? Preferably the time until support comes available should vary depending on what you are trying to gain support from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There has been quite a bit of talk in adjusting the accuracy, which I'm all for. But I thought of another option to remedy the laser beams people are pulling off in this game currently.

What I term as "responsive sway" I've described thus:
Depending on where you're looking, and what stance you are in, there should be a response in the sway of your weapon when you quickly adjust to a person moving in your periphery. So, say for instance you're looking off into the 1-o-clock position and you notice an enemy moving from right to left at your 10-o-clock, as you reposition your gun to take aim on him, there should be a response as if you were moving in real life which would take into consideration slight adjustments in your body movement, and account for that in the sway of the weapon. Depending on how far you're moving the weapon, and how quickly you do it, will adjust the amount of sway and the prolonged effect it will have on your accuracy when you take aim.

I know that when I am firing my K98k in real life, even if it is braced on something, when I shift targets there is a bit of "settling" time that takes place as I reposition myself to take an accurate shot.

What this would do for gameplay is quite simple, increase the survivability of advancing troops while leaving the accuracy of the weapon in tact, just taking into consideration human variables that are presently unaccounted for. It would give a bit more of a chance of an actual firefight.

I understand the need to find a "happy medium" between ROOST and RO2 because ROOST was notorious for having a steep learning curve and warding people off. However, in its current state, gameplay is suffering and it's far too easy to pull of incredibly hard shots.

Upvote 0
I don't feel like their too accurate at all. If you are methodical, and setup correctly you can nail a shot from 50 yards in real like on a clay pigeon sized target no problem. a bolt action .22 a friend of mine had was hitting targets 2" across at 75 yards. my semi auto .22 was also doing this with a broken recoil buffer. although both of those guns have glass on them. It is a tad bit harder to do this with a bad sight picture of the k-98 (I own one) it's just small and takes a lot of work...and I'm 99% positive my sights need adjusting The mosin, however (own an M-44 carbine) was bulls eyeing torso sized targets from a front rested position at 100 yards easy, and this weapon is less accurate than the 91/30's in game. I may also mention this was using Military surplus Russian ammo, not with match grade stuff.

the real problem that we cannot fix is the lack of parallax error of the gun's sights.

Upvote 0
Acquiring targets with the peripheral-lacking ultra binocular eyeballs has really detracted from a game that has so much teamwork and squadplay potential.

Exactly. It makes no sense.

Now that players are starting to realize just how easy it is to get these distant shots with little or no effort, the game is truly becoming a pixel sniping fest -- even more than RO1 ever was. It's really killing the gameplay, and encourages player behavior that revolves around staying put and counter sniping rather than attempting to attack objectives and immediately getting wasted by the other team's snipers. In this case, I mean everyone with a rifle (or MP40 :rolleyes:) could be considered a "sniper".

Take it from me -- I have been in the beta since the first days of August, and from that time until release a month later I noticed just how frustrating and incredibly snipey the gameplay had become, and that was only after the beta testers had their hands on the game for a couple of months. I'm just saying that I can see the exact same thing happening with general public play, which could very well kill the game's longevity.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
V-shaped sandbags ?

And has been sitting for atleast 5 min ? You somehow have a magic ability to see what he's been doing before the cam started recording ?

V shaped meaning angled inwards so hes resting his gun in between.

You dont just record spur of the moment, hes likely been sitting down to load his gun, get his ammo ready, set up the camera, etc. Though that inconsequencial anyways.. he sitting at a firing range, not fighting in a war. I think many people who go to the firing range tend to get the imrpession that they are the same thing :rolleyes:

That is also something I have a problem with, the sway after sprinting is way too calm and should be increased considerably. However when the character is calm I don't find the sway unrealistic from a supported position, while perhaps abit in the unsupported one.

This in and of itself is a game balancing problem that Ive seen in a lot of realism games. People who move up an make an effort to capture objectives are esentially punished, as the people who choose to hang back and hide behind windowsils get a huge inherint advantage as there is simply no way the attackers can fire accuretely at them; you have to be carefully giving stationary players steady aim as the assaulters wont be able to carry their tactical momentum if they want to shoot straight. This would be incredibly apparent on RO2s stock maps, as they are quite linear and two dimensional and at any given moment you will be charging at people who are facing you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All I have to say on the discussion of weapon sway is, when using a rifle and standing, try to aim at something that is about 50-75m away. Note how much sway you have, then lower that a bit and that is how much sway should be in the game. Do the same thing for crouching, unsupported and supported. You'll notice how much sway you have IRL compared to this game and say its too little. Its not a matter of IF you can land headshots at 75m+, its how quickly you can aquire your target from a low ready stance and hit your target. I can get headshots at 75m+ in the game within a few seconds, and that is enitrely too unrealistic. A little more sway would really make this game great.

Upvote 0